Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Oof, they really had no weapons though aside from rb.  Jets are really good outside of qb.  Rodgers just needs to be decent for the Jets to be legit.

Every year around this time we are talking about how the Jets are going to be this great team

Every year they’re picking in the top 10 or thereabouts in the draft

Yet, people can’t help themselves

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Every year around this time we are talking about how the Jets are going to be this great team

Every year they’re picking in the top 10 or thereabouts in the draft

Yet, people can’t help themselves

I know, I know, but they were good once upon a time.  It's bound to happen again at some point.   If you watched them last year they had some very good games.  With awful qb play.

4 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

That's bull and you know it. Year 1 of Allen, team is in cap hell with 33% of our cap gone to dead cap hits vs the spending to acquire the talent on our 2020 squad. Far different circumstances.

4 or 5 game max. I don't see them winning more than 11 or 12 games this year and that's only IF they do acquire Mr. Rodgers.

They have a 4th place schedule in 2023 and a 4 game improvement gets them 11 wins.  That would have been the top WC seed last year.  5 game improvement and that puts them in the division title race right up until the very end.  Lots of teams improve 4 or 5 games in a year. Bengals went from last to first two years ago.  Detroit this past season went from 3 wins to 9 wins.  And lots of teams suck for long periods of time like the Falcons, Browns, and Commanders of late.  Is Rodgers in his prime? No.  Is he massively better than White and Wilson? Yes. Is Jets roster better than the Packers? Yes.  

Bills with Allen in his prime would still be the favorite to win the division. Just as KC was thought to be challenged by Denver with the addition of Wilson, maybe the Jets fall apart too. 

Ugh can't wait for free agency to start

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Agreed qb play was abysmal

But more than that god just hates the Jets

LOL.  If God hates the Jets, what does he/she think about the Bills?  Jets have a Championship Trophy (it wasn't called the Lombardi Trophy until SuperBowl V). We have Wide Right.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They have a 4th place schedule in 2023 and a 4 game improvement gets them 11 wins.  That would have been the top WC seed last year.  5 game improvement and that puts them in the division title race right up until the very end.  Lots of teams improve 4 or 5 games in a year. Bengals went from last to first two years ago.  Detroit this past season went from 3 wins to 9 wins.  And lots of teams suck for long periods of time like the Falcons, Browns, and Commanders of late.  Is Rodgers in his prime? No.  Is he massively better than White and Wilson? Yes. Is Jets roster better than the Packers? Yes.  

Bills with Allen in his prime would still be the favorite to win the division. Just as KC was thought to be challenged by Denver with the addition of Wilson, maybe the Jets fall apart too. 

Ugh can't wait for free agency to start

LOL.  If God hates the Jets, what does he/she think about the Bills?  Jets have a Championship Trophy (it wasn't called the Lombardi Trophy until SuperBowl V). We have Wide Right.  

Gas was $.10 a gallon back then

The Jets are in purgatory

And God thinks enough of the bills to make sure they’re in the playoffs every year

21 hours ago, Airseven said:

Adding a hall of fame QB to a young, talented roster is not desperation. It’s perhaps a final piece.

Yes, they still have to get through the Chiefs. But everyone else would have to get through the Jets.

If Breece Hall comes back in good shape, the addition of Rodgers should tighten up things in the AFC.   He is way better than Favre ever was.  Plus he'll be immune to the NY media as he both is smarter/snarkier than any NY media hack and makes more $ than any local NY network itself.  

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And God thinks enough of the bills to make sure they’re in the playoffs every year

The history of the Bills says differently. Besides if the Bills can turn it around then so can the Jets. I hope they fail of course but if they get Rodgers, then it will be a challenge to win the AFCE.

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

if there really is a god and he's a Bills fan, we would have won a few Superbowls by now

12 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Zach Wilson was historically bad. Worse than any QB the Bills trotted out during the drought years. Fitz, Tyrod Taylor, and even Orton would’ve propelled that Jets roster to a WC berth. 

But not Losman, Edwards, Thad Lewis, Brian Brohm, Kelly Holcolm. Weve had some bad ones

23 hours ago, teef said:

he strikes me as someone the nyc media would love to ***** with.

Sports radio is already messing with him as far as his personality , mental health and the retreat. It'll be interesting to say the least. 

I'd still have us winning division but they'd be scary with Arod

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Sports radio is already messing with him as far as his personality , mental health and the retreat. It'll be interesting to say the least. 

I'd still have us winning division but they'd be scary with Arod

I know many will hate this but even with a healthy Tua the division is tough. Miami has better offensive weapons than the Bills. And the Jets once they get a QB will have a better offense and defense than the Bills....at least on paper. 

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is Rodgers trying to be everything Brett Farve was?  Offseason drama with Packers and then sign with the Jets.

Can't wait for the dick pic to a reporter next. 

Edited by Bangarang

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I know many will hate this but even with a healthy Tua the division is tough. Miami has better offensive weapons than the Bills. And the Jets once they get a QB will have a better offense and defense than the Bills....at least on paper. 

I get what you are saying, but lets be real, the Bills are the top dog in the division until taken down.

• Agree 2

Rodgers might be the most annoying person in sports. What is going on in GB where there hall of famer qbs go from awesome success stories to attention starved divas?

that said, Rodgers would be really scary in NJ. If I’m them, I do whatever it takes because that team is so irrelevant.