Minor KFFL Bills blurbs

Bills | Had an Interest in Howell - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 23 May 2005 20:07:44 -0700

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports free agent S John Howell (Buccaneers) said the Buffalo Bills were interested in possibly signing him. As noted earlier, Howell has narrowed his choices to signing with the Seattle Seahawks or re-signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Bills | Passing on Shelton? - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 23 May 2005 20:47:52 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it appears the Buffalo Bills will pass on signing free agent OT L.J. Shelton (Cardinals). As noted earlier, he four visits scheduled but the Bills are not of them.

Interesting notes. I am really unhappy that we aren't attempting to sign Shelton. I hope that another OT gets cut because i'm not comfortable with Gandy or Teague.

The Howell thing is REALLY interesting. With Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Coy Wire, and Rashad Baker; why would we want a Safety?

The Howell thing is REALLY interesting. With Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Coy Wire, and Rashad Baker; why would we want a Safety?

343263[/snapback]

We need some competent depth to replace Wire

Bills | Had an Interest in Howell - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 23 May 2005 20:07:44 -0700

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports free agent S John Howell (Buccaneers) said the Buffalo Bills were interested in possibly signing him. As noted earlier, Howell has narrowed his choices to signing with the Seattle Seahawks or re-signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Bills | Passing on Shelton? - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 23 May 2005 20:47:52 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it appears the Buffalo Bills will pass on signing free agent OT L.J. Shelton (Cardinals). As noted earlier, he four visits scheduled but the Bills are not of them.

Interesting notes. I am really unhappy that we aren't attempting to sign Shelton. I hope that another OT gets cut because i'm not comfortable with Gandy or Teague.

343263[/snapback]

Vincent is old and already missed almost a whole season so as a starter, there has to be concerns as to his reliability. The Coy Wire experiment is over. Baker is a reach as a starter. He is an overachiever for sure but he is not a starting quality safety. He may be some day but he isn't there yet. Frankly, picking up a safety for insurance would be a smart move.

Vincent is old and already missed almost a whole season so as a starter, there has to be concerns as to his reliability.  The Coy Wire experiment is over.  Baker is a reach as a starter.  He is an overachiever for sure but he is not a starting quality safety.  He may be some day but he isn't there yet.  Frankly, picking up a safety for insurance would be a smart move.

Vincent got hurt playing the more demanding CB position, and from what I recall, it wasn't that he got hurt for no reason, I think he was bent at an awkward angle or something like that. Wire I agree is finished as a starting safety, but Baker I think can be a future starter. Howell would replace Wire, but if he's little more than a ST'er, it's better to keep Wire.

343263[/snapback]

you only mention 3 safeties. a 4th would be good for depth.

(yes, i can count)

Posts like this are so absurd all I can do is laugh.

You're not comfortable with Gandy and Teague at LT, but you'd be happy with Shelton, a cast off of a 5-11 team? Please tell me why. Enthrall me with your football acumen.

Please tell me why your opinion of Gandy/Teague vs. LJ Shelton is more qualified and informed than Jim McNally and the rest of the Bills front office.

I can't wait.

Obviously the Bills coaching staff, and Jom McNally has said to Tom Donahoe, "We don't think LJ Shelton is a measurable upgrade over what we have. We think you'd be wasting your money." Donahoe has shown he is not unwilling to sign people and spend money if it will upgrade the team.

You're not comfortable with Gandy and Teague at LT, but you'd be happy with Shelton, a cast off of a 5-11 team? Please tell me why. Enthrall me with your football acumen.

Please tell me why your opinion of Gandy/Teague vs. LJ Shelton is more qualified and informed than Jim McNally and the rest of the Bills front office.

I can't wait.

343358[/snapback]

No offense, but you were a little too nasty than you needed to be here.

You're not comfortable with Gandy and Teague at LT, but you'd be happy with Shelton, a cast off of a 5-11 team? Please tell me why.

343358[/snapback]

Well, how about this:

At least Shelton (a former #1 pick who played adequately before his ankle injury) had a team to be cut from...unlike Gandy who was a street FA (with just as many question marks about durablity) and who's best position is Guard.

TT is probably as good as Shelton, hence the Bills lack of interest in LJ. However, moving him to OT means disrupting two positions on the line, rather than one. I'd rather have TT making the line calls with a rookie QB than I would Tucker, who'll essentially be a rookie at the position as well.

Vincent got hurt playing the more demanding CB position, and from what I recall, it wasn't that he got hurt for no reason, I think he was bent at an awkward angle or something like that.  Wire I agree is finished as a starting safety, but Baker I think can be a future starter.  Howell would replace Wire, but if he's little more than a ST'er, it's better to keep Wire.

343336[/snapback]

Don't forget though, Vincent was missed a number of games because of injury, the last few years in Philly too.

I can't wait.

343358[/snapback]

Because we've heard so much about Shelton that he must be better than the other options. There, Mr Smarty Pants!

Our opinion is more qualified than Jim McNally and the rest of the Bills front office because I said so.

I can't wait.

343358[/snapback]

Wait a minute smartypants....

Isn't McNally the same guy who had the overmatched Pucillo and then Lawrence Smith start last season as our first two options at Left Guard?

It took his third choice (Tucker) to help solidify the position.

If he is always... oh so right.... why wasn't Tucker(or for that matter a street free agent brought in to man the position?

Don't forget though, Vincent was missed a number of games because of injury, the last few years in Philly too.

Yes but again, those have been at the more demanding CB position. Rod Woodson had injury problems his last few years at CB and everyone thought he was done, switched to S and played for several more years.

Billy Pucillo said he has some HUGE deals on Chevys at his car dealership. That's even bigger news !

343266[/snapback]

Is that the Pucillo Chevrolet that has the giant turnstile in the front and big sign that says "Ole'!" hanging over the top of it?