OT: I AM FREE!!

I've probably gained a reputation for starting "my job sucks" threads. I quit today!!

Ironically, this is the 7th anniversary of my start date!

I AM FREE!!!!!!

On to the new employer.... and hopefully my own business.

-Jeff

I've probably gained a reputation for starting "my job sucks" threads. I quit today!!

Ironically, this is the 7th anniversary of my start date!

I AM FREE!!!!!!

On to the new employer.... and hopefully my own business.

-Jeff

341409[/snapback]

Congrats!

It's only going to get better.

Try running your own business or start out as a individual contractor.

What do you do?

Did you tell them what to do with their job? :blink:

Congrats!

It's only going to get better.

Try running your own business or start out as a individual contractor.

What do you do?

Did you tell them what to do with their job? :blink:

341417[/snapback]

I do software engineering/development in a fairly low-level space. I'm going to work for another "man" now to cover the bills while I get started.

I actually offered my services on a contractual basis to my current shop, you know, don't burn bridges... build them.

-Jeff

I do software engineering/development in a fairly low-level space.  I'm going to work for another "man" now to cover the bills while I get started.

I actually offered my services on a contractual basis to my current shop, you know, don't burn bridges... build them.

-Jeff

341421[/snapback]

Well, good luck. Look into avenues that offer ways to contract out your services... eventually you'll be able to start your own business with any luck. Can you grab some clients away from your old company?

Well, good luck. Look into avenues that offer ways to contract out your services... eventually you'll be able to start your own business with any luck. Can you grab some clients away from your old company?

341425[/snapback]

I'm trying to make my old company a client =)

Did the same thing a year ago, and in the words of Kramer "I'm living the dream, Jerry."

Congratulations. Life on your own terms has more meaning.

341446[/snapback]

I took a less demanding full time job so I still have the income while I get off my feet.. hopefully I can go full independent in ~18 months... speed up or slow down as business/time dictates. Not in a hurry, taking my sweet time!