(OT) How many people do you count?

Ok i think i have it... After ten !@#$ing minutes wasted watching the thing intently, the best guess i have is this...Each person loses a bit of themselves when there is a switch, the first guy on the left loses a bit of his head, etc. So, when the switch occurs, there is the same amount of those people, its just that a little bit was stolen from each of them to help create the appearance of a third person. I think... Either that or i am just a complete moron. !@#$ you detoxsmurf... i feel like an idiot and it is all your fault. I think i am going to go somewhere and weep.

(Really cool by the way)

Ok i think i have it... After ten !@#$ing minutes wasted watching the thing intently, the best guess i have is this...Each person loses a bit of themselves when there is a switch, the first guy on the left loses a bit of his head, etc. So, when the switch occurs, there is the same amount of those people, its just that a little bit was stolen from each of them to help create the appearance of a third person. I think... Either that or i am just a complete moron. !@#$ you detoxsmurf... i feel like an idiot and it is all your fault. I think i am going to go somewhere and weep.

Well, what you are saying is true....however I cant account for the formation of another head... UGH this is terrible (im sure it is simple once you know what is up)

I cant believe some of you have not seen this before. I saw it at least three years ago.

Though, I still cant explain it. :blink:

340780[/snapback]

You're still trying to figure out the mystery math equation that predicts the number you guessed. :huh:

The guy in the forth row is added to the the second row. This gives the population one more guy

because you are not replacing a man for a man. This is because the very first guy adds nothing to the second group but the top 4th row guy adds one man to the first group.

Another way to look at it is row 4 is replaced by row one, but row two is replaced by row 4 which has 3 people in it not 2.

The guy in the forth row is added to the the second row. This gives the population one more guy

because you are not replacing a man for a man. This is because the very first guy adds nothing to the second group but the top 4th row guy adds one man to the first group.

Another way to look at it is row 4 is replaced by row one, but row two is replaced by row 4 which has 3 people in it not 2.

341469[/snapback]

Gggrrreaauw! I'm sure you have it, but I can't see it even when you tell me!

is this some type of Jedi mind trick?