We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Will the Bills call up both Beasley and Brown?  If so, who is the healthy scratch?  I dont think they will have all of our receivers active.  What do you guys think?

I’d go with Smoke Brown. He could open things up and we don’t have that role, the speedster with great playmaking ability, between McKenzie and Shakir.

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seems like a really risky proposition with their offensive line banged up.  Armstead may be playing hurt or miss the game, Brandon shell will probably miss the game.  If armstead and shell can’t go they’ll be starting Greg little who is absolutely horrendous and Robert jones. I don’t think I’d even put a healthy qb behind those guys lol 

It's a fascinating storyline with many layers. 

6 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

That catch was possible but that's as much if not moreso on Josh. Jmo

Looked like Beasley's route had an extra hitch/delay to the inside, which prevented him from getting as wide as Allen expected? And the ball hit his hands. (Yes, it was definitely a heater, but that was an out-breaking route that didn't get far "out" enough...possibly.)

Edited by Richard Noggin

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Looked like Beasley's route had an extra hitch/delay to the inside, which prevented him from getting as wide as Allen expected? And the ball hit his hands. (Yes, it was definitely a heater, but that was an out-breaking route that didn't get far "out" enough...possibly.)

Equally plausible, for sure. Regardless I don't think it was a bad "hands" drop. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Equally plausible, for sure. Regardless I don't think it was a bad "hands" drop. 

That's fair.

Fans...er, people, tend to avoid complex explanations that recognize uncertainty and avoid scapegoating. 

On this play, it's obvious that the pass is thrown very hard and to the outside of the receiver, and that it contacts both outstretched hands but is not caught. 

Honestly, watching the play again now, Beasley either didn't get wide enough and/or just plain dropped a heater. It hit his hands. It led him in the direction the QB expected him to be going. Difficult catch for a shorter guy to make, but he needs to make it. (Getting out of his break with an actual step towards the sideline, rather than a stationary pivot, would have made it easier.)

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Will Tua be a game time decision? If he plays will he even get reps at practice this week? 

Why are people so concerned about practice reps lol it’s the playoffs. The guys been a starter for like 4 years now. It’s not a 45 year old weekend warrior on a golf course for the first time in 9 months. What do you really think these guys need at this stage outside of gameplay installs? The sewn in starting QBs in the league could not touch a ball all week and be fine on game day. It’s like the 3rd time I have seen a practice rep question about Tua. It’d be a concern if it was like a PS guy that hasn’t ever started before or a long term backup but for a legitimate starting QB in the league it’s nothing to not practice

• Disagree 5

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

How did you come to that conclusion based on what he said? I didn't hear that at all. 

I don’t get what all the hubbub is about. If Tua plays, he plays the fact of the matter is, if we can’t beat a tua Miami team we have no business winning a Super Bowl.

The fact of the matter is this we have Josh Allen Josh Allen should be paying child support for all the times over recent years. He has been Miami’s daddy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

How did you come to that conclusion based on what he said? I didn't hear that at all. 

He said he has a "pretty good idea" how it will turn out. Then said coach speak about being prepared for whoever plays. Perhaps reading too much into it but it seemed an odd way to answer the question.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh and the entire bills team didn’t have practices before a couple games recently and they won them. A good vet team can adapt quickly (see also halftime adjustments).  If Goodell lets him play, Tua will be just fine prep wise. 

Edited by Since1981

7 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Wouldn’t be something McD hasn’t done before actually. Member the 2019 playoff game against the Texans? And how heavily we featured Duke Williams? Now, that experiment didn’t really work, but we still should have won. 

I don’t know. It’s tough. We are frustrated about Davis and McKenzie because of drops. But Beasley had a significant drop on MNF against the Bengals. And I remember Smoke with some unfortunate drops in his last season with us. 

Who do you trust? And is any one of them that much more important than the next? 

It’s tough… but my top 2 would be Davis and Smoke.

With Davis, I would imagine his presence on the field would help Allen’s confidence in the playoffs. And perhaps, like Allen, he is one of those dudes that comes up big in the playoffs. 

As for Smoke, our offense is SO MUCH BETTER when Allen has the deep ball working for him and Smoke/Davis/Diggs all have that threat. 

I was tempted to take Beasley as one of my top 2, but we signed him to be the safety valve guy he used to be, yet he has played 3 game and received 1 target in each, so if we aren’t going to really use him to serve that purpose, then what’s the point?

The more I think about it the more I dislike the moves the Bills made at WR. Hodges looks to be a legit WR that could have contributed to the offense. TY Hilton looks to be an upgrade over Brown. Beasley is washed had has little to nothing in the tank. Toney is fast, dynamic and probably better than McKenzie. Easy to criticize after the fact though. 

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Allen has trust and chemistry with Brown and Bease. Gabe has only been used 9% from the slot this year. If you want to scheme up playoff Gabe….put him in the slot

Gabe in the slot is likely a terrible idea. He is very poor at winning contested catches, drops too many balls, and isn't a precise route runner. 

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The more I think about it the more I dislike the moves the Bills made at WR. Hodges looks to be a legit WR that could have contributed to the offense. TY Hilton looks to be an upgrade over Brown. Beasley is washed had has little to nothing in the tank. Toney is fast, dynamic and probably better than McKenzie. Easy to criticize after the fact though. 

Gabe in the slot is likely a terrible idea. He is very poor at winning contested catches, drops too many balls, and isn't a precise route runner. 

Toney is constantly injured. He probably will be out for the AFCCG.

Hodgins reminds me of David Nelson. An OK guy on a team with not much else at the position but not really a legit player on a good team.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

thanks. That is a bit more than he’d usually reveal. I’d guess Bridgewater plays, but he does have a broken finger on his throwing hand I think? Maybe it will be Skylar

Coach says what he says yesterday I think it’s he’s just a bit amused/ticked at the coach speak/gamesmanship coming from Miami.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays but all signs right now point to the worst kept secret in the NFL is Tua is done for the year.   

I know it's the NFL, but hopefully our coaches and leaders are taking a page from Kirby Smart.  He said the Bulldogs were tired of being hunted and decided to be the hunters.  It's corny but the motivational technique worked.  They did not take a play off.

Even though the Bills have not won a SB, it seems like they are everyone's Super Bowl.  They are viewed as the team at the top of the mountain.  They need to go after the Dolphins and whoever else with an intensity we haven't seen since the first two games.  In reality, the Bengals are the kings of the AFC mountain as they are reigning AFC Champs.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.