Florio raises an excellent question:

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Telling me we couldn't have traded a first for an AJ Brown last year instead of drafting Kaiir Elam?

Lots of different things could have been done to bolster the offense with some imagination

Might have been possible, might not have. Teams in general are loathe to trade stars within the conference if they can get a comparable offer out of conference, which the Titans did get. 

AJ has been a excellent depth player for the Bills & good against the run i'm glad they brought him back not sure if he will be here after OTA's especially if they draft Sanders or Campbell but he will be a good mentor & if they don't draft either of them he knows the D good get .

Beane is being Beane as far as the O line goes & we have the draft to go he may still bring in a top flight O linemen from the draft besides in comparison yes $258 Million or what ever it was that Josh got may be a lot better that some but that makes me feel even better that he is in a Bills uni .

Florio is just trying to stir the pot . Seeing as Hurts got them to the SB that may justify the contract if Josh goes you can bet his next contract could be even larger but for now i'd say he's not hurting !

Edited by T master

Why so many eye roll emojis?

Florio, again, is 100% correct!  This Beane/McDermott pipe dream of riding an '02 Buccaneers/'06 Bears defense to a Super Bowl is silly.  League rules don't allow for that anymore.

We're a pass first team, a team that goes the way of Allen?  Fine.  Load up talent on OFFENSE and let's go!  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

They talked more about this idea yesterday too:

To summarize - they say that the Bills are so concerned with being at least average at every position, they've missed out on being really great at a couple positions other than QB. Specifically at WR Florio thinks we have been stubborn and that everyone other than Buffalo knows we need more there. Simms makes the case that we should do what the Chiefs did, go all in on offensive infrastructure and just have a couple pieces on defense that can make some plays.

In that case, I'd rather see the investment in the O-Line, which is actually what KC did.  I don't understand these talking heads that always want to compare us to KC, but then completely miss on what makes KC's offense tick.  It certainly is not their WR corps, especially since they traded their best one away.  

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope he's been getting some good rehab on that elbow.  

Edited by Billz4ever

18 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Why so many eye roll emojis?

Florio, again, is 100% correct!  This Beane/McDermott pipe dream of riding an '02 Buccaneers/'06 Bears defense to a Super Bowl is silly.  League rules don't allow for that anymore.

We're a pass first team, a team that goes the way of Allen?  Fine.  Load up talent on OFFENSE and let's go!  

How is he 100% correct when it's not even a logical statement?  He's implying Josh signed with the Bills for less and he's somehow now making less money because he restructured.

Factually inaccurate on both fronts.  Josh's contract reflects what the market demanded at the time.  Josh isn't losing out on any money restructuring either.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

Pertinent part was their take on the Bill's Personnel policy, so let's pick apart Simm's tidbit on KC. SMH

I mean, the whole discussion is about the Bills strategy.

39 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Telling me we couldn't have traded a first for an AJ Brown last year instead of drafting Kaiir Elam?

Lots of different things could have been done to bolster the offense with some imagination

No they couldn’t have. Because AJ Brown went for the 18th pick and we had the 27th. What team takes the worse pick in a trade lmao

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No they couldn’t have. Because AJ Brown went for the 18th pick and we had the 27th. What team takes the worse pick in a trade lmao

Not if they're first to the post.

Roseman's much more creative a GM, I mean just LOOK at what he's engineered with draft picks.

• Vomit 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

How is he 100% correct when it's not even a logical statement?  He's implying Josh signed with the Bills for less and he's somehow now making less money because he restructured.

Factually inaccurate on both fronts.  Josh's contract reflects what the market demanded at the time.  Josh isn't losing out on any money restructuring either.

Right now, Josh is looking like a bargain.  Draft moves aside, they had money to spend, but they spent it on Von Miller and Diggs.

Both signings, I was good with, but it hasn't beared fruit, has it?  Fact of the matter is, the resources could have been better used.  In the past 2 seasons, KC has traded Hill, released Frank Clark and let Orlando Brown, who they traded for a year prior, walk.  

Connect the dots.  

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Right now, Josh is looking like a bargain.  Draft moves aside, they had money to spend, but they spent it on Von Miller and Diggs.

Both signings, I was good with, but it hasn't beared fruit, has it?  Fact of the matter is, the resources could have been better used.  In the past 2 seasons, KC has traded Hill, released Frank Clark and let Orlando Brown, who they traded for a year prior, walk.  

Connect the dots.  

You're Monday morning QBing.  If you were good with those moves at the time but souring on them now because they didn't win, that's not fair at all and is quite hypocritical to say the least.

I have said for months, I have to expect the JA BB side comvo went like this “I’ll go less than top $ but I want to have pieces around ME (offense)”

…talk has to have happened. No time yet to make the move (I hope! I hope it’s just timing )

Edited by Since1981

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He says:

"If I'm Josh Allen, and I'm on a team friendly deal, I'm saying to somebody: 'What the hell are you doing with all the money I left behind? Where's the beef? Why do I not have the help I need?' "

It's a REALLY good question. This team restructures Allen, and does what with it, exactly? Finds a cheap guard? Brings back AJ Klein?

This draft will tell us what the future's gonna look like. If they blow it (as they have in recent drafts) on defense, I think it's time for Allen to start making noise. And frankly, he has every right to.

Restructure mens they converted salary to bonus...how is that team friendly? Josh getting same cash this year, Bills just spread it out. 

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You're Monday morning QBing.  If you were good with those moves at the time but souring on them now because they didn't win, that's not fair at all and is quite hypocritical to say the least.

I'm a fan.  I don't get paid millions to make personnel decisions, I just react to them.

Would you rather have Von or a more formidable offensive line?  

You don't question the front office at all?

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm a fan.  I don't get paid millions to make personnel decisions, I just react to them.

Would you rather have Von or a more formidable offensive line?  

You don't question the front office at all?

I do question the FO at times, but I'm not going to be that guy who was ecstatic about our FA signings and then act like I wanted that money invested in the O-line instead after the fact.

That's simply not a legitimate argument that can be made.  We didn't know Von was going to go down to a season ending injury and have a ridiculous number of other injuries the team had to deal with all season long. 

This was the same team that looked unbeatable the first part of the season.  Nobody was questioning the line then and nobody expected the line to be as bad as it was down the stretch. 

Edited by Billz4ever

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Connect the dots.  

You have convoluted logic.

The other poster was addressing the "fairness" of the Allen Contract which at the time it certainly was.  If they spent money unwisely is irrelevant to what Allen received.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.