Pats bring back Troy Brown

Troy Brown

5/23/2005 2:35:27 PM

FOXBORO, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed wide receiver Troy Brown on Monday, nearly two months after they released the 12-year veteran in a cost-cutting move.

Terms of the deal weren't disclosed.

The team saved $5 million US against next season's salary cap by not picking up Brown's option March 1. He would have been due $2.5 million in salary next season, along with a $2.5 million bonus.

Once one of the Patriots' most dependable receivers, Brown's biggest contribution last season was on defence. With the New England secondary weakened by injuries, Brown filled in as an extra defensive back and had three interceptions and 17 tackles, and the Patriots won another Super Bowl.

Brown played enough on the offensive side to make 17 catches for 184 yards, including a touchdown. He also returned 12 punts, averaging a team-high 6.9 yards.

I wonder how much he's making?  I'm sure the two sides had a nice backroom deal.  Saved those scumbags 5 million.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

342938[/snapback]

That was my reaction to this article as well, the Pats just keep on making good moves for there cap situation, why couldnt Brady destroy the Pats cap like the Tin Man did to his team??? :w00t::doh: