Dan Pompei is an Idiot

Believe it or not but, JP Losman could be worse than Bledsoe was last year. It's reality man!

346433[/snapback]

If JP really could be worse than Bledsoe (I DO NOT THINK THAT IS REALITY MAN!!!), Then we have a QB behind him who is better than Bledsoe! I know if he sucked that bad we would see Kelly in there real fast.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If JP really could be worse than Bledsoe (I DO NOT THINK THAT IS REALITY MAN!!!), Then we have a QB behind him who is better than Bledsoe! I know if he sucked that bad we would see Kelly in there real fast.

346968[/snapback]

I'm tired of talking about drew bledsoe as he's no longer a part of this team and playing for a team I hate more than any other in the nfl. However on what basis is Holcomb Better than Bledsoe? Holcomb has neever started a full season, and when he did fill in for couch in 2002, and made the playoffs he started a whoping 5 games(4 regular season and 1 postseason) and had these amazing stats.

2002 cle | 5 | 64 106 60.4 790 7.5 8 4

Yes he had a good playoff game against the steelers, but they lost. And Well when he did get the opportunity to start the next year the browns went an amazing 5-11 under Holcomb who btw finished with these stats

TOTAL | 193 302 1797 10 12

Yet again simply amazing :lol: All career highs btw in passes/attempts/yards/td's/int's.

With that said. While Holcomb is a good qb to have for a fill in for a game or 2, much to your dismay he is indeed not better than Drew Bledsoe, and that my friend is REALITY MAN.

I'll give you this time now to let it sink in slowly.......... :P

I'm tired of talking about drew bledsoe as he's no longer a part of this team and playing for a team I hate more than any other in the nfl. However on what basis is Holcomb Better than Bledsoe? Holcomb has neever started a full season, and when he did fill in for couch in 2002, and made the playoffs he started a whoping 5 games(4 regular season and 1 postseason) and had these amazing  stats.

2002 cle |  5 |    64  106  60.4  790  7.5  8  4

Yes he had a good playoff game against the steelers, but they lost.  And Well when he did get the opportunity to start the next year the browns went an amazing 5-11 under Holcomb who btw finished with these stats

TOTAL  |  193  302  1797  10  12 

Yet again simply amazing :lol:  All career highs btw in passes/attempts/yards/td's/int's.

With that said.  While Holcomb is a good qb to have for a fill in for a game or 2,  much to your dismay he is indeed not better than Drew Bledsoe, and that my friend is REALITY MAN. 

I'll give you this time now to let it sink in slowly.......... :P

346974[/snapback]

Ummm... because games are played on the field and not in stats and if you watched what one did and what the other did it would be easy to tell who out performed who?

Ummm... because one player over acheived and one player under-acheived?

Ummm... because one player made his incomprehensibly crappy players better around him and one made his pretty darn good players worse around him?

ummm... because one is designed to come in here and fill in for those games and help the young quaterback out and one is designed to play himself but played himself out of the job and doesn't want to help the young player?

Ummm... because games are played on the field and not in stats and if you watched what one did and what the other did it would be easy to tell who out performed who?

Ummm... because one player over acheived and one player under-acheived?

Ummm... because one player made his incomprehensibly crappy players better around him and one made his pretty darn good players worse around him?

ummm... because one is designed to come in here and fill in for those games and help the young quaterback out and one is designed to play himself but played himself out of the job and doesn't want to help the young player?

347060[/snapback]

I'm with you, stats are for losers. The only stat that matters is W-L. If anyone thinks Bledsoe is better than Holcomb they have no concept of reality.

I just dont think that is possible. Bledsoe is an absolutely horrible qb. I just can't see Losman being that bad and if he is, Holcomb isnt a scrub. If things really get derailed with Losman,  Kelly is a servicable qb.  I think 7-9 at the very worst looking at the sked.

346911[/snapback]

How many Charger and Bengal fans thought Leaf and Akili Smith would suck? There are countless first round quarterbacks who never develop into good players. Why is it impossible that JP will not be any good? I would call it a 50/50 proposition at best, and his chances of having Drew's lifetime stats are probably closer to zero.

That said, I agree about Holcombe. If JP is stinking up the field, MM needs to have a short leash. Holcombe has proven that he can win some games, and is capable of more than a 4-12 record.

I just hope that MM doesn't allow JP to cost the Bills a playoff spot if he is inadequate. There is enough talent on the Bills roster for them to make a playoff run imo.

How many Charger and Bengal fans thought Leaf and Akili Smith would suck? There are countless first round quarterbacks who never develop into good players. Why is it impossible that JP will not be any good? I would call it a 50/50 proposition at best, and his chances of having Drew's lifetime stats are probably closer to zero.

That said, I agree about Holcombe. If JP is stinking up the field, MM needs to have a short leash. Holcombe has proven that he can win some games, and is capable of more than a 4-12 record.

I just hope that MM doesn't allow JP to cost the Bills a playoff spot if he is inadequate. There is enough talent on the Bills roster for them to make a playoff run imo.

347185[/snapback]

There are going to bumps in the road with Losman lets face it. Maybe the playoffs arent in the cards this year. Thats not a disaster necessarily. Im just looking for Losman to show that he has the potential to be a very good qb. His first season is going to be a learning experience with lots of up's and downs. I hope that by the end of the season he is looking like the real deal for the following capaign. I dont expect a Super Bowl team and qb this year and I think that if anyone is they arent being realistic. I just want some positive development all around but especially at the qb position. But I dont expect Losman to be a All Pro. At least not yet.

Maybe the playoffs arent in the cards this year. Thats not a disaster necessarily.

347430[/snapback]

5 years without the playoffs IS a disaster........it does not take that long to turn around a team in the NFL, no matter how bad the starting point is.......just look around the league........where some of you get this unlimited patience is beyond me.........i'm ready for results, not more excuses......