NFL Week 17 2022 (January 1, 2023) TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - Buffalo now getting Miami-NE

chongli

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Good game, but I'd rather get Denver-KC. Miami and New England are out of the division race, but if KC loses, the Bills will be in a position to potentially clinch the number one seed Monday.

KC is not losing to Denver it will be a blow,out

• Like (+1) 2

Major update this morning:

WIVB (CBS 4) in Buffalo is now getting Miami at New England for the early CBS game instead of Indianaoplis at the New York Giants. But Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Utica, etc. is still out of luck.

Map above has been updated.

Also updated:

CBS Early:

San Antonio TX: DEN-KC to JAX-HOU.

Fort Smith AR: MIA-NE to DEN-KC 

Huntsville AL; Chattanooga TN: JAX-HOU to MIA-NE (Fri)

Spokane, Yakima and Kennewick WA; Lewiston ID: IND-NYG to MIA-NE (Fri)

Little Rock AR: MIA-NE to DEN-KC (Fri)

CBS Late:

Bend OR: MIN-GB to LAR-LAC 

FOX Single:

San Diego CA: SF-LV to NO-PHI 

St. Louis and Columbia MO: CAR-TB to CHI-DET 

West Palm Beach FL; Providence RI; Portland and Bangor ME: NYJ-SEA to CAR-TB

Edited by chongli

Just now, chongli said:

Major update this morning:

WIVB (CBS 4) in Buffalo is now getting Miami at New England for the early CBS game instead of Indianaoplis at the New York Giants. But Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, etc. is still out of luck.

Map above has been updated.

Yes Yes Yes GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to NFL Week 17 2022 (January 1, 2023) TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - Buffalo now getting Miami-NE
On 12/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, chongli said:

I went to college in Rochester. We had so many NYC students there. They tried to get me to change the TV station on the public TV in the student center in the 80's to CBS pre-game show (they covered the NFC and Giants at the time) from the NBC pre-game show (they covered the AFC and the Bills). Me and my friend said no, this is Buffalo country!

I, for one, salute you sir!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4725y31b7t6w4wn05v3p

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BRH said:

Hate that there are still too many Giants fans in Rochester that the affiliates won’t get rid of a boring-ass Giants game and let the rest of us watch a game that matters a little. 

Yeah, they never give Rochester the same privileges as Buffalo. Back in 80's, I was set to watch the Bills game there. It was a late 4 PM start, but the 1 PM game ran late. In Buffalo, they break away for the Bills game, but not in Rochester (at least not at that time). I wound up missing the first two drives of the game. Of course, I was pissed. Hope it's changed now 

Edited by chongli
Typo.

3 hours ago, chongli said:

Yeah, they never give Rochester the same privileges as Buffalo. Back in 80's, I was set to watch the Bills game there. It was a late 4 PM start, but the 1 PM game ran late. In Buffalo, they break away for the Bills game, but not in Rochester (at least not at that time). I wound up missing the first two drives of the game. Of course, I was pissed. Hope it's changed now 

That’s definitely changed.  40 years ago there were a lot more Giants/Browns fans here than there are now.  Most of them have died off. :)

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BRH said:

That’s definitely changed.  40 years ago there were a lot more Giants/Browns fans here than there are now.  Most of them have died off. :)

I hear you, but CBS in Rochester (and most of upstate NY besides Buffalo and the northeast corner that is serviced by Burlington) is still showing the Giants this Sunday! I'm no longer there, but my area is getting Denver-KC, lol. 

Firstly, all the very best to Damar Hamlin, get well soon, every Buffalo fan is with you at this time.

I just want to give my best wishes to the Buffalo Bills organization, including friends and families of the team and all Bills fans the world over.

I also want to give credit to Kirsten Watson, Gregg Rosenthal and MJD as well. It must have been so difficult for them to broadcast as long as they did on Channel 5 in the UK (and parts of Europe). There was someone even watching from Brazil! Like i said previously it this thread, the show is advert free and they were on screen a lot. 

The show is a bit wacky at times but you could see their facial expressions change and their off screen looking at other cameras that must have been so difficult to endure. To give an example MJD last night asked if Kirsten would date a guy dressed like Jamarr Chase did pregame (she gave a professional diplomatic reply) to news breaking of the ambulance and CPR being given within ninety minutes of the broadcast starting.

Channel 5 then cut way from the game quicker than Sky did and a couple of travel documentaries before announcing the postponement. That will be the last MNF on Channel 5 this season irrespective of what happens with rescheduling (that is understandable).

At 3.15 am in the morning, I was in complete shock. Given that the rest of the house was sleeping, all I could do was switch over to CNN International and follow TBD on an ancient android tablet. I was waiting for a press conference or formal announcement on screen but CNN didn't show that live.

The TBD posters on the main injury thread did a great job, 99.9% of you! Went to sleep at 6am and woke up at 8am!

Whatever the Buffalo Bills decide to do I will stand in line behind them. Forfeit the CIN game, play the CiN game, kneel down all game vs NE, withdraw from the postseason etc.

Not being American, it just somehow seems that Cincinnati and Buffalo are somehow aligned. With the way the drought ended and how gracious and caring Cincinnati are in this current situation, should I ever visit the USA again Cincinnati will be on the schedule before or after Buffalo. 

All the best from Europe

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, quincy said:

Firstly, all the very best to Damar Hamlin, get well soon, every Buffalo fan is with you at this time.

I just want to give my best wishes to the Buffalo Bills organization, including friends and families of the team and all Bills fans the world over.

I also want to give credit to Kirsten Watson, Gregg Rosenthal and MJD as well. It must have been so difficult for them to broadcast as long as they did on Channel 5 in the UK (and parts of Europe). There was someone even watching from Brazil! Like i said previously it this thread, the show is advert free and they were on screen a lot. 

The show is a bit wacky at times but you could see their facial expressions change and their off screen looking at other cameras that must have been so difficult to endure. To give an example MJD last night asked if Kirsten would date a guy dressed like Jamarr Chase did pregame (she gave a professional diplomatic reply) to news breaking of the ambulance and CPR being given within ninety minutes of the broadcast starting.

Channel 5 then cut way from the game quicker than Sky did and a couple of travel documentaries before announcing the postponement. That will be the last MNF on Channel 5 this season irrespective of what happens with rescheduling (that is understandable).

At 3.15 am in the morning, I was in complete shock. Given that the rest of the house was sleeping, all I could do was switch over to CNN International and follow TBD on an ancient android tablet. I was waiting for a press conference or formal announcement on screen but CNN didn't show that live.

The TBD posters on the main injury thread did a great job, 99.9% of you! Went to sleep at 6am and woke up at 8am!

Whatever the Buffalo Bills decide to do I will stand in line behind them. Forfeit the CIN game, play the CiN game, kneel down all game vs NE, withdraw from the postseason etc.

Not being American, it just somehow seems that Cincinnati and Buffalo are somehow aligned. With the way the drought ended and how gracious and caring Cincinnati are in this current situation, should I ever visit the USA again Cincinnati will be on the schedule before or after Buffalo. 

All the best from Europe

Thanks for giving us what people in the UK saw. Yeah, Sky and 99 Yards had nothing about this last time I checked. Probably wanted to avoid discussing the situation. Their sites and twitter might have changed since. Not sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.