SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

They were converted nearly 85% of the time this year and that’s including traditional QB sneaks like where the QB wasn’t being pushed from behind. I’d be shocked if it were less than 90% on the push plays.

Yeah, because the teams that do it the most are the ones who are good at it.  Who cares?

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I liked the part where he took the read instead of trying to squeeze it into the triple covered guy after extending the play 6 seconds. 

The first one was a one read set play. It was basically a trick play with fake motion. The second one was similar, but at least his throw had to beat the rush.

If Dorsey schemed guys open like that Allen would hit the wide open guy at the goal line too.

28 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yes, the referees decided the game.  They hadn't called that all night long when there's plenty of examples of it happening.  They let them play.  If you don't call it all night, you definitely don't call it on 3 down with less than two minutes to go.  Referees must be consistent.

You're fine with refs deciding games.  I'm not.

No one talks about how wide open JuJu was though. Bradberry was toast. Can’t you say not calling it also decides the game?

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No one talks about how wide open JuJu was though. Bradberry was toast. Can’t you say not calling it also decides the game?

If they had been calling it consistently all night and then decided not to call it for some reason, sure.  But we had the opposite happen here.  If you're going to let them play, then let them play.  You can't all the sudden start calling something you've been letting slide all night and then make a game determining call on what was a very weak instance of a hold.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

None of that is relevant. Nobody is arguing that Allen isn't the best player the franchise has had. 

This all started because I said that Hurts helps his OL by getting the ball out much quicker than Allen does. And you wanted to show me PFF that says our OL sucks, and now we are talking about Allen being the best player. 

You are just yelling at clouds dude. 

Some people - can’t handle reality. Anything less than Allen is the single greatest player of all sports in the history of the universe gets em salty and emotional 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If they had been calling it consistently all night and then decided not to call it for some reason, sure.  But we had the opposite happen here.  If you're going to let them play, then let them play.  You can't all the sudden start calling something you've been letting slide all night and then make a game determining call on what was a very weak instance of a hold.

I never understand why Refs make the calls that they do. I wish we got to hear from the ref after the game.

• Like (+1) 1

The last holding call is ticky tack but the receiver is interfered with on his pass route as he reverses his direction. A lot of people are talking about the Bradbury's left arm as the holding one. To me its his right arm that does the hold just enough to impede the Smith S that he doesn't burst out of there to be able to get the pass.  Sure they miss that call all the time but they also call that often too.  Trey White got that a few times after he came back because he was literally not up to speed to keep up with the receivers and cheated to stay close. The reason we didnt see that call a lot in Frazier's defense is that he usually had them playing so far off the receivers that kind of call was not going to happen.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think the Eagles defense played the Chiefs all wrong. They played them like the 2021 Chiefs where you had to drop everyone back into deep zones because of the threat of Tyreek Hill. This year they don't have a player like that so defenses have learned you can cheat more towards the short and intermediate areas without getting burned too often. The Eagles instead called an extremely vanilla and easy to dissect defense. Always rush 4 and drop everyone into their zone. Reminded me of our plan against the Bengals. That's way too easy for an elite QB and play caller, especially with an offensive line as good as the Chiefs. Because of this vanilla defense the Chiefs kept winning on 1st and 2nd down which made it difficult for the Eagles pass rush to ever find a rhythm. Andy Reid schooled his former team.

I find it amusing that they hired Vic Fangio......who hadn't coached against the 2022 Chiefs...........to help them draw up a gameplan to stop them........and instead they got carved up.

I wonder how that's going over with the defensive coaching staff taking their lumps in the media today.

Rosemann is the top personnel man in the league right now and obviously his staff doesn't have a lot of clout.........I fully expect Sirianni to be all the way down the ladder and back coaching WR's in 5 years.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Literally everyone is good at it lol. Any time the play is stopped it’s a fluke or defying the laws of physics. 

I predict next year a QB will break free from the pile and score a relatively long TD on a "Bush push".

It was a hugely impactful play in that game yesterday.   

I think it will be legislated back out in the next few years.........someone will break a leg or something as teams try to push the envelope for more yardage and the risks will start outweighing the benefits(less punts). 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

For the "refs are in for KC" crowd....in tonights game and the Cincy game...KC had TD's taken back by review or penalty.  Why if you are fixing it for KC do you take away TD's?  That Goddeart 3rd and 16 catch...could have been overtrurned...we've all seen worse than that called a no catch...but it wasn't.  KC had Jalen Hurtz stopped on one of those sneaks...and the whistle doesn't blow forever...and they finally push him over the line....

The Refs suck.  They suck consistantly for everyone.  I can name a ton of calls that didn't go KC's way, bad missed calls.  Bad calls made.  I can do that for every team in the league...we can all agree the officiating is terrible.  But this fix crap is something else...

I said at the time that the non-PI call involving Smith-Schuster on third down -- and it was blatant PI -- in the first half had the potential to be a game-deciding play. It took a possession away from KC and was one of the main reasons they found themselves down 10 at halftime. So yeah, it sort of evens out. That said, the holding call was ridiculous given a) that they hadn't called holding all game, b) the situation, and c) the fact that it was ridiculously ticky tack. I mean, that happens on virtually ever play, and it's usually worse.

Edited by dave mcbride

3 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Yes, the referees decided the game.  They hadn't called that all night long when there's plenty of examples of it happening.  They let them play.  If you don't call it all night, you definitely don't call it on 3 down with less than two minutes to go.  Referees must be consistent.

You're fine with refs deciding games.  I'm not.

I’m fine with teams not letting it get to the point where the refs would need to decide the game. Eagles had a 10 point lead, they gifted the Chiefs 7 points off a fumble. 

"It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide," he said after Super Bowl LVII.

From the mouth of Bradberry, but y’all still arguing the call smh 

5 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m fine with teams not letting it get to the point where the refs would need to decide the game. Eagles had a 10 point lead, they gifted the Chiefs 7 points off a fumble. 

"It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide," he said after Super Bowl LVII.

From the mouth of Bradberry, but y’all still arguing the call smh 

And why shouldn't he have that expectation?  They let it slide all night long, but decide to throw the flag when it literally decided the game.

You either call a tight game from the opening kick, or you let them play.  Pick one.

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

And why shouldn't he have that expectation?  They let it slide all night long, but decide to throw the flag when it literally decided the game.

You either call a tight game from the opening kick, or you let them play.  Pick one.

So basically a blatant hold should’ve been overlooked due to the refs not wanting to decide the game? Tell that to the Saints when the refs let a blatant PI slide because they didn’t wanna decide the outcome 🙄

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

So basically a blatant hold should’ve been overlooked due to the refs not wanting to decide the game? Tell that to the Saints when the refs let a blatant PI slide because they didn’t wanna decide the outcome 🙄

"Blatant hold"?  LMAO, stop kidding yourself.  You've seen much worse not called.

And they weren't calling it all night. If they can overlook those, they should reamain consistent with how they're calling the game.  DBs had their hands all over receivers all night downfield on both sides and how many calls did you see?

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

"Blatant hold"?  LMAO, stop kidding yourself.  You've seen much worse not called.

And they weren't calling it all night. If they can overlook those, they should reamain consistent with how they're calling the game.  DBs had their hands all over receivers all night downfield on both sides and how many calls did you see?

Question…….was it a hold or not?

5 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Oh, this is going be one of those conversations where you ask questions that nobody is disputing.

Question...if they haven't called it all night and are letting them play, should they then throw a flag on a weak holding call that would decide the game?

7 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

That's not what the argument has been. It was a hold but ticky tack at best. The thing is that stuff was let go all night. 

I am going to say this here and it could go in any of these threads. The NFL has and will always have favorites. I'm not saying the games are fixed or rigged  but certain teams and players will always get the calls. Right now that team is KC and Mahomes. Last season it was the Rams as they needed a winner in LA so the city will support them. 

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's not what the argument has been. It was a hold but ticky tack at best. The thing is that stuff was let go all night. 

I am going to say this here and it could go in any of these threads. The NFL has and will always have favorites. I'm not saying the games are fixed or rigged  but certain teams and players will always get the calls. Right now that team is KC and Mahomes. Last season it was the Rams as they needed a winner in LA so the city will support them. 

So you agree that it was a hold? It got called……argument over 🤷🏽‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.