Interesting rumor from Sportsline

The St. Paul Pioneer Press believes it'll be interesting to see if the Vikings trade Michael Bennett and/or Brian Williams for Travis Henry or Edgerrin James. ... Safety Corey Chavous and cornerback Brian Williams continue to be no-shows during a four-day developmental camp. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Mike Tice isn't sure whether the two, who are unhappy with their contracts, will show up to similar camps next month. (updated: 05/23/2005)

Not sure how good Williams is. But would give us an option at another CB.

I dont know much about Williams either, but that is an interesting rumor.

Here is a plaer bio for Williams:

Williams

Professional Information:

Enters his 3rd season with the team and is slated to start at RCB...Has played in all 32 games with 23 starts during his first 2 seasons...Led the team with 20 passes defensed and was 3rd on the team with 5 INTs in 2003...Moved into the starting lineup as a rookie at LCB vs. Green Bay (11/17) and remained there for the rest of the season...Trailed only LB Nick Rogers (11) in games started by a rookie on defense.

but isnt he one of those guys who made the vikings D a joke?

there is a reason they went out and got winfield and smoot.

ill take him over McGee, but i think our coaches are happy with him there.

Williams wants to be traded cus he doesnt want to be the 3rd CB.

Williams sounds like he's holding out for more money.  The heart of the matter with Travis is that he refuses to play for the Bills.  There's a big difference.

343231[/snapback]

Either way they are both holding out. And both want more money.

Is Williams any good? What kind of money does he want, seeing as he would be a nickle with the Vikes this year since they now have Winfield and Smoot.

I wouldn't mind taking Michael Bennett for TH. One of the problems with trading TH is that we really wouldn't have a serviceable backup if Willis went down for a game or two, or, god forbid, more. We'd have that with Bennett.

And he is only going to get more because he is a snake.

343246[/snapback]

Maybe not. Rosenhaus believes the sky's the limit with his greed but Eagles owner Jeff Lurie may be sending him a well publicized message by telling Rosenhaus to pound salt with the T.O. holdout.

When other players see a big name guy sitting home and not getting paid, how is this good publicity for this agent ? Rosenhaus was in full damage control a week ago when the general press wrote he overplayed his hand with T.O. and Lurie won't give into him.

Williams sounds like he's holding out for more money.  The heart of the matter with Travis is that he refuses to play for the Bills.  There's a big difference.

343231[/snapback]

Not true! :w00t:

He refuses to be the backup. I think he'd stay and play if he was the starter again but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

I believe that we can continue to develop and draft corners, we need immediate depth and help on the Oline, and possibly Dline depending on how the two-headed beast pans out with Pat gone. I think that TD should only trade for a lineman or 3rd round pick

Maybe not. Rosenhaus believes the sky's the limit with his greed but Eagles owner Jeff Lurie may be sending him a well publicized message by telling Rosenhaus to pound salt with the T.O. holdout.

343251[/snapback]

T.O. is making commercials now.......with Jevon Kearse. <_<

Speaking of Paris, you see clips of her new commerical for the hamburger place out by you, Carl's?

343294[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw it. Then I went to the bottom of the web page where it said "Print a coupon." So I clicked the link, thinking I was going to get something like a dollar off a sandwich, and it turns out it was a "Get one Paris Hilton interrupting a blowjob to answer her cellphone for $10, get the second one half price."