Anybody ever see comic Brian Regan?

I don't know why I'm posting this. Probably because I'm in Vegas, it's 2 in the morning, and I have to go to the airport at 4:30.

I played golf with Brian on Friday. In my opinion, he's the best comic....well, let me rephrase that.....the funniest comic ever. You could check him out at www.brianregan.com. but he's never really been to western new york.

he's just plain funny, great, clean, and he has a deal with the same guy who created Scrubs for NBC. Same management as Ray Romano, who I just saw last night in Vegas. Ray is really strong, but Brian is funnier. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have seen Brian Regan.

Still checking in to see what's up with my favorite team of all time. I check here 3 times a day, minimum.

Prediction: TH to the Titans for a conditional pick, minimum 4th rounder, as high as a 2nd if TH gets 1200 yards.

I don't know why I'm posting this.  Probably because I'm in Vegas, it's 2 in the morning, and I have to go to the airport at 4:30.

I played golf with Brian on Friday.  In my opinion, he's the best comic....well, let me rephrase that.....the funniest comic ever.  You could check him out at www.brianregan.com.  but he's never really been to western new york. 

he's just plain funny, great, clean, and he has a deal with the same guy who created Scrubs for NBC.  Same management as Ray Romano, who I just saw last night in Vegas.  Ray is really strong, but Brian is funnier.  Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have seen Brian Regan.

Still checking in to see what's up with my favorite team of all time.  I check here 3 times a day, minimum. 

Prediction:  TH to the Titans for a conditional pick, minimum 4th rounder, as high as a 2nd if TH gets 1200 yards.

341955[/snapback]

Never heard of the guy. Thanks for the heads up.

I've been around comedy since the mid 70's.  I've seen many more than I care to mention.  Regan is the best.  Go to his web page and find a clip or something.

341976[/snapback]

Yeah, i saw him 6 yrs ago In Charlotte, NC. He is damn funny!! A very "physical" comedian with lots of funny facial expressions and gestures. Is he getting his own show???

I don't know why I'm posting this.  Probably because I'm in Vegas, it's 2 in the morning, and I have to go to the airport at 4:30.

I played golf with Brian on Friday.  In my opinion, he's the best comic....well, let me rephrase that.....the funniest comic ever.  You could check him out at www.brianregan.com.  but he's never really been to western new york.

341955[/snapback]

That's where you're wrong. When Jerry Seinfeld came to town back in summer of 2002, Regan was the opening act. I'd never heard of him but I thought he was awesome; I've been a fan ever since. He did get a 30 minute "Comedy Central Presents..." episode and if I'm flipping through the channels and see it's on, I usually have to watch it until it's over.

He's great. There's not much else to say.

he's just plain funny, great, clean, and he has a deal with the same guy who created Scrubs for NBC.  Same management as Ray Romano, who I just saw last night in Vegas.  Ray is really strong, but Brian is funnier.  Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have seen Brian Regan.

Still checking in to see what's up with my favorite team of all time.  I check here 3 times a day, minimum. 

Prediction:  TH to the Titans for a conditional pick, minimum 4th rounder, as high as a 2nd if TH gets 1200 yards.

341955[/snapback]

YES--Brian Regan is amazing ...very funny and clean too..Have seen him on TV a million times.

I only saw him on TV. The first time, I think was on HBO's Half Hour Comedy Hour many, many years ago. He was friggin' hilarious and I don't remember ever laughing so hard. I've seen him several times on the tube since then, I would love to see him live sometime.

He signed a deal with Bill Lawrence, the guy who created "Scrubs," and the show will probably be a midseason replacement next year on either CBS or ABC.

He's held off on sitcoms for a long time, waiting for the right vehicle.

I knew that Brian opened for a bunch of Seinfeld dates, but I didn't know he'd been to Buffalo. Maybe they should put that on their schedule for next year.

A guy named Mario Joyner often opens for Seinfeld....and Chris Rock. Likable, but not really that funny. He's got the easiest job in show biz opening for Seinfeld and Rock. Flies around in private jets, gets laid a lot, makes great money, doesn't even have to work that hard.

Mitch Hedberg talked about how because he was in comedy, people always wanted to know "can you act?" or "can you write?". He said it's not like people go up to chefs and say "you're a good cook, can you farm?"

I like Regan. They play him on radio a lot here for the Five Thirty Funnies. It works well because his stuff is clean. I remember one of his jokes about how people on the phone use the phoenetic alphabet, but he couldn't do that because he'd always freeze up: "My confirmation code... uhhh sure... it's 'B' as in "Baked Beans".... 'P' as in "Pneumonia"(?)... 'K' as in Kadaffi... and 'Q' as in... uhhh... "Qadaffi"."

Good stuff. :w00t: