Greetings to Bills fans from Haiti!

Rubes

St. Michael's orphanage by any chance?  The Providence Project was the name of the charity that ran the school.

343067[/snapback]

I cannot recall the name but I was with the Navy Seabees(NMCB 5). We built 2 schools and 2 dorms all together.

Great to hear it Rubes. I worked with Lumiere Medical Ministries a few years back. They have a clinic (Hopital Lumiere) in Bonn Finn, just north of Les Cayes on the Southern peninsula. Great experience.

As far as Haiti & football -- I watched the GB Packers beat Drew Bledsoe & the Patsies in the Super Bowl from the hospital in Bonn Finn. Lots of football fans at that location.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. Our last day of clinic is tomorrow and we're all exhausted. We've probably seen somewhere around 2000 patients over around 8 days. Mentally, it's very taxing.

It's nice to have the internet available, especially to be able to keep tabs on everyone here while I'm so far away, but don't be fooled. Internet access is easy and relatively cheap, all things considered. It is still the poorest place in the western hemisphere and it shows. Will things get better? Who knows.

For those interested, I'm here with a group called the Friends of the Children of Haiti, which is a Catholic-oriented group based out of Illinois, although religion is not a focus of the mission (I'm not Catholic, either). But everyone working here is great, it's a lot of fun, and hopefully we'll be able to do this again. The clinic is open four times a year and the goal is to eventually have it open continuously.

Thanks again...I will (hopefully) be home in a couple of days.

BTW, I did see a patient here wearing an old Thurman Thomas Pro Bowl jersey. Yeah, baby!