Best Way To Watch NFL Network For One Game ?????????????

ExiledInIllinois

11 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, the grandfathering kept me in for a long while until...it didn't make financial sense anymore.  I'll bet there r some lawyers on the site that would be interested in a class action suit.  ATT is a big target.  So far very happy with youtube tv:  unlimited DVR, good streaming quality, handy interface especially for library recordings, good channel selection including local PBS.  Don't fall for the 4k upgrade-very little content available.  Not sure why other sources can't keep up with Netflix and Amazon in 4k content.  I do resent putting up with shoddy service in the beginning while they worked out the many bugs.  I thought that was the cost for the lifetime price guarantee.  Interesting piece on the subject:  https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/08/att-completes-directv-spinoff-after-6-years-of-utter-failure-and-ineptitude/

As much as I would like to switch, I think I'm staying for now.  After taking a look at YouTube TV it would have only saved me $5 for apples to apples.  That's because for whatever reason I'm getting HBO for $5, and YouTube charges $15.  I like it for the HBO Max app.  Anyway, YouTube would've been $65 + $15 and DirecTV is $80 + $5.  Not worth it for me, I'm generally satisfied with the programming, even though DVR is limited to 20 hours.  Just not happy how they treated us early adopters.  Anyway, I'll give YouTube TV a shot with the free trial so I can see the game this weekend!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

So, how did it work out for you? 

I was a legacy cable subscriber since 1996. I called to get NFLnetwork... I upgraded my plan.  I had to get new Set Top Boxes (STB)... Had Legacy Boxes... I now have DVR.

Doesn't come out to be that much more a month. I might actually enjoy the NFLnetwork... Get like +85 more channels too or something like that. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.