Twitter “files” - Trump had his own set of rules

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Isn't this the Tweet that Trump demanded be taken down still on Twitter?  Doesn't the fact that its STILL ON TWITTER kind of strengthen Musk's/Taibbi's point?

Separately, I do love how you read dipshlt partisan Tweets and then come screaming onto this board about "not a peep" from a poster (especially one you have clearly confused for someone else who won't allow you to act like an asset on their message board). You know you are the only one following most of those people on Twitter, right? 

Another cherry picker 

13 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

It's midas and she's shouting the truth so that all can hear it.  If you decide to ignore her info, so be it.  But quit touting the twitter files if you only believe the parts you like.

She is stating what she heard from another person. thats just fact.

12 hours ago, daz28 said:

Apparently, Chris doesn't like people giving so much "testimony" under oath???  Personally, I'd love to hear some sworn testimony from more people, especially those who were asking for pardons, but I guess subpoenas aren't what they used to be(for both sides).  

prefer actual facts vs someone stating what they were told by someone else.

8 hours ago, daz28 said:

There shouldn't be a database in the first place.  If you remember, this started with the 'liberal bias' in media, which is about as fake news as you can get.  Both sides have their own separate media sources, that thrive off of their partisan bias.  Well, some people took it to the next level, and accused social media of being favorable to the left.  Then Elon dragged it to the next level, and accuse the left of actively censoring tweets.  As it turns out, they ALL had their hands in the cookie jar(which I'm sure E-lyon didn't know).  What is lost in all this partisan nonsense is the fact that NO ONE in government should be censoring anyone, because it against the Constitution. I know there's a line where a government employee's job and personal life are blurred , but some of the calls were/are coming FROM THE WHITE HOUSE, ffs. The whole thing is just a mess, just like everything else in this country, and the only thing that keeps fueling this stupidity is everyone's need to defend 'their side', while the bad actors go about their nefarious activities and lobbying. 

You almost have it, but I think you are confusing who is doing the actual  censoring here. Politicians can beg for preferential treatment but Twitter ultimately decides what stays on their platform and what doesn't.  

It can be true that Twitter picked its favorites AND that all politicians are scum bags. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

You almost have it, but I think you are confusing who is doing the actual  censoring here. Politicians can beg for preferential treatment but Twitter ultimately decides what stays on their platform and what doesn't.  

It can be true that Twitter picked its favorites AND that all politicians are scum bags. 

It shouldn't matter.  No one makes people use twitter.  I don't read it and I don't watch OAN.  You don't have to digest CNN, PBS or NPR.  Twitter should not be a campaign site for pols.  They can remove anyone they see fit just like this forum can.  That said, ethically, they should remove posts that are clearly disinformation.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

It shouldn't matter.  No one makes people use twitter.  I don't read it and I don't watch OAN.  You don't have to digest CNN, PBS or NPR.  Twitter should not be a campaign site for pols.  They can remove anyone they see fit just like this forum can.  That said, ethically, they should remove posts that are clearly disinformation.

Ethically they should remove posts that are clearly disinformation…like when 50 retired security experts come together to declare something is Russian tradecraft? Posts should be removed when that happens because those are people we can trust. 🤦 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

It shouldn't matter.  No one makes people use twitter.  I don't read it and I don't watch OAN.  You don't have to digest CNN, PBS or NPR.  Twitter should not be a campaign site for pols.  They can remove anyone they see fit just like this forum can.

It shouldn't matter but it does. Social media has a stranglehold on the American people, it's like digital heroin, especiallyto people under 40. So scumbag politicians are drawn there like moths to a bonfire. 

And for the record I don't watch OAN.  From what little I've seen it's heavy on

partisan nonsense.  But I also see a lot of partisan nonsense on CNN, just with more subtlety and higher production values. 

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Clearly disinformation like...

When renowned epidemiology experts say that covid lockdowns are doing massive harm to overall public health?

When doctors push back on the actual disinformation put out by government officials telling people that if they get the vaccine then they won't get covid?

Because these types of posts were removed or slapped with warnings.

Are those the kind posts of "clear disinformation" that should be removed, because ethics, doc?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

13 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

When renowned epidemiology experts say that covid lockdowns are doing massive harm to overall public health?

When doctors push back on the actual disinformation put out by government officials telling people that if they get the vaccine then they won't get covid?

Are those the kind posts of "clear disinformation" that should be removed, because ethics, doc?

Just a red x @redtail hawk?

Are you denying that these types of posts were censored?

The covid vaccine was NEVER promised to prevent infection for all. All the way back to the initial clinical trial data.

To say otherwise is disinformation. 

On 2/9/2023 at 6:48 AM, BillsFanNC said:

Again @redtail hawk no comment?

Are the above examples the type of "disinformation" content that social media platforms should remove on ethical grounds?