Pat Tillman's family upset with US Army

Pat Tillman is the fuggin man! I am sick of the propaganda our government spins. Pat Tillman does not need storys fabricated to make him look like a hero- he is a hero. The government lied about his death then did a swift coverup. He is the Armys posterboy- the last thing Pat wanted. Its a shame. Enough with the Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman fabrications. RIP Pat Tillman

http://news.yahoo.com/s/washpost/20050523/...ritical_of_army

None of this changes the fact that Pat Tillman is a great hero.  Too bad there are those in the government who would play fast and loose with the truth...even to his own family!

PTR

342311[/snapback]

the governemnt does not tell the truth. they tell half truths to make the population happy, while they do what need to be done, becuse the public would disaprove if they knew everything.

politicians do not lie. (cus if they do they are condemed as a lier, and will not stay in office for long). those who tell the entire truth, will not get votes, cus by giving his opinion, he looses votes, cus no 2 people agree on everything. so being vague and unclear is the road to sucess as a politician.

As unfortunately seems to happen in war, one of the victim's is truth.

The irony is here to me that the tragedy of the Tillman death was multiplied by his status as an NFL star. The NFL is about telling and selling stories of sports glory which may or may not be a true story about the reality of life of an NFL player.

This story-telling seems to have extended into this important real world issue of giving an impression or telling the story of this NFL star making the ultimate sacrifice for his country.

Like the NFL, the more important reality is actually, the more likely the truth it is to ultimately come out. By shaping and lying about reality in order to attempt to drive the piblic to a particular belief, the military brass has in fact sullied the Tillman sacrifice.

Its hard for the average Joe or Josephine to stay focused on the reality of his great sacrifice for us. It must be unimaginably hard for his parents to stay focused and they seem to do as good a job as I can imagine. Certainly by letting an attempt to fight a war as efficiently as possible cloud the truth, the pain around Tillman's death has been muddied and extended.

"After it happened, all the people in positions of authority went out of their way to script this,'' Patrick Tillman said. ``They purposely interfered with the investigation. They covered it up. I think they thought they could control it, and they realized that their recruiting efforts were going to go to hell in a handbasket if the truth about his death got out. They blew up their poster boy.''

Wow. I don't know about his 'homicide' accusation, but the last two sentences are accurate in today's Army PR machine. They thought they could conceal the truth with a Silver Star and they could put his face on recruiting posters. A lot of young people see the lies all around and are choosing not to serve. Memo: people don't like being lied to.

FFS, I wouldn't say that Pat Tillman's sacrifice has been tarnished. This stuff reflects on the Army and their sh--head leadership from behind a desk --- not on Pat and the others who serve honorably.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/washpost/20050523/...ritical_of_army

None of this changes the fact that Pat Tillman is a great hero.  Too bad there are those in the government who would play fast and loose with the truth...even to his own family!

PTR

342311[/snapback]

And, objectively, why is Pat Tillman a great hero? Spare me the "giving up a football career" crap.

Joe Snuffy, who gets killed by whatever, gets an obit and two paragraphs in his or her local paper, if he or she is lucky.

I don't see where Pat Tillman is a great hero. You don't stand up in the middle of a firefight. That's stupid.

And, objectively, why is Pat Tillman a great hero? Spare me the "giving up a football career" crap.

Joe Snuffy, who gets killed by whatever, gets an obit and two paragraphs in his or her local paper, if he or she is lucky.

I don't see where Pat Tillman is a great hero. You don't stand up in the middle of a firefight. That's stupid.

342888[/snapback]

Nice post. Here's something for Pete.

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/

Above and beyond. God Bless Paul Smith.

I'm not taking anything away from Tillman, at all. Perspective