What goes on in Minicamp

Okay, reading the Sporting news story posted here, and this is what it says.

The Bills like what they've seen so far from rookie C Duke Preston, their fourth-round draft pick. Preston has good size (6-5, 311), strength and toughness to compete with defensive tackles at the point of attack. He has the intelligence to make the line calls and is technically sound as a blocker who plays with leverage and works hard to finish blocks.

Now, can you really get all of this out of 3 days or whatever with shorts on? Looks like they are trying to justify the Teague switch. I must admit I never played ball after 9th grade, and certainly never on a high level. For the boys out there who played D1, can you really make assestments based on these practices. I can see how you can look at the WR-DB battles and start to make some impressions on speed, getting off the line, hands etc, but can this be done along the lines. Just curios.

i think you break that comment into two parts:

1. The Bills like what they've seen so far from rookie C Duke Preston, their fourth-round draft pick.

this means duke didn't fall over himself at the first minicamp.

2. Preston has good size (6-5, 311), strength and toughness to compete with defensive tackles at the point of attack. He has the intelligence to make the line calls and is technically sound as a blocker who plays with leverage and works hard to finish blocks.

this is the pre-draft assessment.

in essence, the comment is filler -- nothing else is going on so they're rehashing draft analysis.

1. The Bills like what they've seen so far from rookie C Duke Preston, their fourth-round draft pick.

2. Preston has good size (6-5, 311), strength and toughness to compete with defensive tackles at the point of attack. He has the intelligence to make the line calls and is technically sound as a blocker who plays with leverage and works hard to finish blocks.

in essence, the comment is filler -- nothing else is going on so they're rehashing draft analysis.

342302[/snapback]

Kinda what I thought as well, but really wasn't sure

Guest BackInDaDay

342302[/snapback]

Bullseye!

These no-news stories are basically a rehash of the headline, with some old fatcs added. I'm sure some writer is conjuring up another no-news story on TH as we speak. :doh:

Guest BackInDaDay
with some old fatcs added

342318[/snapback]

Obviously, if you want facts, don't come to me! :doh: