Firearm Deaths Are The Leading Cause Of Death Of Children In United States

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

the point is selective outrage. noone is talking or outraged by the amount of innocent lives taken by automobiles.  there are many things that kill people but we just go on with life in a free society that is inherently more dangerous. you name it people have most likely died from it. should the gov prosecute people with pools because idiots fell asleep with small children near them? on and on and on we can go. nothing is necessary when it comes to saftey. you have feet or a bicycle. 5 kids died in a driving accident..dont you care!!! its not hard to do especially when illegal gun use is flat out ignored. if liberals want to live in a bubble wrapped gov controlled society id suggest going to a authoritarian one that will be more then happy to monitor your every move and make sure you dont do a single thing it deems unsafe.

No desire to live in bubble wrap.  Adrenaline rushes are great and so is freedom.   Occasionally, the good of the many greatly outweighs the good of the few like in a deadly, highly transmissible epidemic. I just wish people would follow the rules.  We've lost that and it sucks.  Cheaters should lose.  Honesty and hard work should win.  So I agree with the sentiment that laws should be enforced for everyone at the same level.

Edited by redtail hawk

20 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

feel bad about your historical ancestors and slavery? by all means hand over the keys to your house to a person you feel had his land taken.

c'mon.  I thought we were having a break thru meaningful discussion.  I'm not for reparations but I think some forms of affirmative action are fine.  Blacks have been disadvantaged socioeconomically by design for the duration of this country's existence.  Wasn't that long ago that Jim Crow laws were in place.

On a larger note, we live in the richest country in the world.  The standard of living for the middle is better than just about anywhere else.  Definitely in the top 10%.  So burning it down is stupid in my opinion.  Voting should be how changes are enacted, not violence by any group.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I'm certainly skeptical and there are scoundrels on both sides.  I want them all prosecuted when they break the law.  If they don't represent the people as their highest priority, I won't vote for them or vote for the alternative that will do it more

im not talking about scoundrels breaking the law. im talking about the inherent way gov will use saftey as a way to consolidate power and remove freedom from society with no problem killing its own citizens in the process. 

a easy example is covid. covid patients into elderly folks home. is anyone stupid enough to think that was a honest mistake. there were real talks about rounding up people who "were not safe". police were actually ordered to kick in doors and shut down buisnesses...SELECTIVELY. all while the donor class were walking around maskless. huge corps operated as smaller competition was crushed..even with similar accommodations. come on. this was manipulated the same way it always is rich get richer middle class pays the price...for safety 

9/11 patriot act..now used to spy on citizens on major scale...for saftey

thats just recent. thats just this country. many more examples through history.

but gun  confiscation/laws. no no we really have your saftey in mind this time. trust us. illegal gun use? yeah yeah we will get on top of that as soon as we take those evil legal ARs. mental health sure sure we will address that. just about to do it. so how many are you turning over today?

and the ones that dont trust a word they say are the conspiracy theorists!?  sure thing. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

im not talking about scoundrels breaking the law. im talking about the inherent way gov will use saftey as a way to consolidate power and remove freedom from society with no problem killing its own citizens in the process. 

a easy example is covid. covid patients into elderly folks home. is anyone stupid enough to think that was a honest mistake. there were real talks about rounding up people who "were not safe". police were actually ordered to kick in doors and shut down buisnesses...SELECTIVELY. all while the donor class were walking around maskless. huge corps operated as smaller competition was crushed..even with similar accommodations. come on. this was manipulated the same way it always is rich get richer middle class pays the price...for safety 

9/11 patriot act..now used to spy on citizens on major scale...for saftey

thats just recent. thats just this country. many more examples through history.

but gun  confiscation/laws. no no we really have your saftey in mind this time. trust us. illegal gun use? yeah yeah we will get on top of that as soon as we take those evil legal ARs. mental health sure sure we will address that. just about to do it. so how many are you turning over today?

and the ones that dont trust a word they say are the conspiracy theorists!?  sure thing. 

I was still practicing during the worst of covid.  No one that I saw including most local gov't officials (excepting trump and conservative governors) were trying to do anything but stop people from dying and suffering.  For health care workers there was serious risk and injury - the shortage of PPE was real and inexcusable and the burn out from the deluge of patients is still being felt.  try swabbing nostrrils or placing ETT (ventilator tubes) when the pos rate is 15%, you only have a simple surgical mask and there's no good treatment.  I get angry when people say it was no big deal.  Next pandemic, volunteer to work in the trenches and I'll listen.  Helplessly watching people die might change your opinion.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

c'mon.  I thought we were having a break thru meaningful discussion.  I'm not for reparations but I think some forms of affirmative action are fine.  Blacks have been disadvantaged socioeconomically by design for the duration of this country's existence.  Wasn't that long ago that Jim Crow laws were in place.

On a larger note, we live in the richest country in the world.  The standard of living for the middle is better than just about anywhere else.  Definitely in the top 10%.  So burning it down is stupid in my opinion.  Voting should be how changes are enacted, not violence by any group.

using it as a example. blacks have had a socially economic disadvantage. i have no issue with certain types of affirmitive action in regards to you had a bad hand in life then a little boost is fine..but not on race alone. tons of PEOPLE need help. when it comes to race. white people dont exist yet are put into a group. are italians white? were they not subjected to racism? irish are as white as they get (i should know) yet were slaves! did your immigrant grandparents have some kind of advantage...prob not even speaking the language and yet you are not poor? howed that happen. i grew up in a predominantly black community and i can attest i faced alot more racism and bloody noses then any of my black friends. so like i said. there is nothing preventing anyone with white guilt or any other bs identity politics from doing what they want with their wealth or material belongings. do what you want and dont scream at others they should be forced to do the same because for the most part its being judged ONLY on color of skin. that is the definition of racism friend and i will never be apart of that way of thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

using it as a example. blacks have had a socially economic disadvantage. i have no issue with certain types of affirmitive action in regards to you had a bad hand in life then a little boost is fine..but not on race alone. tons of PEOPLE need help. when it comes to race. white people dont exist yet are put into a group. are italians white? were they not subjected to racism? irish are as white as they get (i should know) yet were slaves! did your immigrant grandparents have some kind of advantage...prob not even speaking the language and yet you are not poor? howed that happen. i grew up in a predominantly black community and i can attest i faced alot more racism and bloody noses then any of my black friends. so like i said. there is nothing preventing anyone with white guilt or any other bs identity politics from doing what they want with their wealth or material belongings. do what you want and dont scream at others they should be forced to do the same because for the most part its being judged ONLY on color of skin. that is the definition of racism friend and i will never be apart of that way of thinking.

So vote for candidates that support your position.  Don't intimidate or encourage intimidation of those that disagree (not saying you do but it seems a common sentiment here).  Criticize candidates all you want but keep it honest.  There are actually facts.  Alternative facts= BS.  That's how I want it to work.  how bout you?  As far as other ethnic groups, sure, do an analysis on the impact of each current generation in each group and adjust affirmative action schemes accordingly.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

So vote for candidates that support your position.  Don't intimidate or encourage intimidation of those that disagree (not saying you do but it seems a common sentiment here).  Criticize candidates all you want but keep it honest.  There are actually facts.  Alternative facts= BS.  That's how I want it to work.  how bout you?  As far as other ethnic groups, sure, do an analysis on the impact of each current generation in each group and adjust affirmative action schemes accordingly.

i agree for the most part.

i think one of the reasons for polarization and how many choose political party is the information you talk about and the country no longer has a trusted unbiased media. there are people that regardless how many times are told lies continue to go back and get their info from sources that obviously have agendas that do not include informing the public of factual information. as long as a large portion regurgitates the same lies many people assume it cant be wrong just based on the sheer number confirming them. outlets are actually just copy pasting info from one source that stated it with a simple "person close to the story". anything NOT repeating aka investigating and finding different answers is written off as conspiracy misinformation just because it is giving actual facts but contradicting the majority narrative. there are tons of examples to show this but nothing more obvious then donald trumps presidency. i think that is why there are so many who have nothing but sheer unexplainable hatred for the man. 4+ years of nonstop villianization. yet none i have talked to can ever answer what policy he made that negatively effected them personally. can you name one? can anyone? i agree with his poor character flaws and sure there were moves he made i dont agree with but people act like the man is satan incarnate. most of the issues they see are common among ALL politicians. INCLUDING denying election results.

its why fox is so hated, even tho it is a singular network that gives a alternative view point.. it is biased the same as cnn msnbc and plenty of others. not unusual except it is one network not parroting all the others. agree or disagree i would still want to hear it. what is the opposition saying on topics? oh no its different then the rest? shut them down!! i need homogony in my info. 

but whos the threat? why is violence the lefts go to response for multiple college speakers but not right? why is cancel culture so predominate from the left. why after screaming well over 4 years and having the fbi describe republicans as the biggest threat to the country only one large scale political violent event took place. somehow far worse then the exact same riots on capitals on more then one occation. threats that are completely illegal but ignored and even condoned by the only people who can stop them from happening. that promotes and normalizes violence and then we get calls to end violence when it spills into regular un political targets. 

perception is the only difference. thats all. nazis everywhere. not alot of results. but they are coming! just you wait. oh not today maybe tom. no? i mean next month. at what point is that rhetoric misinformation? those who get the sanitized perspective will grab the binoculars to look right past the "peacful" riot to find the one that they are not condoning. they are confirmed when they are wrong because "mistakes were made". if my ALL institutions and outlets can be fooled with all these resources, how can you blame me for blindly following? "we" all were fooled so no big deal. on to the next false story or call for action. propaganda is working when it has people perfectly fine with being hipocrites. trump is indicted for a sex scandal but clinton is on dozens of flight logs with a pedophile. no charges coming and many are ok with it. trump is impeached for Ukraine. biden admitted direct threats to them on video in exchange for US dollars.  trump is a racist while biden jungle statements are no big deal. trump reduces non violent crime sentances kamala prosecuted them to the fullest to use as state workforce so.e would compare to slavery.

one is pure evil the other is not. why is this perception slanted in one direction. if that is not questioned then we will always see division and polarization. 

i certainly don't expect you to understand. you most likely think im talking conspiracy nonsense..if you got this far reading this rant. i dont think things can get better unless people wake up to perception and narrative manipulated. the gov institutions and long standing media org that could be trusted in the past are not the same today. they are zombified husks living off accomplishments and integrity  those before them worked hard building in public trust. squandering it for a audience that craves stories that gives the perception they agree with or are afraid of being cancelled for not following. that goes against everything journalism stood for.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

In Sutherland Springs, a church massacre brings tragedy without end

A 2017 church shooting left more than two dozen dead and others injured. Years later, survivors endure infertility, lifelong disability and PTSD.

Story by Silvia Foster-Frau and Holly Bailey | Photography by Lisa Krantz

“The kids were just laying there piled up with their faces blown off,” Holcombe testified. “I couldn’t even see [Crystal’s] beautiful face anymore. It was just a crater.”

The physical impact of the bullets and the number of lives lost were magnified by the shooter’s chosen weapon. Devin Patrick Kelley, wielding a Ruger AR-556 rifle, fired 450 military-grade bullets inside the church within minutes, all of which left the barrel at a velocity of around 3,200 feet a second.

The devastation was incomparable to damage from a handgun or shotgun. Doctors who treated the victims likened the wounds to something they might have seen on a battlefield.

“The high-velocity firearm injuries, when they come in, you’re missing body parts, and there’s bleeding,” said Lillian Liao, a trauma surgeon at University Hospital and UT Health in San Antonio. “You don’t see muscle. There’s just bone and skin and missing parts.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/sutherland-springs-shooting-survivors-ar-15-scars/?itid=hp-top-table-main_p001_f003

Ban them! 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/2/2023 at 9:35 AM, Tiberius said:

In Sutherland Springs, a church massacre brings tragedy without end

A 2017 church shooting left more than two dozen dead and others injured. Years later, survivors endure infertility, lifelong disability and PTSD.

Story by Silvia Foster-Frau and Holly Bailey | Photography by Lisa Krantz

“The kids were just laying there piled up with their faces blown off,” Holcombe testified. “I couldn’t even see [Crystal’s] beautiful face anymore. It was just a crater.”

The physical impact of the bullets and the number of lives lost were magnified by the shooter’s chosen weapon. Devin Patrick Kelley, wielding a Ruger AR-556 rifle, fired 450 military-grade bullets inside the church within minutes, all of which left the barrel at a velocity of around 3,200 feet a second.

The devastation was incomparable to damage from a handgun or shotgun. Doctors who treated the victims likened the wounds to something they might have seen on a battlefield.

“The high-velocity firearm injuries, when they come in, you’re missing body parts, and there’s bleeding,” said Lillian Liao, a trauma surgeon at University Hospital and UT Health in San Antonio. “You don’t see muscle. There’s just bone and skin and missing parts.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/sutherland-springs-shooting-survivors-ar-15-scars/?itid=hp-top-table-main_p001_f003

Ban them! 

This what you want.  Have the government be in control of every facet of your life.  Do as you are told.  What a loser.  What a mess.  

On 4/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, Buffarukus said:

Like the countless programs and charities we flood with tax dollars due to them being in low-income areas. or the full scholarships for people in poverty.  There are a lot of programs, lifelines and money being thrown at poverty. one actually has to be quick/strong enough to dodge the criminal element and stay in school to take advantage of them. Those programs are income based, not race based.  

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Like the countless programs and charities we flood with tax dollars due to them being in low-income areas. or the full scholarships for people in poverty.  There are a lot of programs, lifelines and money being thrown at poverty. one actually has to be quick/strong enough to dodge the criminal element and stay in school to take advantage of them. Those programs are income based, not race based.  

victim, victim,victim and...persecution.  WAH!

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

victim, victim,victim and...persecution.  WAH!

Comprehension.  

I myself benefited greatly from a few of those programs and is one of the reasons I don't have any college DEBT.

and they have only grown since.

And they have nothing to do with race.  it's about raising people out of poverty.  

But I totally understand that people with NO actual experience and a view from 100 miles through the vision of mass media, wouldn't understand.

Edited by Chris farley

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Comprehension.  is it intentional, or just lacking?

I myself benefited greatly from a few of those programs and is one of the reasons I don't have any college DEBT.

and they have only grown since.

What?  Your debt...to society?  Were those R policies that gave you leg a up?  Ride on, knight rider!

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

What?  Your debt...to society?  Were those R policies that gave you leg a up?  Ride on, knight rider!

so many strawmen. find a mirror.  

It's cool. if we throw more money at it, and make it race based that will solve the problem.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

so many strawmen.  comprehension.  have a good day.

yeah, psych was never my strong suit.  Too much black magic for me.  Too little science.

btw, what do you find funny about millions of people dying from Covid?

Globally, as of 6:21pm CET, 7 March 2023, there have been 761,402,282 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 6,887,000 deaths, reported to WHO.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

The party of "life" is at it again. Let them eat cake! 

NASHVILLE — The Republican-led Tennessee House voted Thursday to expel a Democratic lawmaker who halted proceedings last week to join protesters demanding gun control. Lawmakers are set to consider the expulsions of two additional lawmakers in a historic act of retaliation.

The chamber voted to expel Rep. Justin Jones (D) with 72 votes in favor and 25 votes against. During the more than two hours of debate, Republican members questioned Jones, who sported a white suit, as his fellow Democratic lawmakers asked for “grace” and urged the chamber not to use the “nuclear option.”

“My prayer to you is that even if you expel me that you still act to address the crisis of mass shootings, because if I’m expelled from here, I’ll be back out there with the people every week demanding that you act,” Jones said before the vote. “If you expel me, I’ll continue to show up. Because this issue is too important.”