Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Exactly....I mean like some refuse to acknowledge the restructures that have already taken place. I don't get it 

Some refuse to acknowledge restructure.

Yes that’s what previous posts of Tre White and Diggs could free up $6M apiece means. 

An across the board refusal to acknowledge the fact that restructures can create cap space.

I’m a flat earther, you got me.

But also, Beane has said in the after the season presser that he doesn’t want to kick money down the road forever. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Some refuse to acknowledge restructure.

Yes that’s what previous posts of Tre White and Diggs could free up $6M apiece means. 

An across the board refusal to acknowledge the fact that restructures can create cap space.

I’m a flat earther, you got me.

But also, Beane has said in the after the season presser that he doesn’t want to kick money down the road forever. 

The ones that post statements like, "if this is all we are going to do it's a fail"....or "how can we afford to sign ____player"

Stuff like that makes it seem that way. I mean obviously they are restructuring freeing up money to sign players.

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The whole system is set up to crush guys who don’t have agents. The guys crushing him on TV have agents and he is really dumb for representing himself. 

This are multi million dollars contracts, you need a professional to do their work. The whole reason he fell to 32 is because he didn't have an agent working the combine and talking to GMS. He's missed out on countless endorsements and can't get a long term deal. Not having an agent is a bad decision, and QB's need to be good decision makers.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

This are multi million dollars contracts, you need a professional to do their work. The whole reason he fell to 32 is because he didn't have an agent working the combine and talking to GMS. He's missed out on countless endorsements and can't get a long term deal. Not having an agent is a bad decision, and QB's need to be good decision makers.

But do you really?  I sign and write Multi Billion Dollar contracts.  No Agent.

The agent helps grind and maximize if you are a middle tier player.

IMO NO ROOKIE should have an agent at this point (slotted contracts) and Top Tier players can easily do this without one and save a %

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The whole system is set up to crush guys who don’t have agents. The guys crushing him on TV have agents and he is really dumb for representing himself. 

He is really dumb for this reason...no matter how "good" negotiations go, it sets up "bad blood" between the player and franchise because the player says "I think I am worth this" and then has to hear all the reasons(some of which may be true that he doesn't want to hear) about why the team thinks he isn't and is only worth this amount. Those are things he may "hear second hand" from his agent but he wouldn't be present for the conversations and the depths and details that would be presented so he would mostly stay immune to that.  There is a high probability this deal isn't getting done for this reason mainly.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

The ones that post statements like, "if this is all we are going to do it's a fail"....or "how can we afford to sign ____player"

Stuff like that makes it seem that way. I mean obviously they are restructuring freeing up money to sign players.

Never said the first one you just typed out, the ____ fail.

I’m just saying, not good or bad, that based on cap space, I don’t think the Bills can do much. Beane has said as much.

Maybe if they dipped into Diggs, White or traded Oliver. 

If they could get a Slayton or Zachheaus, and maybe a Safety, that’d be a good haul to me. 

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Right and it doesn't become personal where you have to physically negotiate the contract vs going through your agent

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is really dumb for this reason...no matter how "good" negotiations go, it sets up "bad blood" between the player and franchise because the player says "I think I am worth this" and then has to hear all the reasons(some of which may be true that he doesn't want to hear) about why the team thinks he isn't and is only worth this amount. Those are things he may "hear second hand" from his agent but he wouldn't be present for the conversations and the depths and details that would be presented so he would mostly stay immune to that.  There is a high probability this deal isn't getting done for this reason mainly.

This is what is going on. Hockey and baseball players talk about the ego hit that they take in arbitration hearings all the time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.