Interesting article on Ricky W.

todd

Dolphins not crazy for wanting Ricky back by Randy Mueller

I know not everyone has insider, but this article is interesting. Not because I care about Ricky or the Dolphins, but because Mueller reveals some of NO's thinking regarding Ricky. For example:

After Williams ran for 1,000 yards in 10 games before breaking his leg during our first season in New Orleans, head coach Jim Haslett and I had seen enough of Ricky on and off the field to know we could not put all our eggs into that basket. We weren't willing to stake our future on a player who would be "out there" more often than not. The off-field issues that have become public were there way back then.

Of course NO never mentioned this that season. Why would they. I guess what I'm trying to say is that GMs tell you NOTHING. We have no idea about what Donahoe is planning or doing, or why he is doing it. For example, just because he supported Gregggg Williams in public, doesn't mean he wanted to fire the guy after season two. Just because he supports Lindell in public doesn't mean he wants to improve that position.

It's a GMs job not to tell the fans everything, folks.

but but but the fans have the right to know since they buy bills shirts and stuff.

ROFL

344606[/snapback]

if ricky came back could you imagine the marketing boon?

officially licensed bongs, replace the smoking section with the "Ricky Williams section". even the bills could get in on it with a throwback 60s jersey #15 Hemp

Dolphins not crazy for wanting Ricky back I guess what I'm trying to say is that GMs tell you NOTHING. We have no idea about what Donahoe is planning or doing, or why he is doing it.

344335[/snapback]

Good link but, come on, this is no news flash. I guess to some people it is. It's all one big poker game and TD is NOT going to show his cards to us, just because we're fans. The first priority is to put the best team on the field, not to inform the fans.