Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

These 4 areas improving will make us more competitive in the playoffs.  My expectations for our playoff defense are zero.

I am repeating myself, but they also need to add blocking TE#2 and bruising RB to the list of needed additions to the offense. I had a rant earlier today where I expressed similar expectations. Build the offense so that you aren't dependent on Frazier's D showing up. If it does, all the better.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Then resign Motor.  Our offense was garbage in the playoffs.  Lets try and win a Superbowl.  I love Motor, but he is no Saquon.  Our offense is broke, our window is closing.  What is your soloution to fix ailing offense?

1. Get a worthy #2 WR

2. Bolster the OL and pick a run blocking identity and stick to it(preferably not outside zone, IMO)

At RB James Cook is your lead back........so I sift thru the free agents.........there are a ton of productive ones in UFA because reasonable teams don't invest picks or big dollars into RB's........and add one that fits and is very cheap and then get in the habit of finding your RB's late in the draft.   Like KC did with Pacheco.   They made an idiotic move by drafting a RB(CEH) in round 1 a couple years ago and have since adopted an almost zero investment policy and it's paid off......because they can block and because there are always capable RB's available all over the draft or in free agency and sometimes even off the street.    If you can block your Raheem Blackshear's will produce on the ground.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1. Get a worthy #2 WR

2. Bolster the OL and pick a run blocking identity and stick to it(preferably not outside zone, IMO)

At RB James Cook is your lead back........so I sift thru the free agents.........there are a ton of productive ones in UFA because reasonable teams don't invest picks or big dollars into RB's........and add one that fits and is very cheap and then get in the habit of finding your RB's late in the draft.   Like KC did with Pacheco.   They made an idiotic move by drafting a RB(CEH) in round 1 a couple years ago and have since adopted an almost zero investment policy and it's paid off......because they can block and because there are always capable RB's available all over the draft or in free agency and sometimes even off the street.    If you can block your Raheem Blackshear's will produce on the ground.

0 investment in their running backs - big investment in their offensive line.  It doubles as protection for Mahomes, and they have the best screen game in the business by a mile.  Thuney is probably top paid guard, traded a 1st for Brown at LT, 2nd rounder on Humphrey, Wylie who has played all over their line, and also hit on trey smith in the 6th round.  

10 hours ago, gobills404 said:

My bad I forgot he traded the same pick twice to move down a whopping 6 spots

Trade ups happen when they have a specific positional player they're going after.  In this draft, I don't know as we have that scenario.

Unless he's specifically chasing someone like Robinson and doesn't expect him to fall to us at #27, I don't really see it happening. 

I don't know as Beane sees RB as a vital need here and if going for BPA, that typically happens at your normal draft position. I don't think you historically see a lot of BPA picks come from a trade up vs a pick at the normal draft position.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1. Get a worthy #2 WR

How is the Jets line?  How did Breece Hall do?  Don’t draft or sign a JAG. 
off topic- but when I watch todays NFL I think Joe Cribbs was so far ahead of NFL.  This Bills team could use Joe Cribbs in his prime.  Cribbs would be a superstar 

Pacheco was a steal.  The Bills really need a bruising, short yardage back

Edited by Pete
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Then resign Motor.  Our offense was garbage in the playoffs.  Lets try and win a Superbowl.  I love Motor, but he is no Saquon.  Our offense is broke, our window is closing.  What is your soloution to fix ailing offense?

Our office is not broke. We were top-five in the NFL last year.

You should always be trying to improve every position, though

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I see where you’re coming from with that. I think that that trend is about to change we need all of our Drafix frankly we need we need more.

This is the third year in a row a bunch of people on here have been saying we should trade down with our 1st round pick. Not saying it’s a bad idea, just unlikely it happens.

Edited by gobills404

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Our office is not broke. We were top-five in the NFL last year.

You should always be trying to improve every position, though

Our offense isn’t broke, but we only finished top 5 thanks to 17.  Our O has no identity other than: Josh Allen, go score.  
He looked tired at the end of the year.  If we divvy our available resources 50/50 between O and D this offseason, I’ll be furious.  We’ll still have some stars on D next year.  Emphasis must be clearly in upgrading the O.   The odds are against Frazier drawing up 3-4 consecutive winning game plans in the playoffs.  We’ll need to score more

Edited by NewEra
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Starting to come around to this idea more and more if it's at 27 and they don't move up.

I mean the comparison for him is Saquon Barkley...he would help the run game as much as OLinemen would.

We talk about the need to draft elite players? Well, this would be an elite player and probably far better than anyone else available at our pick. I doubt he is there tho. Always some team that will value him highly as the best RB in the class.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Starting to come around to this idea more and more if it's at 27 and they don't move up.

I mean the comparison for him is Saquon Barkley...he would help the run game as much as OLinemen would.

We talk about the need to draft elite players? Well, this would be an elite player and probably far better than anyone else available at our pick. I doubt he is there tho. Always some team that will value him highly as the best RB in the class.

If you could convince me we land a dynamic WR in the 2nd and OL guys like Avila and Vorhees in 3rd/4th then sign me up. Bijan would probably be more versatile as a power back then Hall.  But we somehow gotta land a wr & 2 olineman by the 4th pick.  McD can have the 5th/6th for D.

I think there is a chance that Buffalo drafts Robinson.  I don't think he's the only RB who could come in and upgrade the spot that Singletary will leave if he doesn't re-sign.  I've just recently become intrigued by Roschon Johnson.  He's got excellent size, and at least some people think he's 4.4 fast.   The question is where to draft him.  One website lists him as a 7th rounder, which seems odd given his physical traits.  I've seen him mocked to the Bills in the third round.  I don't know if that's too high, but he sure looks to me like he's got a higher ceiling than Devin Singletary or Zach Moss, who both went in the third round.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Our offense isn’t broke, but we only finished top 5 thanks to 17.  Our O has no identity other than: Josh Allen, go score.  
He looked tired at the end of the year.  If we divvy our available resources 50/50 between O and D this offseason, I’ll be furious.  We’ll still have some stars on D next year.  Emphasis must be clearly in upgrading the O.   The odds are against Frazier drawing up 3-4 consecutive winning game plans in the playoffs.  We’ll need to score more

I will be absolutely furious if we allocate major resources to our defense

I’m not understanding having a defensive coach, with the ability to work with players, and then putting all of the resources into the defense to

McDermott coach up a defense put the groceries on the officer side of the ball

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.