Car bomb blows up Shiite mosque

Seems Muslims worldwide are ready to start violent protests at the drop of the hat, if the offenders are "infidels".

Would't blowing up a Mosque full of Muslims worshipping be a much bigger outrage than a fake story in Newsweek?

I guess it is ok if the offenders are Muslim, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A car bomb blew up Monday outside a Shiite mosque in a town south of Baghdad, killing at least 10 people and injuring another 30, authorities said.

Hours earlier, a car bomb exploded at a Baghdad restaurant popular with police, killing at least seven people and wounding at least 82, and militants assassinated a top national security official.

The car bomb in the busy Talibia neighborhood was detonated outside the Habayibna restaurant at a time when police officers usually meet there for lunch, said police Lt. Zaid Tarek.

"All these people were killed for no reason. What wrong did they do by being policemen or soldiers?" shaken restaurant owner Mshari Hassan said shortly after the blast.

Casualties were taken to three Baghdad hospitals. Al-Kindi hospital received three dead and 54 injured, according to its admission records.

Another three dead and 13 injured were taken to Al-Sadr hospital, director Rahim al-Majidi said. At least 10 more wounded were taken to Imam Ali hospital and five to the Medical City hospital.

The second deadly car bombing occurred at 8 p.m. (noon EST) in front of the Abul-Fadl Abbas mosque in Mahmoudiya, about 20 miles south of Baghdad, Lt. Odai al-Zayadi said.

Seems Muslims worldwide are ready to start violent protests at the drop of the hat, if the offenders are "infidels".

Would't blowing up a Mosque full of Muslims worshipping be a much bigger outrage than a fake story in Newsweek?

I guess it is ok if the offenders are Muslim, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A car bomb blew up Monday outside a Shiite mosque in a town south of Baghdad, killing at least 10 people and injuring another 30, authorities said.

Hours earlier, a car bomb exploded at a Baghdad restaurant popular with police, killing at least seven people and wounding at least 82, and militants assassinated a top national security official.

The car bomb in the busy Talibia neighborhood was detonated outside the Habayibna restaurant at a time when police officers usually meet there for lunch, said police Lt. Zaid Tarek.

"All these people were killed for no reason. What wrong did they do by being policemen or soldiers?" shaken restaurant owner Mshari Hassan said shortly after the blast.

Casualties were taken to three Baghdad hospitals. Al-Kindi hospital received three dead and 54 injured, according to its admission records.

Another three dead and 13 injured were taken to Al-Sadr hospital, director Rahim al-Majidi said. At least 10 more wounded were taken to Imam Ali hospital and five to the Medical City hospital.

The second deadly car bombing occurred at 8 p.m. (noon EST) in front of the Abul-Fadl Abbas mosque in Mahmoudiya, about 20 miles south of Baghdad, Lt. Odai al-Zayadi said.

342602[/snapback]

A) they're not THEIR kind of Muslims, therefore no outrage.

I really wish we would let the Peshmerga and Shiite militas take care of these Sunni rebels. Let them get their pound of flesh for years od Sunni repression.

A) they're not THEIR kind of Muslims, therefore no outrage.

I really wish we would let the Peshmerga and Shiite militas take care of these Sunni rebels. Let them get their pound of flesh for years od Sunni repression.

342623[/snapback]

That is not a bad idea for the whole region really. If we aren't around to blow up, they will go back to fighting and killing each other.

Iraq vs Iran, Iran vs. Afghanistan, Pakistan vs India...

Ah, the good old days, where you want them all to loose.

what??? who will take my customer service phone calls???

342742[/snapback]

I guess on the plus side, a nuclear war might help stem the flow of outsourced jobs to India :w00t:

If US troops did this even by accident, what do you think the media and world's reaction would be?

342868[/snapback]

They're probably trying to find a connection ( or make one up) as we speak. It's not news if it's not bad news about the US...

If US troops did this even by accident, what do you think the media and world's reaction would be?

342868[/snapback]

Dunno' about the world's reaction, but I imagine it would be pretty harsh. The media's reaction is an easy call: "After the break, more on the Michael Jackson trial..."