Ricky Williams

Shula must be sh**ing bricks. Ther Felons have courted a long line of dirtballs now they want Ricky back. There is the matter however of his drug suspension. T

Yeah, I doubt they get much, considering RW has to sit-out 4 games.  And has he even filed for reinstatement yet?

340897[/snapback]

Four games??? I thought he had a couple of violations which would end up getting him a year off.

Four games???  I thought he had a couple of violations which would end up getting him a year off.

340916[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same thing. He had three drug test failures, which carries a mandatory 1 year suspension...

I bet he'll try to claim that he retired before the 3rd one was in effect, so that doesn't count or some crap like that.

And the league will "just give it to him."

:)

CW

Four games???  I thought he had a couple of violations which would end up getting him a year off.

340916[/snapback]

I believe the wording of the rules are that if you retire to elude a drug suspension you're automatically suspended for a year if you choose to return...

I just hope the NFL has the gonads to stand by that ruling if ricky does choose to come back.

I believe the wording of the rules are that if you retire to elude a drug suspension you're automatically suspended for a year if you choose to return... 

I just hope the NFL has the gonads to stand by that ruling if ricky does choose to come back.

340926[/snapback]

They'll find a secret memo somewhere. You know, from the same place the NHL found theirs in June of '99.

That's what I was thinking (i.e. that he'd be suspended for at least a year for retiring after a 3rd failed drug test), but the NFL worked out a deal with him so that he'd just miss 4 games. Remember they were going to allow him to serve that suspension at the end of LAST year, but he didn't file his papers in time. What a fuggin' joke! He should have been suspended for life for admitting to using a masking agent.