1 Week From Today, June 1st Cap Cuts

While thinking a couple more Kickers,DL and OT's could be made available, I wonder if the Bills have anyone on the roster they might cut ? 

Then again, maybe June 1st isn't a big deal anymore and has gone the way of the dodo bird.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8497639

344163[/snapback]

Wow, i was thinking maybe TD was looking at Turley as a replacement LT if the Rams signed Shelton. BUt says in there down to 240 and wants to play D line. Guess that theory is dead

Wow, i was thinking maybe TD was looking at Turley as a replacement LT if the Rams signed Shelton. BUt says in there down to 240 and wants to play D line. Guess that theory is dead

344210[/snapback]

I don't think that's an issue. I mean if the guy wants to play some downs on the DL, let him. But he's going to be primarily a tackle. I'm sure Mularkey and McNally could get through to him and find a way to get the weight on.

I think the problem is that the guy is a nutcase.

I don't think that's an issue. I mean if the guy wants to play some downs on the DL, let him. But he's going to be primarily a tackle. I'm sure Mularkey and McNally could get through to him and find a way to get the weight on.

I think the problem is that the guy is a nutcase.

344225[/snapback]

Can you imagine him going agaisnt that LB we drafted that knocked out his kicker? Training camp would certainly be more interesting.

Seriosly, would you sign Turley to a vet minimum deal if he gets cut?

Funny how that Rheem article at BB.com comes out a week prior to June 1st. Plus the Bills seem to be shopping around for other options at Kicker. As T-80 recently said, the Bills may have already made up their mind on cutting Lindell.

Could Lindell be packing his bags next week ? His cap hit for 2005 is over 1.3 Mil. He would still count 487K towards the 2005 cap, if cut after June 1st ( According to Clumps' cap page on BZ ).

Can you imagine him going agaisnt that LB we drafted that knocked out his kicker? Training camp would certainly be more interesting.

Seriosly, would you sign Turley to a vet minimum deal if he gets cut?

344245[/snapback]

Yes, I would. I realize i'm probably in the minority when it comes to this though.

If we're not signing Shelton, then Turley would probably be the next best thing. Unless there's some massive surprise, the only OT's that will be available besides Shelton are Turley and Todd Steussie. Some people thought at one point that Kenyatta Walker would be cut. But after Steussie's steroid problem and Walker's performance last year, Steussie will be the one to go.

So if Mularkey and McNally can get the guy to put on some weight, he'd be a DEFINITE upgrade from Gandy. If his head is in the game, he's one of the leagues premier tackles. Is he a loose cannon at times? Yes. But I think our beastly head coach and O-Line guru can handle it.

Funny how that Rheem article at BB.com comes out a week prior to June 1st. Plus the Bills seem to be shopping around for other options at Kicker. As T-80 recently said, the Bills may have already made up their mind on cutting Lindell.

Could Lindell be packing his bags next week ?  His cap hit for 2005 is over 1.3 Mil. He would still count 487K towards the 2005 cap, if cut after June 1st ( According to Clumps' cap page on BZ ).

344253[/snapback]

TD is a good business man.. or like a chick with low self esteem.. he will not dump Lindell until he has already signed the new guy. 0:)

The thing that stuck out to me in the BB.com article was: "League scouts said he just lacked superior leg strength and couldn't get top-notch distance or hang time on kickoffs." I don't ever recall BB.com being so candid when talking about a signed player.

Could Lindell be packing his bags next week ?  His cap hit for 2005 is over 1.3 Mil. He would still count 487K towards the 2005 cap, if cut after June 1st ( According to Clumps' cap page on BZ ).

344253[/snapback]

there is no way they cut Lindell next week without his replacement proving he is a better on the field.