The Grammy's is it About The Music or About Personal Agenda's ?

T master

As a kid growing up i use to watch every single music awards show that came on TV . Being a musician as a young person music was all i wanted to do & spent a very big part of my youth playing music eventually going on the road for years in pursuit of a dream so watching others get there was a major motivation .

Years have passed & a while back i stopped watching awards shows in general I would still watch the occasional CMA awards but the ESPY's, Grammy's & others i just stopped because every time i heard about them on the news there would be some wing nut making a political opinion in their speech & those people have turned something i use to love into something i can't stand !

I decided last night to watch the grammy's there wasn't much else on so i thought WTH i'll check it out & HELLO right out of the gate i had to here about someones relationship which i'm sorry i want to here about THE MUSIC i don't give a rats A** about who your married to which tells about your sexual preferences .

But i thought oh well that's all part of it in todays world so i let it go . So i continued & saw a great collaboration with Smokey Robison, Stevie Wonder & Chris Stapleton AWESOME PERFORMANCE !! Which is the entire reason i watch for THE MUSIC .

But then one of the next couple acts that had won a award turned into the thing i can't stand !! The winner of the award was a transgender female which i didn't know or care to know because i thought the show was about music silly me !

I'm not sure exactly what pronounce i'm suppose to use so i'll just call this person a women but she was with another VERY gifted performer that is gay which hey what ever floats your boat and i really could care less as long as you just talk about THE MUSIC YOU MAKE !!

But when the "Women" mentioned she was the first transgender female to win a grammy & the other performer started yelling everybody stand up YAH YAH that was it I was done that had absolutely nothing to do with music it was all about pushing a belief & using that stage for it .

Because of that that was & will be the absolute last time i ever watch a awards show . I believe in live and let live but if your there because of a gift & the purpose of being rewarded for that gift then let it be about that & that only ! If you are looked at by your peers to be good enough to be lifted up for a MUSIC award except it as such and just go on .

If you want to push your sexual preference, a life style, or a political belief go to a magazine or a tabloid and blow your guts out about it 

I'm not sorry but i don't give a S**T about your sexual preference, I don't give a S**T about you political stance, & now I don't give a S**T if i ever watch another so called Musical, movie, or sports, award show as long as the good lord allows me to be on this earth .

The bad thing is if you have a show that has a different opinion on certain things like the show "The Last Man Standing" that would sling comedic arrows at certain political figures you get cancelled despite being one of the most popular & watched shows on TV but that's all good .

It just sucks that everything today has to be twisted to fit or be used as a platform for things or what ever agenda people need it for instead of it's intent ...

To answer my own heading i feel it's about personal agenda & not the intent a celebration of the music !! Flame away ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

Back in the 1960's Major orchestras were almost 95% all male. Women we not thought strong enough to do some instruments at that level. Then this one women wanted to try out for a position in Boston but she had a conflict of interest so they did blind auditions. They only listened to the performers play and didn't get to look at them. She was the winner, they loved her music, until they found she was a women and there was an uproar. 

Now most places have to use blind auditions and the music industry is much closer to 50-50 men/women 

Thanks. All this talk about the grammy's so I watched some highlights on lunch.

its barely even about music anymore. just performers trying to make speeches and performances about social/political issues. 

That sam smith / kim petras display was pure trash. but then again, the song itself is pure trash.  And its a shame, his first album was very good.

Mummy don't know daddy's getting hot
At the body shop, doing something unholy
He lucky, lucky, yeah (ooh)
He lucky, lucky, yeah (ye-yeah)
He lucky, lucky, yeah
He lucky, lucky, yeah

A lucky, lucky girl
She got married to a boy like you
She'd kick you out if she ever, ever knew
'Bout all the - you tell me that you do
Dirty, dirty boy
You know everyone is talking on the scene
I hear them whispering 'bout the places that you've been
And how you don't know how to keep your business clean

At the body shop, doing something unholy
He's sat back while she's dropping it, she be popping it
Yeah, she put it down slowly
Oh-ee-oh-ee-oh, he left his kids at
Ho-ee-oh-ee-ome, so he can get that
At the body shop, doing something unholy (woo)

Mmm, daddy, daddy, if you want it, drop the add'y (yuh)
Give me love, give me Fendi, my Balenciaga daddy
You gon' need to bag it up, 'cause I'm spending on Rodeo (woo)
You can watch me back it up, I'll be gone in the a.m
And he, he get me Prada, get me Miu Miu like Rihanna (ah)
He always call me 'cause I never cause no drama
And when you want it, baby, I know I got you covered
And when you need it, baby, just jump under the covers

At the body shop, doin' somethin' unholy
He's sat back while she's dropping it, she be popping it
Yeah, she put it down slowly
Oh-ee-oh-ee-oh, he left his kids at
Ho-ee-oh-ee-ome, so he can get that
At the body shop, doin' something unholy

think they were trolling with 

Give me love, give me Fendi, my Balenciaga daddy

Edited by Chris farley
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, T master said:

As a kid growing up i use to watch every single music awards show that came on TV . Being a musician as a young person music was all i wanted to do & spent a very big part of my youth playing music eventually going on the road for years in pursuit of a dream so watching others get there was a major motivation .

Yeah me too.  What instrument did you play? Do you still play? If not, why not?

I had the dream too but it didn't work out. But I still play as a hobby. Great hobby. For most of us though not a good profession.

I mostly don't watch those shows cuz I don't like the music they're pushing. As soon as I hear a drum machine I tune out which is most of it. Drum machines have no soul. And all the yammering and the political BS.

I did see that Edgar Winter won for his album dedicated to his brother, Brother Johnny. I think I'm gonna buy that on CD.  Yeah, I'm old school. Willie won one too which is cool.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Back in the 1960's Major orchestras were almost 95% all male. Women we not thought strong enough to do some instruments at that level. Then this one women wanted to try out for a position in Boston but she had a conflict of interest so they did blind auditions. They only listened to the performers play and didn't get to look at them. She was the winner, they loved her music, until they found she was a women and there was an uproar. 

Now most places have to use blind auditions and the music industry is much closer to 50-50 men/women 

Back in the 1960s, almost 100% of the women who gave birth were women.  Now, it’s hard to say what the numbers are, but things do change.  I think your characterization of 50/50 is shallow, btw, and comments based on a traditional patriarchal mindset. 

Did the woman you referenced win a Grammy?  

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Back in the 1960s, almost 100% of the women who gave birth were women.  Now, it’s hard to say what the numbers are, but things do change.  I think your characterization of 50/50 is shallow, btw, and comments based on a traditional patriarchal mindset. 

Did the woman you referenced win a Grammy?  

A lot of transgender people, it seems to me, are involved in researching, exploring and writing about evolutionary topics. I just finished this book https://www.amazon.com/Last-Days-Dinosaurs-Extinction-Beginning/dp/1250271045 which is a great book, and at the end the author links their transgender situation to evolutionary biology. Interesting. It doesn't always work though, this book,   https://www.amazon.com/Neanderthal-Man-Search-Lost-Genomes/dp/0465054951/ref=sr_1_3?crid=GYQ28HGNRPW2&keywords=neanderthal+book&qid=1675775149&s=books&sprefix=neander%2Cstripbooks%2C138&sr=1-3    the author just way too far in talking about their transgender status which hurt the book, imo. I did not finish that one. 

I don't even know what the Grammy's are for...🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Music???

Does evolutionary biology involve surgery, hormones?

Cause I thought for sure it was natural forces/stress that causes evolution. 

Edited by Chris farley

Let me see if I understand this. Women stood up and applauded while a man, dressed as a woman, received an award that until recently would’ve been reserved for an actual woman? How is this evolutionary? It sounds more like when they used to put makeup on white actors to portray Native Americans. No? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me see if I understand this. Women stood up and applauded while a man, dressed as a woman, received an award that until recently would’ve been reserved for an actual woman? How is this evolutionary? It sounds more like when they used to put makeup on white actors to portray Native Americans. No? 

That's exactly what it is, or my word for it, a delusion.  But addressing this question with people that express and demonstrate belief in gender self-identification will yield no answer.  Because observable reality and facts have no place in their belief system.  So either they suffer from mental impairment that obstructs their ability to understand reality or they honestly don't believe any of it and rather just do it to get along. 

My vote is they go along to get along.  Imagine the treatment a biological female artist would get if she were to protest the award going to a man in a dress.  Front page ostracizing by every media outlet in the country along with immediate ejection from the group and blackballing by the industry.  All to support a social delusion  and collective insanity nobody believes.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

beyond my scope of knowledge there 

Its basic Darwinism.  

at least the part about stress creating evolution.   usually after a mass extinction event. 

Betting old Dylan Mulvaney is making bank by black facing women.

was epic when he said the best performance was the devil dance. 

https://news.yahoo.com/tiktoker-dylan-mulvaney-makes-grammys-184100844.html

Edited by Chris farley

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A lot of transgender people, it seems to me, are involved in researching, exploring and writing about evolutionary topics. I just finished this book https://www.amazon.com/Last-Days-Dinosaurs-Extinction-Beginning/dp/1250271045 which is a great book, and at the end the author links their transgender situation to evolutionary biology. Interesting. It doesn't always work though, this book,   https://www.amazon.com/Neanderthal-Man-Search-Lost-Genomes/dp/0465054951/ref=sr_1_3?crid=GYQ28HGNRPW2&keywords=neanderthal+book&qid=1675775149&s=books&sprefix=neander%2Cstripbooks%2C138&sr=1-3    the author just way too far in talking about their transgender status which hurt the book, imo. I did not finish that one. 

It makes sense that people would approach topics of interest to them.  

I generally read spy novels and business books, and don’t see that changing any time soon.  Except, perhaps, less spy novels.  

@muppy told me she reads a ton of medieval romance novels with heroic figures and damsels in distress.  The heart wants what the heart wants.

As for the Grammys, I have no idea, either.  Those folks live, work and operate in a world that has precious little in common with the one I live in.  As @T master said, i don’t really care too much about what the artist thinks about things, beyond perhaps sharing what prompted them to write a song. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It makes sense that people would approach topics of interest to them.  

I generally read spy novels and business books, and don’t see that changing any time soon.  Except, perhaps, less spy novels.  

@muppy told me she reads a ton of medieval romance novels with heroic figures and damsels in distress.  The heart wants what the heart wants.

As for the Grammys, I have no idea, either.  Those folks live, work and operate in a world that has precious little in common with the one I live in.  As @T master said, i don’t really care too much about what the artist thinks about things, beyond perhaps sharing what prompted them to write a song. 

Ahem. Although I did not watch the Grammys I DID see my gurl Bonnie Raitts' acceptance speech for songwriter. I Love and am sooo Proud of her!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skd0XR3twCA

PS: There is a series of books I adore. Google Jean Auel.  GREAT series. And one of the main characters is fiercely female. I love her too. Im ALL about romance leo LOL If you need any tips hit me up.

tag me to PPP and you never know what yer gonna get 😁 or receive lmao

m

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

Ahem. Although I did not watch the Grammys I DID see my gurl Bonnie Raitts' acceptance speech for songwriter. I Love and am sooo Proud of her!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skd0XR3twCA

PS: There is a series of books I adore. Google Jean Auel.  GREAT series. And one of the main characters is fiercely female. I love her too. Im ALL about romance leo LOL If you need any tips hit me up.

tag me to PPP and you never know what yer gonna get 😁 or receive lmao

m

Bonnie is one of my all time favorites she has been a accomplished musician for as long as i can remember & she's always been pretty hot too !!

But with her it's all about the music and that's the way it needs to be i hate that i missed that part of the show but it's because of the agenda's those things like that are the stuff i love about it i just wish they would make a rule that the show is about the music & your personal opinions being political, sexual life styles & all else need to be left at the house !! 

And if not those that don't agree can stay there too & they can send them their trophy ...

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I'd say in a lot of ways he was all over the grammy's & has been for a number of years now . 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Once again it should be just about the music not male or female, hetro or gay , transgender or biological, political or not but they all seem to bring their own personal opinions into it .

I use to be a Springsteen fan but he was one that started his BS rambling of his opinions i wouldn't go across the street with a free ticket to see him now .

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Once again it should be just about the music not male or female, hetro or gay , transgender or biological, political or not but they all seem to bring their own personal opinions into it .

I use to be a Springsteen fan but he was one that started his BS rambling of his opinions i wouldn't go across the street with a free ticket to see him now .

Seriously, it's music. Some people decide which is best? Whatever. I don't care either way what some people decide is the best music 

Oh ya, love Bruce though! 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Seriously, it's music. Some people decide which is best? Whatever. I don't care either way what some people decide is the best music 

Oh ya, love Bruce though! 

Once again your totally missing the point !! And it's not surprising that you like Bruce .

• Haha (+1) 1