Vikes could use a starting RB...

KFFL is now reporting gone for the year, which means he failed another drug test. Article says it has nothing to do with the whiz bang gadget.

340645[/snapback]

Mort stated on ESPN he missed a mando test which counts as a positive test, meaning strike 3 for him and an automatic 1 year suspension.

The Vikes need a STARTING RB.  Currently they have a stable of them.

340403[/snapback]

No. They DON'T NEED a starting running back because, as Ramius put it, "they have michael bennett, moe williams, mewelde moore, and they drafted ciatrick fason".

And they have Culpepper at QB - tough running QB and grat downfield passer even with out Moss. There is no "moss" in "team", right?

They are just fine at RB. Trust me.

No.  They DON'T NEED a starting running back because, as Ramius put it, "they have michael bennett, moe williams, mewelde moore, and they drafted ciatrick fason". 

And they have Culpepper at QB - tough running QB and grat downfield passer even with out Moss.  There is no "moss" in "team", right? 

They are just fine at RB.  Trust me.

I hope you're kidding. As I said in another thread, Burleson is going to struggle without Moss absorbing most of the attention. And that will have a ripple effect throughout the offense. If anyone thinks that the Vikes' offense will be BETTER without Moss, they're seriously deluded.

I hope you're kidding.  As I said in another thread, Burleson is going to struggle without Moss absorbing most of the attention.  And that will have a ripple effect throughout the offense.  If anyone thinks that the Vikes' offense will be BETTER without Moss, they're seriously deluded.

340794[/snapback]

Actually take a look back..burleson did pretty damn good even when moss was hurt...

Actually take a look back..burleson did pretty damn good even when moss was hurt...

I looked. Moss played-in 12 games and demanded his usual extra attention in all of them, even when hobbled because he was still a threat to burn you. He missed 4 games. In those 4 games, Burleson had 1 really good game (GB in November, where he had 11 catches fof 141 yards and a TD, but Jermaine Wiggins had 6 catches for 94 yards and a TD, for comparison's sake), but the other 3 he had 12 catches for 113 yards and 2 TD's. That would be like saying that Lee will improve upon last year's numbers if Eric is gone. Is anyone willing to admit that?

I looked.  Moss played-in 12 games and demanded his usual extra attention in all of them, even when hobbled because he was still a threat to burn you.  He missed 4 games.  In those 4 games, Burleson had 1 really good game (GB in November, where he had 11 catches fof 141 yards and a TD, but Jermaine Wiggins had 6 catches for 94 yards and a TD, for comparison's sake), but the other 3 he had 12 catches for 113 yards and 2 TD's.  That would be like saying that Lee will improve upon last year's numbers if Eric is gone.  Is anyone willing to admit that?

340807[/snapback]

No, I am not kidding about the Vikings not needing a starting RB.

Is their offense going to be as good as it was with Moss? No. Will Burelson post numbers like last year with their 1st rounder (WR) instead of Moss? No.

But, will it be "ok" based on the fact they won't need to score as much b/c of their improved D-fense? Yes.

You stated they need a starting RB and should trade for Henry. I say they won't even consider it unless 2 of the 4 remaining RB's "drop". O Smith has already been suspended for 1 year but the cobmination of the other 4 will be just fine, IMHO.