Republican George Santos aka "Anthony Devolder" He Was Given Committee Assignments?????

Tiberius

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I bet you could never get away with saying that 

If Joke could...

29 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You are like a broken record of stupidity. 

You aspire to stupid neddy.  Go wipe off your chin.

What Santos did was utterly ridiculous…of course. With that said, I know nothing at all about the race he ran, or how he advertised himself. Do any of you? I’ve said it before…I’ve voted for hundreds of candidates over the decades and I don’t know where a single one of them went to college. Did Santos run unopposed? What was his opponent doing during the  entire campaign? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

And while he's slimy for doing what he did, Santos trolled the left.  He lied about being all these woke things and no one bothered to vet him. 

Help me out here…as I honestly don’t know. Is the contention that he lied about working for Goldman Sachs? How did that come up in his campaign and why would working at a big Wall Street firm be considered a plus? Or….did he lie about his ‘lifestyle’ and beliefs? 

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Help me out here…as I honestly don’t know. Is the contention that he lied about working for Goldman Sachs? How did that come up in his campaign and why would working at a big Wall Street firm be considered a plus? Or….did he lie about his ‘lifestyle’ and beliefs? 

Sounds like he lied about everything, many of them "woke" things.  And as a result, no one bothered to vet what he claimed.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sounds like he lied about everything, many of them "woke" things.  And as a result, no one bothered to vet what he claimed.

Thanks, that’s what I’m beginning to surmise, but nobody is saying it out loud. Instead we get the narrative that he lied about attending some college that nobody ever heard of. I’m willing to bet that virtually nobody in his district knows where his resume says he went to college. I know I’ve never asked that if a candidate in my own district. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks, that’s what I’m beginning to surmise, but nobody is saying it out loud. Instead we get the narrative that he lied about attending some college that nobody ever heard of. I’m willing to bet that virtually nobody in his district knows where his resume says he went to college. I know I’ve never asked that if a candidate in my own district. 

You would think that a R running in NYS would be investigated somewhat. 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:29 AM, SoCal Deek said:

What Santos did was utterly ridiculous…of course. With that said, I know nothing at all about the race he ran, or how he advertised himself. Do any of you? I’ve said it before…I’ve voted for hundreds of candidates over the decades and I don’t know where a single one of them went to college. Did Santos run unopposed? What was his opponent doing during the  entire campaign? 

that's on you.  Small LI newspaper raised their antennae.  No one listened.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  

good job LI and  go J-E-T_s😒  Yay, populism.

Edited by redtail hawk

• Tiberius changed the title to Republican George Santos aka "Anthony Devolder"

Santos is being given seats on two committees. The GOP is just an open corruption ring 

There is a big difference between the parties 

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/17/george-santos-committee-assignments-congress

LOL, this is funny, look at the committees this POS will represent the GOP on! 🤣

Driving the news: Santos on Tuesday got a seat on the House Committee on Small Business, a committee spokesperson confirmed, and a seat on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, per three House Steering Committee members.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:12 AM, Doc said:

Truthfully, almost everyone lies about supporting and believing those "woke things".  They lie to keep their jobs, get along, and go along with the crowd.  Look no further than Hollywood as a clear example.  You want to work and remain relevant, you go along.  Focusing on things like proper pronouns?  Laughable and frivolous for anyone dealing with real life struggles.  Pretending to believe in Woke is the modern day rendition of the Emperors New Clothes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Scroll back in this thread and you'll see my comment that there's something really fishy about this ostensibly gay man (and I do believe he's gay) marrying a Brazilian woman c. 2012. Here's a guy (on a conservative website!) who seems to know a thing or two about immigration law digging a little deeper:

https://cis.org/North/NY-TimesGeorge-SantosImmigrationMarriage-Maze

Both parties are at fault for not vetting his resume before the elections of 2020 and 2022; he lost the first time, and won the second time.

But I think it is only fair to examine and amplify an immigration-related implication that has been laid on him, more or less in passing, by the New York Times in its lead story in the Sunday paper on January 15:

"Mr. Santos, who is openly gay, had been married to a woman. The report did not offer conclusive details, but some people briefed on the findings wondered          whether the marriage was done for immigration purposes."

Although that article ran on for 91 column-inches in the print edition, there was no follow-up text on “the immigration purposes” charge. The suggestion was just left hanging there."

Was that for her immigration purposes, or for his?

Believe me, there's more to come on this angle, but he'll benefit from the largely pro-Democratic mainstream media shying away from anything that suggest immigration fraud (since all immigrants are obviously good and noble), and from the conservative media being more interested in protecting their slim majority than in asking obvious questions.