Latest Technology To Prevent DVD Piracy

Rico

If at first you don't succeed... :blink:

Here's how the system might work:

At the store, someone buying a new DVD would have to provide a password or some kind of biometric data, like a fingerprint or iris scan, which would be added to the DVD's RFID tag.

Then, when the DVD was popped into a specially equipped DVD player, the viewer would be required to re-enter his or her password or fingerprint. The system would require consumers to buy new DVD players with RFID readers.

:huh::doh:B-):lol::lol:

So what are they trying to do bring back VHS?  Seriously, nobody in their right mind will allow this to get to market.  It'd be huge disaster.

341516[/snapback]

Don't worry this b.s. is much the same garbage being spewed similar to the early 80's. These studios are losing millions on a lost cause.

They claim piracy will kills sales. What did the VCR end up doing for these greedy bastards?

:blink:

Don't worry this b.s. is much the same garbage being spewed similar to the early 80's.  These studios are losing millions on a lost cause. 

They claim piracy will kills sales.  What did the VCR end up doing for these greedy bastards? 

:blink:

341666[/snapback]

Yeah I'm not worried about it because what they for some reason have yet to realize whatever measures they develop will be matched by something to foil those measures. This one just seemed particularly ridiculous. I can just imagine my 80 year old Grandfather trying to watch a DVD if this plan were implemented.

this will take off as far as those old DIVX players/rentals

not to be confused with those more recent fabulous divx/xvid players

341791[/snapback]

FLMAO@your avvy! Who is that kid and why is she reacting that way?

Maybe they'll require a plaster cast of the buyer's privates, or at least a xerox copy of them.

This article makes me certain they're working on a way to patent the sun.

Everyone will then have to pay a sun tax.

Then of course, they'll find a way to outsource the daily operation of the sun and the lowest bidders will do a shoddy job, not understand the scope of work, and ultimately fail. The earth will swerve out of it's orbit and we'll be burnt to a crisp like Icarus. And all for a few lousy movies filled with cheap thrills.

Oh, the humanity!

Maybe they'll require a plaster cast of the buyer's privates, or at least a xerox copy of them.

This article makes me certain they're working on a way to patent the sun.

Everyone will then have to pay a sun tax.

Then of course, they'll find a way to outsource the daily operation of the sun and the lowest bidders will do a shoddy job, not understand the scope of work, and ultimately fail. The earth will swerve out of it's orbit and we'll be burnt to a crisp like Icarus. And all for a few lousy movies filled with cheap thrills.

Oh, the humanity!

341900[/snapback]

Didnt the Bible predict this or something? Everyone is going to have a bar code implanted on their wrist to buy DVD's and music, then you hafta scan your barcode to watch/play your disc? :blink:

Didnt the Bible predict this or something? Everyone is going to have a bar code implanted on their wrist to buy DVD's and music, then you hafta scan your barcode to watch/play your disc? :P

341918[/snapback]

Exactly! The final sign will be when Walmart has them all on sale for $6.66 :blink: