The Walls be Closing

Kemp

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's a simple question. Can you answer it?

Would anyone have stormed the Capitol if Trump hadn't claimed hundreds of times that the election was stolen from them?

I’ll answer. No, they wouldn’t have. So? Next question? 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's a simple question. Can you answer it?

Would anyone have stormed the Capitol if Trump hadn't claimed hundreds of times that the election was stolen from them?

Did Trump ever say to break into the Capitol?  It's a simple question.  Can you answer it?

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did Trump ever say to break into the Capitol?  It's a simple question.  Can you answer it?

The guy above you in the thread is intellectually honest.

You, on the other hand, proved what you are, yet again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

And since we’re being intellectually honest I’m sure you’ll likewise admit that Mrs Clinton set all of this in motion when she claimed her election was stolen, then sat back and watched while Congress impeached a sitting President over a piece of false campaign propaganda that she had paid for. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

They were there to protest.  At no time did Trump tell them to break into the Capitol and in fact said to "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  It's why they'll never be able to "get him" over it and why the J6 commission was a joke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4004047-evangelical-leader-congregations-are-either-divided-or-tense-over-trump-controversies/

The foundation under the walls is cracking...Finally!

"Evangelicals make up one of Trump’s most supportive voter demographics, and played a key role in his 2016 and 2020 runs — but tensions between the former president and the religious leaders have come into view.

Todd asked Moore on Sunday whether there’s “any circumstance” he could imagine supporting Trump.

“Well, I can’t speak for all evangelicals. I can only speak for myself. And Jesus said, ‘Let your yes be yes and your no be no.’ I’ll let my never [be] never,” Moore said."

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

On 5/10/2023 at 3:12 PM, SoCal Deek said:

And since we’re being intellectually honest I’m sure you’ll likewise admit that Mrs Clinton set all of this in motion when she claimed her election was stolen, then sat back and watched while Congress impeached a sitting President over a piece of false campaign propaganda that she had paid for. 

False propoganda?

The Steele dossier, also known as the Trump–Russia dossier,[1] is a controversial political opposition research report written from June to December 2016, containing allegations of misconduct, conspiracy, and cooperation between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the government of Russia prior to and during the 2016 election campaign.[2] Several key allegations made in June 2016 were later corroborated by the January 2017 report by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence,[3][4] namely that Vladimir Putin favored Trump over Hillary Clinton;[3][5] that he personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's campaign and to "undermine public faith in the US democratic process"; that he ordered cyberattacks on both parties;[3] and that many Trump campaign officials and associates had numerous secretive contacts with Russian agents.[6][7] While Steele's documents played a significant role in initially highlighting the general friendliness between Trump and the Putin administration, the veracity of specific allegations is highly variable. Some have been publicly confirmed,[4][8][3][5] others are plausible but not specifically confirmed,[9][10] and some are dubious in retrospect but not strictly disproven.[11][12][13]

On 5/10/2023 at 6:38 PM, Doc said:

They were there to protest.  At no time did Trump tell them to break into the Capitol and in fact said to "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  It's why they'll never be able to "get him" over it and why the J6 commission was a joke.

They were there to "protest" solely because Trump lied about the election results in order to overthrow the election. You keep leaving that part out.

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

False propoganda?

The Steele dossier, also known as the Trump–Russia dossier,[1] is a controversial political opposition research report written from June to December 2016, containing allegations of misconduct, conspiracy, and cooperation between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the government of Russia prior to and during the 2016 election campaign.[2] Several key allegations made in June 2016 were later corroborated by the January 2017 report by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence,[3][4] namely that Vladimir Putin favored Trump over Hillary Clinton;[3][5] that he personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's campaign and to "undermine public faith in the US democratic process"; that he ordered cyberattacks on both parties;[3] and that many Trump campaign officials and associates had numerous secretive contacts with Russian agents.[6][7] While Steele's documents played a significant role in initially highlighting the general friendliness between Trump and the Putin administration, the veracity of specific allegations is highly variable. Some have been publicly confirmed,[4][8][3][5] others are plausible but not specifically confirmed,[9][10] and some are dubious in retrospect but not strictly disproven.[11][12][13]

So Deek gives an honest answer but you won't respond in kind? You are wasting an opportunity to mend a fence and admit that you may have a teensy moat in your own eye because of what? Hubris?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

They were there to "protest" solely because Trump lied about the election results in order to overthrow the election. You keep leaving that part out.

People can protest whatever they want.  Again he never told them, and in fact told them not, to be violent.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4004047-evangelical-leader-congregations-are-either-divided-or-tense-over-trump-controversies/

The foundation under the walls is cracking...Finally!

"Evangelicals make up one of Trump’s most supportive voter demographics, and played a key role in his 2016 and 2020 runs — but tensions between the former president and the religious leaders have come into view.

Todd asked Moore on Sunday whether there’s “any circumstance” he could imagine supporting Trump.

“Well, I can’t speak for all evangelicals. I can only speak for myself. And Jesus said, ‘Let your yes be yes and your no be no.’ I’ll let my never [be] never,” Moore said."

"Christianity Today" talking to Chuck Todd.

Russel Moore.

https://time.com/5932014/donald-trump-christian-supporters/

Edited by Chris farley

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

So Deek gives an honest answer but you won't respond in kind? You are wasting an opportunity to mend a fence and admit that you may have a teensy moat in your own eye because of what? Hubris?

Two points.

1. I disagree with him, so why would I say something I find to be false. I would be lying to him and myself.

2. From my way of thinking, what we are going through as a country contains an awful lot of false equivocation.

One side of the argument is in no way made up of perfect people. They are flawed, like all humans. The other side is trying to overthrow American democracy. This is not about differing opinions trying to attain the same goals for America. This is about wanting to keep America a Republic based on democracy pitted against a group that wants to end democracy in America. There is no possible compromise when dealing with this matter.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Two points.

1. I disagree with him, so why would I say something I find to be false. I would be lying to him and myself.

2. From my way of thinking, what we are going through as a country contains an awful lot of false equivocation.

One side of the argument is in no way made up of perfect people. They are flawed, like all humans. The other side is trying to overthrow American democracy. This is not about differing opinions trying to attain the same goals for America. This is about wanting to keep America a Republic based on democracy pitted against a group that wants to end democracy in America. There is no possible compromise when dealing with this matter.

Right.  And what were Russian collusion and all the impeachments about again? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

People can protest whatever they want.  Again he never told them, and in fact told them not, to be violent.

I understand that no matter hown many times a question is put to you, all you can do is answer a different question that hasn't been asked.

I know it's a waste of time, but part of me does enjoy continuing to expose your fear and lack of honesty.

The people who were protesting on 1/6 were protesting because they thought that the election was stolen from Trump. 

Trump is the person who has told them this hundreds of times and he continues to do so to this day, despite every bit of proof pointing to the fact that he is wrong and that he knows he's wrong. There's even multiple examples of illegal acts he took to try and steal the Presidency. Crying thief while trying to steal.

If Trump wasn't repeating the lie over and over, there would have been no 1/6. The fact that you can't admit that is an indictment of either your thought process or an indication that that you don't care what the truth is.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I understand that no matter hown many times a question is put to you, all you can do is answer a different question that hasn't been asked.

I know it's a waste of time, but part of me does enjoy continuing to expose your fear and lack of honesty.

The people who were protesting on 1/6 were protesting because they thought that the election was stolen from Trump. 

Trump is the person who has told them this hundreds of times and he continues to do so to this day, despite every bit of proof pointing to the fact that he is wrong and that he knows he's wrong. There's even multiple examples of illegal acts he took to try and steal the Presidency. Crying thief while trying to steal.

If Trump wasn't repeating the lie over and over, there would have been no 1/6. The fact that you can't admit that is an indictment of either your thought process or an indication that that you don't care what the truth is.  

I keep answering your question but you don't want to accept it.  For the last time:

Having people assemble, even under allegedly false pretenses, is not a crime.  And at no time did he advocate violence and in fact said to be peaceful and patriotic.  But even if he had, according to Adam Kinzinger in reference to Ray Epps, even telling people to break into the Capitol isn't a crime.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Thanks

I try and ask good questions. What this entire ‘caper’ and the recent reaction to it has absolutely proven to me is that some people got so entrenched in their never Trump talking points that they simply refuse to believe they’ve been utterly lied to. It’s a shame, and I’m not saying that I blame them given the drumbeat from the media. But…my same extension of courtesy does NOT carry over to those who we now absolutely know for a fact were briefed on this entire thing PRIOR to it all ‘going down’. That includes Obama, Biden, Comey, Clinton, Brennan, Clapper, etc and I’m guessing Schiff. Unbelievably treasonous hoax knowingly perpetrated on the American people. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

And the entire Russian collusion hoax was four years of the dems claiming the election was stolen by the Russians.  You took part in the overthrow of trumps presidency by attempting to have him arrested inside the white house. don't act like you're some innocent party here doing the lord's work of saving democracy. You took part in destroying it.  I've asked others this question here....what did you think the consequences of four years of fake investigations and claiming trump was a russian asset would be?  did you think people would just forget about it?  give me a ***** break. 

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Two points.

I think you need a good long look in the mirror. 

His simple point of fact isn't really even arguable, imho.  But you have invested so deeply into the nonsensical "threat to democracy" talking point that you refuse to even admit a simple truth, because you are a crusader, who's heart is pure and way is the ONLY way.  There isn't a person I have met on this board who wants to get rid of the Republic.  If you meet a real one, tell him I said to #u@k off. Until then, try to consider other opinions.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1