What's Next? A Pill To Make Men Want To Cuddle?

First we're given pills to get us ready for sex. Now we find out there a new pill will soon be released to help eliminate premature ejaculation.

I'm reminded of the old punchline: "What do you mean premature ejaculation? I've been thinking about it all day!"

From the Orange County Register today:

==================================================================

New drug delays male climax, study finds

Researchers say dapoxetine can help increase sexual satisfaction.

By MAGGIE FOX

Reuters

WASHINGTON – The first drug formulated to treat premature ejaculation delays climax and also increases reported satisfaction, researchers said Monday.

The drug, called dapoxetine, helped men delay their orgasms significantly and doubled the number of people who reported "good" sexual satisfaction, the researchers told a conference.

"Premature ejaculation is a really common problem, affecting between 10 and 30 percent of all men. Here is something for the first time that we have that works," said Dr. Jon Pryor, chairman of the Department of Urologic Surgery at the University of Minnesota, who led the study.

He said the drug worked quickly with few side effects.

"It gets in rapidly. It gets out rapidly. You can take it one to three hours before intercourse," Pryor said in a phone interview.

The drug is being co-developed by Mountain View-based Alza Corp. and Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Services LLC.

Ortho Pharmaceutical will market the drug in the United States if it receives U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval. All three companies are units of Johnson & Johnson.

In a study presented to a meeting of the American Urological Association in San Antonio, Pryor said men who took dapoxetine at doses of either 30 milligrams or 60 milligrams had a three- to four-fold increase in ejaculation time compared to men who took a placebo.

So ejaculation time increases four fold? So instead of 10 seconds of sex they can have 40 seconds of sex? And exactly who is reporting greater satisfaction, the man or the woman?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So ejaculation time increases four fold? So instead of 10 seconds of sex they can have 40 seconds of sex? And exactly who is reporting greater satisfaction, the man or the woman?

343568[/snapback]

LOL...fantastic analysis as usual, LA.

What's Next? A Pill To Make Men Want To Cuddle?

343568[/snapback]

You laugh but I'm sure T-Bone is diligently working on said item. Wifes and partners all around the globe will be slipping their men laced beer the second they walk in the door once that puppy is perfected.

You laugh but I'm sure T-Bone is diligently working on said item.  Wifes and partners all around the globe will be slipping their men laced beer the second they walk in the door once that puppy is perfected.

343614[/snapback]

They going to use Ed as the test dummy? <_<

You laugh but I'm sure T-Bone is diligently working on said item.  Wifes and partners all around the globe will be slipping their men laced beer the second they walk in the door once that puppy is perfected.

343614[/snapback]

I agree, I bet women will even get the pills in a chewable form as well and slip them into brownies, cakes etc!

Wow - this is probably a breakthrough for a lot of guys. 

343602[/snapback]

<_<

It's sad that courtship has seemingly disappeared. What a non-stop, almost electrically-charged thing it was.

P.S. Today's generation did not invent sex. You merely took away the intrigue, the imagination, the repartie, the building pleasure and replaced with something akin to two weasels rutting in the night.

Your loss... :(