NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

Rangers are done... congrats Lindy.

Not an NJ fan but I am a Lindy fan. He went from “fire Lindy” chants earlier in the season to making the genius goalie change in game 3 to 22 yr old Akira Schmid and coming back to win the series. Hope they go far.

Edited by Jukester
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Not an NJ fan but I am a Lindy fan. He went from “fire Lindy” chants earlier in the season to making the genius goalie change in game 3 to 22 yr old Akira Schmid and coming back to win the series. Hope they go far.

I didn't really watch the Devils much this season but wow did Schmid ever impress tonight... kid was cool as a cucumber, I'm glad he got a game 7 shutout.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Go Devils...Buffalo is rooting for ya Lindy! 

P.S.  What an incredible first round of playoff hockey that was

Woooo...Slow down... NOT so fast. 😆 My hate of Rangers overpowered all else. I like Lindy, but he's still coaching the Devils. Things may change depending on next teams. NOT sure where I stand on Hurricanes but it's a stone's throw from hurling:

jim-carrey-nojo.gif

LindyLove probably survives another round! 😉 

Darren Dreger on Twitter: "Joel Quenneville hasn’t been officially cleared by the NHL. A formal interview request will likely encourage the commissioners approval. With existing coaching vacancies and speculation around the NYR, Quenneville’s return to a bench is a strong possibility." / Twitter

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-playoffs-panthers-restrict-ticket-sales-for-home-games-vs-maple-leafs-to-u-s-residents-only/

Panthers restricting ticket sale to U.S. residents.

I always find it a bit off-putting when playoff teams try to limit visiting fans. It's sort of moot as well since there's so many secondary ticket sale options. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Rangers fan sucker punches a Devils employee at the game last night.

I hate the Rangers as much as the next guy - actually probably a lot more than the next guy - but imo it's disingenuous to label an entire fan base off the actions of one d-head. Pretty sure there was an instance last year of a Ranger fan sucker punching an opposing fan at the Garden and every other Ranger fan in the vid coming to the victims aid and pointing out the d-head.

BTW - congrats on advancing.  Didn't see all of it but looked to me like each team dominated 3 games and the Devils came out on top in the contested game. Last night's game brought me much joy.

21 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Panthers looked good! They’ve really found their game the last 4+ games now in the playoffs. They are looking a lot more like that president’s trophy team of last season.

I was surprised by how many people were automatically picking the Leafs as the favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference now because if you watched the series against Tampa they got outplayed during most of it but were saved by an incredible performance by Samsanov and some questionable calls from the refs...but there's no winning that way is going to be sustainable all the way to the Finals.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I hate the Rangers as much as the next guy - actually probably a lot more than the next guy - but imo it's disingenuous to label an entire fan base off the actions of one d-head. Pretty sure there was an instance last year of a Ranger fan sucker punching an opposing fan at the Garden and every other Ranger fan in the vid coming to the victims aid and pointing out the d-head.

BTW - congrats on advancing.  Didn't see all of it but looked to me like each team dominated 3 games and the Devils came out on top in the contested game. Last night's game brought me much joy.

I am not a Devils fan. My team (Isles) got bounced vs the Canes. Good luck with the Sabres next year. That team is building something special. I have no doubt there will be playoff hockey in Buffalo next year.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am not a Devils fan. My team (Isles) got bounced vs the Canes. Good luck with the Sabres next year. That team is building something special. I have no doubt there will be playoff hockey in Buffalo next year.

Ah, not sure why I had you pegged as a Devils fan, I'm an Isles fan too.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.