Now they're saying sunshine may *prevent* cancer.

Link.

Fits right into the theory that like everything else on this planet, if you do/eat it either too much or too little, it'll give you cancer or be otherwise detrimental to your health.

342325[/snapback]

I have read where to little "D" is a growing problem in kids. Between the sunscreen and Xbox, just not geeting enough

My dad was a great believer in the health benefits of "morning sun". My mother put all her babies out in the morning sun twice at 15 minutes each (from 4 days old). They were called "sun baths" back in the day.

It's the burning that causes problems, not the healthy, limited exposure.

It's the burning that causes problems, not the healthy, limited exposure.

342347[/snapback]

I've almost never worn sunscreen, especially when doing heavy work during the summer. One of the few times I've ever gotten a sunburn was at the Ralph in early October(!) in '97 when they played the Lions.

this is exactly why i refuse to go low carb, low fat, low anything, because slowly but surely, all these health kicks are gonna come back and bite us all, we are all gonna die of lack of fat, starch, whatever in our diets. my parents and sisters drink thier blue milk, eat thier no-fat mayo, and all have cholesterol, bp, and take medical supplements from thier doctors. Me? My fat ass, eats, beef, fatty foods, whole milk, taco bell etc and i drink beer! My numbers are all great(except my weight)! Its like fashion, what was once bad will come around and be good again! Eat up and take in lots of sun!

this is exactly why i refuse to go low carb, low fat, low anything, because slowly but surely, all these health kicks are gonna come back and bite us all, we are all gonna die of lack of fat, starch, whatever in our diets.  my parents and sisters drink thier blue milk, eat thier no-fat mayo, and all have cholesterol, bp, and take medical supplements from thier doctors.  Me?  My fat ass, eats, beef, fatty foods, whole milk, taco bell etc and i drink beer!  My numbers are all great(except my weight)!  Its like fashion, what was once bad will come around and be good again!  Eat up and take in lots of sun!

342367[/snapback]

I think it may well be foolish to go low car, low fat, low everythings as you describr, but it also seems to be equally foolish to go high fat, hig carb, high everything.

The all things in moderation approach seems to make far more sense than going the extreme way many health freaks go or the extreme way you are preaching.

wow! i made it through an entire post of yours :doh: , and yes you are dead on, I do not overdo it by any means, but I certainly do not watch what I eat. I eat what I want without any worries, except radishes.......YUCK!!!!!!!

I think it may well be foolish to go low car, low fat, low everythings as you describr, but it also seems to be equally foolish to go high fat, hig carb, high everything.

The all things in moderation approach seems to make far more sense than going the extreme way many health freaks go or the extreme way you are preaching.

342396[/snapback]