Give Willis a LONG term deal

nobody seems to understand....it DOESN'T MATTER how long the deal is when rosenhaus is the agent. he'll have a guy hold out if he's in the 2nd year of a 7-year contract (see: terrell owens).

the bills may as well have WM signed to a one-year deal. that's all it's worth.

nobody seems to understand....it DOESN'T MATTER how long the deal is when rosenhaus is the agent.  he'll have a guy hold out if he's in the 2nd year of a 7-year contract (see:  terrell owens).

the bills may as well have WM signed to a one-year deal.  that's all it's worth.

343320[/snapback]

TO is a diffrent story.

TO is a top 3 WR, took less money last year to get the deal done, played spectacular, and now he wants to be in the top 3 paid WRs in the NFL.

WM had a seasons, almost carrer ending injury, we STILL took him in the 1st, paid him 1st rounder money. sat out a year, and had a VERY good 2nd year.

but hes gunna need more than 1 very good year, to demand more money.

if he gets 1800 yards this season, i can see a problem, but otherwise, we are good for ~2 more years, befor we talk long term deal.

Its about the up front money. TO wants more money guaranteed. Thats what DR is all about. Getting his players the most guaranteed money possible. All the Bills have to do is look at Clinton Portis' deal. 8 years 50 million with a 17 million bonus.

Break that contract down to 6 years 37 million with a 13-14 million bonus. If Willis has around 1500 yards, expect him to want close to this. GEEZ! But I think he gets a new contract during the season if he is tearing it up.

TO is a diffrent story.

TO is a top 3 WR, took less money last year to get the deal done, played spectacular, and now he wants to be in the top 3 paid WRs in the NFL.

WM had a seasons, almost carrer ending injury, we STILL took him in the 1st, paid him 1st rounder money. sat out a year, and had a VERY good 2nd year.

but hes gunna need more than 1 very good year, to demand more money.

if he gets 1800 yards this season, i can see a problem, but otherwise, we are good for ~2 more years, befor we talk long term deal.

343453[/snapback]

you're missing my point. i agree with not re-doing WM's deal right now. i'm just saying that whenever they do it, the length of the contract is essentially irrelevant because rosenhaus doesn't care. he'll have his players sit out regardless.

i love pat kirwan's suggestion -- for every day of mandatory team activity (i.e., training camp) that a player under contract holds out, the team should tell him that's another month they'll wait to re-open contract negotiations with his agent.

I think it is important to understand the importance of the difference between the 2 players.....

The Eagles do NOT absolutley have to have Terrel Owens.....who is an absolute headcase and even when he was with the team did not get them a superbowl win

The BILLS DO IN FACT NEED MAGEHEE.....

- We have a basically rookie QB

- We are on the cusp of the playoffs

- Travis does NOT want to be here

- After Travis there is nothing but inexperience (except for Rashard Lee)

There's no point to signing him to a long term deal at this point - he's not proven he can stay healthy.  Giving him a monster contract before this season is silly.

343417[/snapback]

Let's sign Willis to a monster contract before this season.

I think it is important to understand the importance of the difference between the 2 players.....

The Eagles do NOT absolutley have to have Terrel Owens.....who is an absolute headcase and even when he was with the team did not get them a superbowl win

The BILLS DO IN FACT NEED MAGEHEE.....

- We have a basically rookie QB

- We are on the cusp of the playoffs

- Travis does NOT want to be here

- After Travis there is nothing but inexperience (except for Rashard Lee)

343480[/snapback]

Better get JP redone then before camp, and if he sits Kelly should hold out cause then we would be down to Shane.

I am willing to cover any wager up to a hundred . I say no way Willis holds out this year