Student in yearbook identified only as 'Black Girl

Through taxes, yes, people fund public education.  My taxes have been paid to the government, who will disperse the funds.

So if you're as smart and deserving as you say you are, the money's waiting for you. Fill our the federal forms and it's yours.

Personally, I hope it goes to kids in the inner city.

344662[/snapback]

Did you grow up in the inner city?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for private schools, no.  I know there's a ton of problems with public education, many of which have been brought up here.  I'm not even going to pretend that I know how to fix it.

But if we can rescue kids who are excelling in failing schools, why shouldn't we?  Let them move to better disctricts.  Sure it costs money in the short term, but in the long run it will benefit the student and the community they live in.

344675[/snapback]

Why not? Private schools are certainly going to be better off than poor school districts.

Why not? Private schools are certainly going to be better off than poor school districts.

344680[/snapback]

Why? Is money (which is promptly scooped up by teachers) the ONLY thing that makes a school good?

I nominate my friend JSP for UFT President! :D<_<:blink:

You are reciting their platform.

Again, you are strictly focusing on federal funds, not local funds via property taxes. Each taxpayer in the district pays for the schools in said district. You want people of other districts to pay for your education. I am using the same concept on a smaller scale. I am having you pay for my education. You refuse and again, try to have others pay for the education. Dude, your words are not backed up by your actions.

344669[/snapback]

We're talking about a Harvard education and a high school education.

Harvard can be funded federally, and that's what you're pestering me for. Since I pay federal taxes, you're welcome to them, but you have to go through the proper channels.

Now if you want me to pay for your high school education, which does accept federal funds, but is mostly locally funded by district tax payers, that's a differerent situation.

Write me a 1,000 word essay on why you deserve funding. Send me your latest tax forms, junior high transcripts, and social security number. Send me letters from 3 references. I'll also need a credit report.

I have a review board that will judge your request. And keep in mind, while I might not be able to fully fund your high school education, I do have some interesting work study opportunites. Have you any experience being a butler?

Those are the terms.

We're talking about a Harvard education and a high school education.

Harvard can be funded federally, and that's what you're pestering me for.  Since I pay federal taxes, you're welcome to them, but you have to go through the proper channels.

Now if you want me to pay for your high school education, which does accept federal funds, but is mostly locally funded by district tax payers, that's a differerent situation.

Write me a 1,000 word essay on why you deserve funding.  Send me your lastest tax forms, junior high transcripts, and social security number.  Send me letters from 3 references.  I'll also need a credit report.

I have a review board that will judge your request.  And keep in mind, while I might not be able to fully fund your high school education, I do have some interesting work study opportunites.  Have you any experience being a butler?

Those are the terms.

344683[/snapback]

Funny, getting a high school education was so much easier when all you wanted was for other people to pay for it ('burbs should pay to have inner city kids educated in their schools). Now, when it comes out of your pocket, you want to apply conditions to it.

I am providing an example based on the criteria provided by jad1. Obviously, there are other considerations that were not mentioned. I am trying to stick to the point raised.

344674[/snapback]

When did we outlaw tangents here? <_<

Funny, getting a high school education was so much easier when all you wanted was for other people to pay for it ('burbs should pay to have inner city kids educated in their schools). Now, when it comes out of your pocket, you want to apply conditions to it.

344687[/snapback]

Actually, I would expect for somebody moving from one district to another to go through some sort of process. Some of my examples were met to meet the ridiculousness of your request, but like kids applying for magnet programs, I expect that kids switching districts would have to prove they are a good student in need.

And by the way, since I pay property taxes, and income taxes, and kids DO SWITCH districts where I live, I ALREADY DO PAY FOR THIS.

So jump off the high horse. I'm a patron of what I preach.

The post you linked to did not say that any one race was better than the others, just that they should not intermarry. For you to confuse opposition to interracial marriage with Nazi racial theory is shockingly stupid even by the standards of your recent posts. Many or most of the American soldiers who fought and died in WWII also opposed intermarriage. Do you hate those soldiers as much as you hate Kurt?

344562[/snapback]

Actually, later in that thread, I point out where the idea that races should not intermarry for reasons of racial purity stems directly from the beliefs and speeches of Nazi Party philosopher Alfred Rosenberg.

So yes, your opinion on racial purity is, in fact, straight from Nazi racial theory. Demonstrably so. It's one of the few times that one can say on the internet without hyperbole that you, sir, are a Nazi.

Actually, later in that thread, I point out where the idea that races should not intermarry for reasons of racial purity stems directly from the beliefs and speeches of Nazi Party philosopher Alfred Rosenberg. 

So yes, your opinion on racial purity is, in fact, straight from Nazi racial theory.  Demonstrably so.  It's one of the few times that one can say on the internet without hyperbole that you, sir, are a Nazi.

344702[/snapback]

And you, sir, are a monkey! <_<

So yes, your opinion on racial purity is, in fact, straight from Nazi racial theory.  Demonstrably so.  It's one of the few times that one can say on the internet without hyperbole that you, sir, are a Nazi.

344702[/snapback]

Bravo!

You go, Brother Man!

Bravo!

You go, Brother Man!

344718[/snapback]

You're actually agreeing with something CTM said? Are you taking any medications? Are you sleeping well at night? Are you under a lot of stress? Are you feeling okay? Any problems with your love life?

Of course, I can evolve into a person.  You'll always be a Nazi.

344717[/snapback]

So we'll have to agree on whether or not you're presently human, but disagree on whether or not I'm a Nazi. Carry on.

You're actually agreeing with something CTM said? Are you taking any medications? Are you sleeping well at night? Are you under a lot of stress? Are you feeling okay? Any problems with your love life?

344728[/snapback]

No, but thanks for asking.

I merely like love my hispanic wife and children, like Jews, and am not a Nazi.

In any event, have a great day, and I hope that you get well.

No, but thanks for asking.

I merely like love my hispanic wife and children, like Jews, and am not a Nazi.

In any event, have a great day, and I hope that you get well.

344736[/snapback]

If you're actually agreeing with him in the absence of any medical conditions, that's even worse. Well, everyone makes a boneheaded mistake once in a while, so I won't judge you too harshly.

Know thy enemy.   <_<

All of the kids in the smart clases took French.  All 6 of us.

344615[/snapback]

I took 5 years of French. It really paid off when I finally made it to Paris and ordered lunch and a glass of wine from a waiter that spoke fluent English and smelled bad. I should have taken Spanish. Actually, I'm so lousy at languages I should have taken nothing.