Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

36 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agree with you, O, but I also think they can work on it.

I just can't help it.  I like their young receivers, love their RB, and their D is nasty.  I don't think this is a bad move for any of the three, (Rodgers, Jets, Pack) involved.

Sure they can work on it.  But I'm sure he'll want to see it's been fixed first.

• Agree 1

On 3/7/2023 at 8:21 PM, SirAndrew said:

I love how Josh Allen fits in as a Buffalo guy. Aaron Rodgers as a NYC/NJ guy might be the worst fit ever. Those fans and media will turn on him quickly if it doesn’t immediately click, and Rodgers won’t take it well. 

Dear God this makes me want to see it lol the tears on both sides of that feud would be top shelf delicioussssssssssss

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Not only that but how are they going to get the cap room for him? as https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets shows them having $1.8 million of space right now. 

That's why they want GB to eat some of his $59.5M cap hit for this season.  And then it will take restructuring his deal because even them eating $20M, which I don't see, will still leave around $40M in cap hit.

15 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as wonder how much the Jets are willing to cough up for Aaron?!

Packers want to get rid of him. Probably not as much as you think. Couple of 2nd round picks...guessing the bigger issue is his contract

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Packers want to get rid of him. Probably not as much as you think. Couple of 2nd round picks...guessing the bigger issue is his contract

Yea, I'm not overly concerned with Rodgers to the Jets.  I think they're a Super Bowl contender for a year or two with him, but I also think it forces us to really up our game with a threat like that in Division. 

My frustration would definitely come with the fact it seems Green Bay just wants him gone.. and in doing so, likely won't demand significant draft compensation. 

• Agree 2

The Jets and Packers now sit alone as they can’t even playoff the Raiders for a better deal since Mark Davis can’t afford him. 
I frankly would love Aaron dealing with the New York media after he has a rough game. He’s 40 he’s not the same player anymore he honestly hasn’t been the same since the 49ers playoff game in 2022. 
Will the Jets be better sure but as long as 17 is in Buffalo and not demanding a trade I don’t worry about much. 

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Jets are releasing WR Braxton Berrios at the start of the league year next week, per source. The two sides discussed a restructuring of his contract but were unable to reach agreement. His release will save $5 million against Jets’ cap." / Twitter

15 minutes ago, Process said:

It is what it is. Division will be tougher. Bills will still be heavy favorites to win it. 

AFC is an absolute gauntlet and will be for the next 10 years. 

Just win one. Just get us one. 

Philly might as well trade Jalen Hurts to the AFC.   At this point, who cares, it's comical.  Only 7 teams can get into the post-season. 

51 minutes ago, Process said:

It is what it is. Division will be tougher. Bills will still be heavy favorites to win it. 

AFC is an absolute gauntlet and will be for the next 10 years. 

Just win one. Just get us one. 

Bills will not be heavy favorites next year. There's no reason to pretend.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Heavy favorites? I highly doubt that. 

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Bills will not be heavy favorites next year. There's no reason to pretend.

You can get Bills +105 rn on division futures and next closest AFCE is Jets+250, I don't know what your definition of heavy favorite is but that's still significant

out of teams favored to win their division rn Bills are currently at 4th best (or worst odds depending on how you look at it behind Chiefs/Jags/Niners

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

You can get Bills +105 rn on division futures and next closest AFCE is Jets+250, I don't know what your definition of heavy favorite is but that's still significant

out of teams favored to win their division rn Bills are currently at 4th best (or worst odds depending on how you look at it behind Chiefs/Jags/Niners

Yea maybe not heavy favorites vs the field but they will have the shortest odds of any team in the division by a pretty wide margin.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Jets and Packers now sit alone as they can’t even playoff the Raiders for a better deal since Mark Davis can’t afford him. 
I frankly would love Aaron dealing with the New York media after he has a rough game. He’s 40 he’s not the same player anymore he honestly hasn’t been the same since the 49ers playoff game in 2022. 
Will the Jets be better sure but as long as 17 is in Buffalo and not demanding a trade I don’t worry about much. 

He appears to be following the Drew Brees trajectory and not the Tom Brady one.  I could see significant decline as early as next season.

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He appears to be following the Drew Brees trajectory and not the Tom Brady one.  I could see significant decline as early as next season.

Brady’s numbers were falling at the end of NE. Rodgers still looks the part. Last year his WRs weren’t good. He’ll have better weapons in NYJ.

uSTADIUM on Twitter: "Tom Pelissero: The #Jets have worked through the compensation and contract for Aaron Rodgers. It’s up to him to let them and the #Packers know what he wants to do. Mike Garafolo said the #Jets won’t rush Rodgers." / Twitter

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So the Jets part with their 1st this year (13th?) and a conditional pick for Rodgers. Yet it might be wiser of them to make the 1st in 2014 as one would think with Rodgers they should pick lower than 13 next season, then the Jets not the best run franchise. 

Edited by The Jokeman

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So the Jets part with their 1st this year (13th?) and a conditional pick for Rodgers. Yet it might be wiser of them to make the 1st in 2014 as one would think with Rodgers they should pick lower than 13 next season, then the Jets not the best run franchise. 

Woody and Chris Johnson = Beavis and Butthead.