Kevin Thompson

I think this kid has been given a vote of no confidence when we re-signed Matthews. He could see the writing on the wall then. You can't really blame him, tho. He needs to play better to make the roster of some other team.

At first, he played well but since that day Shane came back into the fold, he's been mundane.

I think this kid has been given a vote of no confidence when we re-signed Matthews.  He could see the writing on the wall then.

342818[/snapback]

I don't really agree with that. I think that we resigned Matthews because of his experience in the system. If Matthews was not resigned, Losman, would have been the guy with the most experience in Mularkey's system. That would not have been good.

I think this kid has been given a vote of no confidence when we re-signed Matthews.  He could see the writing on the wall then.  You can't really blame him, tho.  He needs to play better to make the roster of some other team. 

At first, he played well but since that day Shane came back into the fold, he's been mundane.

342818[/snapback]

I also disagree that the resigning of Matthews is much of a vote of no confidence in Thompson. I am both pretty confident that the Matthews signing will only have him be a Bill for 2005 and that Thompson is not ready for the NFL in 2005 and would not even be our disaster QB this year.

Thompson has a shot at making the Bills PS and this is not impacted one iota by the signing of Matthews.

I don't really agree with that. I think that we resigned Matthews because of his experience in the system. If Matthews was not resigned, Losman, would have been the guy with the most experience in Mularkey's system. That would not have been good.

342863[/snapback]

I think the coaches like what they see in Shane and so do I. He's already been a mentor to JP, according to some reports.

What I forgot to mention is that we won't start the season with 4 QB's on the roster. I think we save the practice squad for other positions of need.