TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dillard has played guard too in his career. If they get a chance to take a tackle who can start for a decade they should not let Andre Dillard stop them IMO.

I don't hate the Bijan pick BTW. I get the logic there. But offensive line is by far Tennessee's #1 need.

Honestly, the Titans seem like a bit of a mess to me right now.  I could see them going in a multitude of directions.  If they want to stick to their current offensive philosophy, the RB makes sense.  I could also see them trading up for a QB.  

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dillard has played guard too in his career. If they get a chance to take a tackle who can start for a decade they should not let Andre Dillard stop them IMO.

I don't hate the Bijan pick BTW. I get the logic there. But offensive line is by far Tennessee's #1 need.

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You do realize the Titans already signed Andre Dillard to starter level money at LT right?  They are not drafting a LT with the 11th pick to sit behind Dillard, and they didn't pay Dillard starter money to sit the bench with their cap situation.

If they were to take someone on the OL there it would be Peter Skoronski who would be slated to start at LG.  They could also go WR at 11 there too.  But with the extra draft pick I picked up with this trade, we can find IOL help in the 2nd round and a WR.    

Yeah I think the Titans take Johnson if he is there. I think they pass on OL if he isn’t JMO. I don’t think they will reach on a guard, so it’s probably Johnson or Jones or WR or trade down

45 minutes ago, wppete said:

With the 12th selection, the Houston Texans select Peter Skoronski, OT North Western.

Houston gets  long term protection for new QB Bryce Young. Have to protect your young QB. Houston plugs in Skoronski at RT to go with Tunsil at LT. 

The New York Jets and @NewEra are on the clock.

@Virgil

So they have Tunsil at LT and Tytus Howard at RT. Howard has actually developed into a very good player. Then Shaq Mason, 1st round pick last year Kenyon Brown at guard. If I am the Texans and I make this move, I just stick Skoronski at center and he’s the best center in the league for 12 years, pair him up with your rookie QB and you are good to go. Very high for a guy who won’t play LT, but Skoronski is an instant all pro in the interior imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Bengals need to think salary cap and with Tee Higgins having only 1 year left on his deal couldn't pass up a chance to have a cost controlled number 1 threat for the next 5 years.  With Higgins looking at 20 plus mil per year on a deal and the 14th pick last year being paid around 4 mil per year the value is too good. 

The Bengals select Quentin Johnston WR TCU. His size and speed will immediately replace Higgins and allow the Bengals to sign Chase to a long term deal keeping Joe Burrow very happy. 

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I think the Titans take Johnson if he is there. I think they pass on OL if he isn’t JMO. I don’t think they will reach on a guard, so it’s probably Johnson or Jones or WR or trade down

I think they will take Johnson, Jones or a receiver. It won't be Bijan but I do see where @Alphadawg7 is going with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The Bengals need to think salary cap and with Tee Higgins having only 1 year left on his deal couldn't pass up a chance to have a cost controlled number 1 threat for the next 5 years.  With Higgins looking at 20 plus mil per year on a deal and the 14th pick last year being paid around 4 mil per year the value is too good. 

The Bengals select Quentin Johnston WR TCU. His size and speed will immediately replace Higgins and allow the Bengals to sign Chase to a long term deal keeping Joe Burrow very happy. 

I'm not a fan of the trade, but I won't veto it.  I don't see the Bengals trading Higgins within the division

• Agree 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (Bkep32) are on the clock!!!
3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm not a fan of the trade, but I won't veto it.  I don't see the Bengals trading Higgins within the division

Yea I think I would have vetoed it personally but it's your show Virg. There is zero chance they trade him in division. I am not even sure they will trade him within the AFC. If the only bidders are AFC teams they are better playing it out and taking the 3rd round comp pick.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think I would have vetoed it personally but it's your show Virg. There is zero chance they trade him in division. I am not even sure they will trade him within the AFC. If the only bidders are AFC teams they are better playing it out and taking the 3rd round comp pick.

At the end of the day, it's all for fun.  I'm trying to walk that line of taking it too seriously.

For our 3rd mock with trades, I wouldn't have approved it.  The only trades I will approve for that one is the two 1sts for Lamar or the Rodgers trade

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Teams have traded other teams in their division before (lions and Vikings have traded twice in the last 12 months) but honestly if you all don’t think it’s possible then just switch the pick from bengals to ravens. I was between Johnson and porter at pick 14 so either is fine.

Bengals have a plethora of receiving options and probably aren’t going to pay Higgins so they unload him to the ravens for a chance to get a cheap option with Tee Higgins upside. 

I also think Mac Jones needs a proven weapon outside of Andrews to start his Ravens career out right

You guys decide I’m having fun either way 

Edited by NeverOutNick
Example of in division trade

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The Bengals do not fear a team that has no qb. 

I don't think it's a fear thing.  It's just incredibly rare to see that kind of trade happen within the division.

I also don't think the Ravens would do it, as Higgins is going to want 20 mil per.  Ravens don't pay offensive weapons that much money

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Teams have traded other teams in their division before but honestly if you all don’t think it’s possible then just switch the pick from bengals to ravens. I was between Johnson and porter at pick 14 so either is fine.

Bengals have a plethora of receiving options and probably aren’t going to pay Higgins so they unload him to the ravens for a chance to get a cheap option with Tee Higgins upside. 

You guys decide I’m having fun either way 

Nope, you're good boss.  It's approved.  I'm just giving my personal opinion

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So they have Tunsil at LT and Tytus Howard at RT. Howard has actually developed into a very good player. Then Shaq Mason, 1st round pick last year Kenyon Brown at guard. If I am the Texans and I make this move, I just stick Skoronski at center and he’s the best center in the league for 12 years, pair him up with your rookie QB and you are good to go. Very high for a guy who won’t play LT, but Skoronski is an instant all pro in the interior imo. 

Yeah I agree. You can put Skoronski at any position on the oline and I think he does well.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree, OL is there top need and I was definitely going OL with the pick prior to the trade.  I still think Skoronski is the more likely pick.  Dillard was paid starting LT money and is better suited there than guard.  And Skoronski brings versatility who can play tackle and guard.  

With the scenario of picking up an extra second here, the plan is to address OL in the second with at least one of those 2nd rounders, possibly both if the right people are on the board.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will take Johnson, Jones or a receiver. It won't be Bijan but I do see where @Alphadawg7 is going with it. 

I agree, it won’t be Bijan if Henry is still on the roster.  And I also agree it will be OL or a receiver in that scenario.  

But if they did trade Henry ahead of the draft (or during), Bijan would be an option at 11, assuming he’s still even on the board of course.  

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree, OL is there top need and I was definitely going OL with the pick prior to the trade.  I still think Skoronski is the more likely pick.  Dillard was paid starting LT money and is better suited there than guard.  And Skoronski brings versatility who can play tackle and guard.  

With the scenario of picking up an extra second here, the plan is to address OL in the second with at least one of those 2nd rounders, possibly both if the right people are on the board.  

I can see taking Skoronski and then decide who plays where - Dillard LT and Skoronski LG or vice versa. Equally though Dillard's deal ia really a 2 year $8.5m AAV deal. That isn't a deal that precludes him from playing guard or RT. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I can see taking Skoronski and then decide who plays where - Dillard LT and Skoronski LG or vice versa. Equally though Dillard's deal ia really a 2 year $8.5m AAV deal. That isn't a deal that precludes him from playing guard or RT. 

Don’t disagree with any of that.  I just think Dillards strongest position is LT, and Skoronski can play inside and potentially take over at LT when Dillards deal is done too if they wish.  

I’m always a fan of versatility though when it comes to the OL.  I’m also very high on Skoronski.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.