Bud Adams can take his 5th round pick offer

Because that is probably more then he is worth. 

You need to get over it, the NFL recognizes Henry is a one dimensional, dumb as rock head case, with a bad agent and worse mother who won't shut up.

345171[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I agree with this assessment.

You need to get over it, the NFL recognizes Henry is a one dimensional, dumb as rock head case, with a bad agent and worse mother who won't shut up.

345171[/snapback]

So you would take a 5th rounder? First off, that was the offer on draft day.

If they want him, they are going to need to dig deeper into their draft pocket and pull out at least a third, and I think TD may still hold him for second rounder. RB's have value in this league, TH has a lot of value in this league, and TD deserves a little praise for not folding his hand and giving him away in desperation.

THERE WILL BE A CLUB DESPERATE FOR A BACK, THAT MAY BE THE TITANS TODAY, BUT WHEN SOMEONE GETS HURT, A TEAM WILL PONY UP AND MEET TD'S DEMANDS.

We will get a fair deal for travis, or we'll keep him and let him pout.

345171[/snapback]

I'd say we'd get a 5th round pick, EASILY, if he left in free agency... Plus we get insurance in case WM gets injured this year.

I wouldn't take the deal, and I'm not a huge Henry fan.

CW

345171[/snapback]

Trades are NOT what a player is worth, they are about percieved value and what a team is willing to give up to get it.

IMHO, Donahoe can get a 3rd rounder for Henry.

Trades are NOT what a player is worth, they are about percieved value and what a team is willing to give up to get it.

IMHO, Donahoe can get a 3rd rounder for Henry.

345186[/snapback]

I agree...Henry will be gone by August 1, and we WILL get that 3rd for him. Jeez...honestly...a 3rd round pick for TH is still a good deal for the team getting him.

345171[/snapback]

If that's the case, why would he want him? They be playin' games, my friend

I hate to say it, but I agree with this assessment.

345172[/snapback]

I disagree...When a Journeman RB like Lamar Gordan gets a 3rd rounder

from the Fish last year (even in desparate times), I think TH is definitely

worth at least that.

345171[/snapback]

Nah. Henry has value to a team that's desperate. Right now, that list doesn't include anyone...it's May for crying out loud.

It's still a game of chicken, just like it was leading up to the draft. The odds that another team will see a starting RB go down between now and September grow each day.

TD just has to wait for some GM under pressure to "win now" come to the realization that a 3rd round pick in 2006 is worth being competitive this year. It'll happen. It does every year, with all the pariety in the league.

Nah. Henry has value to a team that's desperate.  Right now, that list doesn't include anyone...it's May for crying out loud.   

It's still a game of chicken, just like it was leading up to the draft.  The odds that another team will see a starting RB go down between now and September grow each day. 

TD just has to wait for some GM under pressure to "win now" come to the realization that a 3rd round pick in 2006 is worth being competitive this year.  It'll happen.  It does every year, with all the pariety in the league.

345252[/snapback]

Otoh, as the season nears, teams have less cap room. This will do nothing to help TH's cause.

If TD steadfastly refuses to accept a 5th or something thereabout, TH will be released.

Jmo.

Is it possible that part of the reason TD is holding on to TH is that as long as he is here, TD has at least some bargaining leverage against Drew Rosenhaus? Think for a second. The minute TH leaves, what's to stop Rosenhaus from bellying up to the bar and saying "Pardon me, but I couldn't help but notice that you only have one starting-caliber running back on your roster. Wouldn't you therefore agree with me that he's a tad underpaid?"

I don't think anyone believes that TH could beat out Willis. But at the very least, right now Rosenhaus knows that TD's response to a demand for renegotiation would at least start along the lines of "You want to hold out? Fine. We've got a running back behind you who's rushed for over 1,300 yards in this league and is just dying to show everybody what he's worth."

To me, and I'm obviously not an NFL G.M., a 5th round pick has next to no value. As big a crapshoot as the draft is year after year by the time you get to the 5th round it's really a crapshoot. I don't have time to look up the numbers on it, but I suspect you have an equal chance of a 5th round draft pick succeeding as you do an undrafted free agent.

To me, and I'm obviously not an NFL G.M., a 5th round pick has next to no value.  As big a crapshoot as the draft is year after year by the time you get to the 5th round it's really a crapshoot.  I don't have time to look up the numbers on it, but I suspect you have an equal chance of a 5th round draft pick succeeding as you do an undrafted free agent.

345333[/snapback]

I agree to a point, but of course there are exceptions. Holocek was a 5th. T. Davis was a 6th. Was Bryce Paup a 6th as well?

I think that it is harder to fill certain positions in the late rounds, such as LT, DE, CB, and QB (except for NE :blink: ).

TH may be dumb as a rock and can't block, but he gives a team a proven 1,000 yard rusher. To a team without one, that is a big deal. I would let him rot on the bench before I took a 5th rounder for him. No sense in helping an opponent out of a jam unless the value is right.

I would hate to give TH away and then have a problem with WM this year. How much will it take for us to get a 1,000 yard back if something happens to WM?

I'd say we'd get a 5th round pick, EASILY, if he left in free agency...  Plus we get insurance in case WM gets injured this year.

I wouldn't take the deal, and I'm not a huge Henry fan.

CW

345183[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that we get a 5th rounder easily if TH left in free agency. If everything goes to plan, and WM is healthy and plays well, TH doesn't see the field.

FA compensation is based on the contribution of the FA players that left counterbalanced by the FA players that the team received. TH would be judged on his last 1-2 yrs in Buffalo. Based on that, Bills would be lucky to get a watercooler.

Otoh, as the season nears, teams have less cap room. This will do nothing to help TH's cause.

If TD steadfastly refuses to accept a 5th or something thereabout, TH will be released.

Jmo.

345294[/snapback]

I'm not sure I get your logic here...why would TD refuse a 5th rounder only to release Henry for nothing?

I'm not sure I get your logic here...why would TD refuse a 5th rounder only to release Henry for nothing?

345358[/snapback]

I am not saying that this is definitely the case.

What I DO say is that these GMs have to deal with each other in a very serious business relationship. They cannot afford to let another GM get over on them.

If a team would ONLY come up with a 5th, TD MIGHT say "screw you," release him, and let this team battle it out with other teams (assuming any are interested) on the open market.

Remember, the 1 mil. salary, which teams consider an asset, would no longer apply.