Make this Willis's Team.

I'm definitly in the camp that willis is a franchise player. This teams best player won't be JP Losman, or Lee Evans, or Eric Moulds. The hope of making the postseason will rely on Willis Mcgahee and the defense.

With that said. I wouldn't go out and pay willis just yet. Yes he was only a 4 yard carry back last season. However a lot of that has to do with our olines inability to push the pile on run plays. Willis broke a hell of a lot of tackles and had a good # of runs for 20+ yards. Sometimes 2-3 times a game. The problem was the run was also stuffed a lot due to poor run blocking.

Mcgahee bounches off defenders like a bowling ball, and I highly doubt many backs would've averaged all that much better than willis. Hell Tomlinson the best rb in football only averaged 3.9 on a playoff team in sd.

Willis's was only 1 year removed from a devestating knee injury I fully expect a huge season out of him this year. I also may be going the true homerstic view but I truly expect by the end of this year willis will live up to what everyone thought he would be before his knee injury. Just Wait. Willis IS AND WILL PROVE TO BE A FRANCHISE PLAYER. BANK ON IT

I'm definitly in the camp that willis is a franchise player.  This teams best player won't be JP Losman, or Lee Evans, or Eric Moulds.  The hope of making the postseason will rely on Willis Mcgahee and the defense.

With that said.  I wouldn't go out and pay willis just yet.  Yes he was only a 4 yard carry back last season. However a lot of that has to do with our olines inability to push the pile on run plays.  Willis broke a hell of a lot of tackles and had a good # of runs for 20+ yards. Sometimes 2-3 times a game. The problem was the run was also stuffed a lot due to poor run blocking.

Mcgahee bounches off defenders like a bowling ball, and I highly doubt many backs would've averaged all that much better than willis.  Hell Tomlinson the best rb in football only averaged 3.9 on a playoff team in sd. 

Willis's was only 1 year removed from a devestating knee injury  I fully expect a huge season out of him this year.  I also may be going the true homerstic view but I truly expect by the end of this year willis will live up to what everyone thought he would be before his knee injury.  Just Wait.  Willis IS AND WILL PROVE TO BE A FRANCHISE PLAYER.  BANK ON IT

346890[/snapback]

Break the bank on it- what is he all of 22??