Star Wars movies and shows

Just Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Acolyte is cancelled after one season.  

'The Acolyte' Canceled: No Season 2 For Disney+'s 'Star Wars' Series (deadline.com)

The news is not entirely surprising. The Acolyte did OK with critics, with 78% on Rotten Tomatoes, but divided Star Wars fans, which was reflected in its overall viewership.

A) Wish they’d introduced Darth Plagieus earlier and not given quite soooo much time to establishing the backstory with Jedi who were just going to be offed.

2) The writing wasn’t great in a lot of parts and the acting among the leads Osha/Mae and Sol left a lot to be desired. The Force witch coven has been done much better e.g. the Night Sisters. Wish it hadn’t been so vague & been earlier / more substantial about the Force vergence that created the twins.

🥉) Should have given the series to Bryce Dallas Howard who has rocked directing of her Mando episodes, rather than someone who admitted to never having seen Star Wars before this project. 

::) We’ve gotten comparatively little about the inner workings of the Sith / Rule of Two. For a show called the Acolyte, it needed to be more focused on Sith than Jedi.

V) The Osha / Sol dynamic could have played out faster if they needed that, and could have been more overt about Sol wanting a padawan, as he said, and seeing the twins and being like WANT! which… he essentially did this by entering the witches’ fortress by scaling the wall rather than stopping the younger Jedi and bringing him back to Indara. Ambition, self-righteousness, coveting did him in. Didn’t need inner turmoil of the Jedi politics (internal & external) and moral relativism / ‘everybody’s dirty & out for themselves’ trope that they hit us over the head with in the TLJ’s Canto Bight scenes that they spent 30 minutes on instead of Luke training Rey e.g. the third lesson is in the deleted scenes on the BluRay.

Edited by UConn James

I am a huge Star Wars fan.

I hated EP: 7,8,9. They had some good moments but they were trash imho. In my head (and that's all that matters to me) is that 7,8,and 9 are a "what if" story and not what really happened.

The Solo film was ok. I didnt dislike anything, it just wasnt something I needed to see made.

Obi Wan was ok too, but it was kinda boring and it wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped.

I did like the young actress who played Leia. I thought the scene of the bad guys trying to chase her in the woods was lame (but that is NOT her fault). 

Andor was very boring, it got better, but man I was board. 

Rogue One was amazing. I will say though the reason I love it so much is because of Red Leader, Gold Leader, Tarkin, etc. (All of the original characters)

I love Mando, Boba, and Ashoka.

I will NEVER re watch acolyte 

• Agree 1

On 8/22/2024 at 10:24 PM, letsgoteam said:

I am a huge Star Wars fan.

I hated EP: 7,8,9. They had some good moments but they were trash imho. In my head (and that's all that matters to me) is that 7,8,and 9 are a "what if" story and not what really happened.

The Solo film was ok. I didnt dislike anything, it just wasnt something I needed to see made.

Obi Wan was ok too, but it was kinda boring and it wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped.

I did like the young actress who played Leia. I thought the scene of the bad guys trying to chase her in the woods was lame (but that is NOT her fault). 

Andor was very boring, it got better, but man I was board. 

Rogue One was amazing. I will say though the reason I love it so much is because of Red Leader, Gold Leader, Tarkin, etc. (All of the original characters)

I love Mando, Boba, and Ashoka.

I will NEVER re watch acolyte 

Agree with everything except Boba, man that was bad. His time with the Sand People was cool, but everything else was a dumpster fire, especially the teen age Vespa gang. God awful.

6 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Agree with everything except Boba, man that was bad. His time with the Sand People was cool, but everything else was a dumpster fire, especially the teen age Vespa gang. God awful.

And him trying to get anywhere fast on a Bantha. 😂