What about Left Tackle

San-O

I know this has been gone over again and again, however

the more time passes, the more I believe we are going into the

season with a big question mark at LT.

No team is going to trade away a left tackle after training camps

start. Just not going to happen. You can plug in a RB, like Henry,

but you are not going to let your left tackle go.

Maybe someone trades a 2006 pick for him.

In addition, if we do get a left tackle, will be a backup or

free agent that couldn't make it on another roster as depth.

What does that say about the Bills current O-line situation?

I know this has been gone over again and again, however

the more time passes, the more I believe we are going into the

season with a big question mark at LT.

No team is going to trade away a left tackle after training camps

start.  Just not going to happen.  You can plug in a RB, like Henry,

but you are not going to let your left tackle go.

Maybe someone trades a 2006 pick for him.

344523[/snapback]

The only ones that are going to be cut are L.J. Shelton (who was already cut and we apparently don't want), Kyle Turley, and Todd Steussie.

Turley is a GREAT tackle. But his weight is low and he's a nutcase. Steussie's on Steroids.

So unless we want to take a chance on one of them, it looks like we're going with Gandy, Teague, or Peters because I don't see anyone else getting cut.

The only ones that are going to be cut are L.J. Shelton (who was already cut and we apparently don't want), Kyle Turley, and Todd Steussie.

Turley is a GREAT tackle. But his weight is low and he's a nutcase. Steussie's on Steroids.

So unless we want to take a chance on one of them, it looks like we're going with Gandy, Teague, or Peters because I don't see anyone else getting cut.

344546[/snapback]

whats the most important position on the O-Line?

ill say LOT. protecting the QBs blind side.

and you want to put a practice quad, former TE, PETERS at that position over one of our other guy???

i would rather have Grandy, or anderson at LOT.

344546[/snapback]

Exactly.

Buffalo depth chart currently has Gandy starting:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235212

Barely started for Chicago last year. Was this due to injury?

you're right.  this has been discussed ad nauseum.  the bills' starting LT for 2005 is already on the roster.  his name is either gandy, teague, or peters.

344552[/snapback]

OK, and this is not a problem?

Gandy is the answer? We'll see. What if he can't cut it? You shift

Teague, who hasn't player LT in several years over from center, and

now you have a really screwed up line, not to mention a rookie Qb back

there taking snaps from a backup center?

whats the most important position on the O-Line?

ill say LOT. protecting the QBs blind side.

and you want to put a practice quad, former TE, PETERS at that position over one of our other guy???

i would rather have Grandy, or anderson at LOT.

344551[/snapback]

I don't remember saying that Peters is the guy i'd want. But he is a Tackle now. I was simply listing the tackles that are on our team.

Anderson? Are you high? Bennie Anderson will be filling our hole at LG. Not to mention, he's NEVER played Tackle in his career!

OK, and this is not a problem?

Gandy is the answer?  We'll see.  What if he can't cut it?  You shift

Teague, who hasn't player LT in several years over from center, and

now you have a really screwed up line, not to mention a rookie Qb back

there taking snaps from a backup center?

344568[/snapback]

whether or not i'm confident that the starting LT will produce is irrelevant. the bills' coaching staff think they can make it work with the guys they have. we'll have to wait and see. incessant hand-wringing over not being able to sign a "name" LT is a waste of energy, in my opinion.

you're right.  this has been discussed ad nauseum.  the bills' starting LT for 2005 is already on the roster.  his name is either gandy, teague, or peters.

344552[/snapback]

The thing which concerns me about the Bills LT situation is that the key to this position last year was not merely Jonas Jennings but also the play of Marcus Price was critival to this team putting up Ws.

The question on our OL is not simply who will start in the JJ role, but who will play the Marcus Price role if out future LT is sidelined by injury as much as JJ has been and MW has been to boot.

I like Gandy, but I like him in the Marcus Price role because I think it is questionable whether he can be even as inconsistently good as JJ.

I think we have 1.5 slots to fill and that even on a good day for the roster we have right now Gandy with Peters backing up strikes me as about 1.25 players worth of LT.

Why don't we just trade TH for Orlando Pace and be done with it? I mean Duuuuhhh. TD is such an idiot.

Seriously, I think we're in trouble at the LT position. We're going to hold our breath during camp and hope someone surprises us and becomes serviceable. Either that or every pass play that JP runs will be a roll- out to his right. I think it was the right move to let SF overpay for a gimpy JJ.

RTB

What about the LT the bucs might cut that we were all salivating for in the draft?

He might be an option.....

344779[/snapback]

Kenyatta Walker.

He's going to stay put. Todd Steussie was signed by them last year for some major bucks. But the guy couldn't beat out Walker and then revealed he's on Steroids. He'll be cut June 1st, not Walker.

Kenyatta Walker.

He's going to stay put. Todd Steussie was signed by them last year for some major bucks. But the guy couldn't beat out Walker and then revealed he's on Steroids. He'll be cut June 1st, not Walker.

344881[/snapback]

i wouldn't be shocked if both were........

and i highly doubt steussie is on steriods now, after all the media heat he's took........the problem is how much will his play suffer now that he's off the juice?