Biden State of the Union Address on February 7th

B-Man

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

JFC - the hypocrisy in this POS is rich.

“Democrats want to rule us with more government control”

This coming from the party of restricting women’s rights - LGTBQ rights - voting rights - and erasing history.

American Dems…..same energy 

The New Left has always been dumb.  

But it’s really starting to get boring.  My IQ drops every time a lib posts.   

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

We can talk about it, but do you think turning private business over to the government is going to make it more efficient?

Medicare can be fixed, and it can be efficient.  It’s an actuarial problem compounded by a bureaucratic problem compounded by lack of oversight problem compounded by a lack of incentive to do it right. 

Government doesn’t want it fixed, which seems obvious because it’s been a boondoggle since the mid 1960s. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Medicare can be fixed, and it can be efficient.  It’s an actuarial problem compounded by a bureaucratic problem compounded by lack of oversight problem compounded by a lack of incentive to do it right. 

Government doesn’t want it fixed, which seems obvious because it’s been a boondoggle since the mid 1960s. 

I have worked in an incredibly regulated field for 25 years.  I have yet to see the federal government make anything more efficient, but I trust you Len, and hope that you are right about it being able to be fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I have worked in an incredibly regulated field for 25 years.  I have yet to see the federal government make anything more efficient, but I trust you Len, and hope that you are right about it being able to be fixed.

I worked on a weekly basis with State agencies for nearly 40 years. I routinely got frustrated that they always had their foot on the brake pedal while everyone around them had theirs’ on the gas. Until one day, an ex-State employee, then working for me, explained to me that they aren’t trying to move anything along. There’s no incentive to move things along. They’re actively trying to slow things down. It’s called job security in a governmental office. I slept much better for the years after that. 

Words to live by and remember!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I worked on a weekly basis with State agencies for nearly 40 years. I routinely got frustrated that they always had their foot on the brake pedal while everyone around them had theirs’ on the gas. Until one day, an ex-State employee, then working for me, explained to me that they aren’t trying to move anything along. There’s no incentive to move things along. They’re actively trying to slow things down. It’s called job security in a governmental office. I slept much better for the years after that. 

Words to live by and remember!

Kinda explaining why all the money to these groups that are supposed to help people in need, end up just keeping the people in need. they have no incentive. its just a jobs program.

Edited by Chris farley

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Kinda explaining why all the money to these groups that are supposed to help people in need, end up just keeping the people in need. they have no incentive. its just a jobs program.

Close. What most people don’t understand is that those who work in and administrate these programs are no different from those in the private sector. Their main goal is to promote and expand their ‘company’. It’s just that in this case their company is the Federal government. Whether anything significant gets accomplished out the back end is completely secondary to the expansion of their department, workload, backlog, etc. It’s not like we find some magical people to work in these departments. It’s just a really big bunch of cubicle workers. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Close. What most people don’t understand is that those who work in and administrate these programs are no different from those in the private sector. Their main goal is to promote and expand their ‘company’. It’s just that in this case their company is the Federal government. Whether anything significant gets accomplished out the back end is completely secondary to the expansion of their department, workload, backlog, etc. It’s not like we find some magical people to work in these departments. It’s just a really big bunch of cubicle workers. 

I don't disagree, was just adding that these agencies that are funded to help the less fortunate are seem to have the same mentality.

In this state, OPWDD and the Companies it funds, comes to mind. 

Just now, Chris farley said:

I don't disagree, was just adding that these agencies that are funded to help the less fortunate are seem to have the same mentality.

In this state, OPWDD and the Companies it funds, comes to mind. 

Keep in mind….There’s absolutely no difference from agency to agency, regardless of their seemingly ‘just’ mission statement. These are not charities filled with volunteer missionaries. They’re just white collar government jobs that are filled by people answering a help wanted advertisement in the newspaper or online. There’s literally no passion to solve a darn thing. Protecting and expanding your agency, department, budget, team is the prime directive. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1