Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

15 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I know many will hate this but even with a healthy Tua the division is tough. Miami has better offensive weapons than the Bills. And the Jets once they get a QB will have a better offense and defense than the Bills....at least on paper. 

It's not an absurd statement, but we have no idea what the Bills Offense will look like come Kickoff '23.

The Bills might go out and sign a legit RG and draft a RD1 RT.   Bills might bring in OBJ.  Might do something crazy like trade for Derrick Henry.   

On Defense, with Frazier gone and a potential ground-swell of change with Edmunds and Poyer gone, I have no idea what to expect.  Are we more aggressive?  Do we make any moves on the DL?   What does White look like in, what should be, his bounce back year?   What does Elam look like in Year 2? 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Sports radio is already messing with him as far as his personality , mental health and the retreat. It'll be interesting to say the least. 

I'd still have us winning division but they'd be scary with Arod

i certainly wouldn't be great for the bills, but i have to admit it would be entertaining.  i say that now...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I expect the Patriots to improve as well…. I know many here think the Bills will be the best team in the division bar none once September hits, but I expect a bit of a dog fight in the division if the Jets get Rodgers. 

Beane really needs to figure out how to get better with his FA acquisitions and needs a home run off-season with less assets to accomplish that if the Bills are to remain top in the division. Very little room for error unlike previous off-seasons.

I agree completely. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I expect the Patriots to improve as well…. I know many here think the Bills will be the best team in the division bar none once September hits, but I expect a bit of a dog fight in the division if the Jets get Rodgers. 

Beane really needs to figure out how to get better with his FA acquisitions and needs a home run off-season with less assets to accomplish that if the Bills are to remain top in the division. Very little room for error unlike previous off-seasons.

The Pats will be slightly better on offense but they are by far the worse teams. But damn, if the Jets don’t get league worse qb play, they will be a problem and Miami is loaded with talent.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Why will the Pats improve?  They regressed last year and they will still have a limited Mac Jones.

At the end of the day...

Bring it on.  KC manages to get through the AFCW year after year.  

Next year they've got the Payton-led Broncos and Herbert/Chargers, with a meh team in Vegas.

We'd have the Dolphins and Rodgers/Jets, with a meh team in New England.  

CIN and JAX sitting pretty in their respective divisions given the state of the Titans and the Lamar Jackson-less Ravens. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think Bill O’Brien is a good offensive coach and I expect them to add some offensive pieces with the cap space they have available. Mac Jones isn’t great…he’s not awful either. I think he’s a mid tier NFL starter who will benefit a lot more under O’Brien than Patricia. 

I expect the Pats* to be better coached, but they still need some talent. That offensive roster, especially at WR, is bare 

Maybe they need a new GM 

• Like (+1) 1

I have to say, it sounds more and more like Rodgers is, FOR SURE, done in Green Bay, and I honestly get the vibe he will be a Jet next year.

He is getting wined and dined out at the rich owner's Malibu mansion now...they probably have a harem of hot chicks out there, good food, good wine, good drugs, God knows what....and they are going all in on a sales pitch.

The coaching staff is there and they are going to convince him how and why they can do a lot of winning with Rodgers in NJ.  

He's going to make the AFC East a lot more complicated than it already is.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

he would have better RB and WRs than in Green Bay, and a better defense.  That would free up Jets to draft OL.  Although this is a 1-2 year solution, I believe it puts the Jets in SB conversation.  

Exactly, i would be drafting multiple OL this draft.

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I believe the Patriots have a good amount of cap space entering FA so I expect them to add some playmakers. 

Bill Belicheck has knocked it out of the park with his last few waves of offensive player signings.  Jonu Smith, Davante Parker, Ty Montgomery and Nelson Agholor. 

Why do you have confidence that this time they will spend it well?

Unless the Jets fix their OL, Rodgers will loathe a decision to go there (if he actually goes through with it). I've seen the rankings vary online having the Packers OL ranked from as high as 3rd to the lowest being 10th. The highest ranking I could find for the Jets OL? 20th. Yeah. If that's not corrected then Rodgers is going to take a beating. And we're talking about 40 year old A-Rod versus 30 year old A-Rod. Can you imagine him taking a shot from Milano like Mike White took? He's folding up like a lawn chair as well. I'm not scared of Aaron Rodgers going to NY/NJ/Whatever. I also still think he's too greedy at this stage to be willing to give up 10%+ of his salary in the form of NY state taxes. 

Edited by H2o
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter: "This is a key point on the Aaron Rodgers talks: I'd heard that Woody Johnson preferred not to pay the full $59.5 million owed to him, so will be interesting to see how much/if Packers are willing to eat of that to make a deal happen." / Twitter

I thought Woody was all in on getting Rodgers. I really hope this blows up in their faces. Obviously, it would be great for the Bills if Rodgers doesn't come to the AFCE. But Jets fans will go nuclear on Johnson if this fails. It will be great to read their forums if they don't get him. The news here in the NYC area is the Jets FO wanted Carr and he would have signed with the Jets, but Johnson wanted Rodgers instead. I will laugh my ass off if the Jets starting QB is Jimmy G, Brissett, Mayfield, White or Wilson. Big drop off after Rodgers and Carr.

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Unless the Jets fix their OL, Rodgers will loathe a decision to go there (if he actually goes through with it). I've seen the rankings vary online having the Packers OL ranked from as high as 3rd to the lowest being 10th. The highest ranking I could find for the Jets OL? 20th. Yeah. If that's not corrected then Rodgers is going to take a beating. And we're talking about 40 year old A-Rod versus 30 year old A-Rod. Can you imagine him taking a shot from Milano like Mike White took? He's fold up like a lawn chair as well. I'm not scared of Aaron Rodgers going to NY/NJ/Whatever. I also still think he's too greedy at this stage to be willing to give up 10%+ of his salary in the form of NY state taxes. 

Agree with you, O, but I also think they can work on it.

I just can't help it.  I like their young receivers, love their RB, and their D is nasty.  I don't think this is a bad move for any of the three, (Rodgers, Jets, Pack) involved.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter: "This is a key point on the Aaron Rodgers talks: I'd heard that Woody Johnson preferred not to pay the full $59.5 million owed to him, so will be interesting to see how much/if Packers are willing to eat of that to make a deal happen." / Twitter

I thought Woody was all in on getting Rodgers. I really hope this blows up in their faces. Obviously, it would be great for the Bills if Rodgers doesn't come to the AFCE. But Jets fans will go nuclear on Johnson if this fails. It will be great to read their forums if they don't get him. The news here in the NYC area is the Jets FO wanted Carr and he would have signed with the Jets, but Johnson wanted Rodgers instead. I will laugh my ass off if the Jets starting QB is Jimmy G, Brissett, Mayfield, White or Wilson. Big drop off after Rodgers and Carr.

You're crazy!  The Jets are still committed to Zach Wilson!

😉😁

• Haha (+1) 2