Free agent offensive lineman Greg Jerman visits?

From http://nfldraft.scout.com

SCOUTING REPORT

Greg Jerman      Baylor      6-5|298|5.28    5Sr

STATS & BIO: Three-year starter that may projects to guard at the next level.

THE GOOD: Hard working and patient lineman with limited upside potential.  Effectively uses good body positioning, stays square and keeps opponents in front of him.  Works his hands, displays the ability to turn opponents out and also effective chop blocking. 

THE BAD: Does not play with leverage and does more arm wrestling than blocking with his legs.  Ineffective moving in space and best in very restricted quarters.

THE SKINNY:  Gives good effort but only a limited athlete.  Free Agent.

and from NFL Draft Interactive Jerman has trouble against speed pass rushers, and is only ok against run defense.

From http://nfldraft.scout.com

Greg Jerman      Baylor      6-5|298|5.28    5Sr

STATS & BIO: Three-year starter that may projects to guard at the next level.

THE GOOD: Hard working and patient lineman with limited upside potential.  Effectively uses good body positioning, stays square and keeps opponents in front of him.  Works his hands, displays the ability to turn opponents out and also effective chop blocking. 

THE BAD: Does not play with leverage and does more arm wrestling than blocking with his legs.  Ineffective moving in space and best in very restricted quarters.

THE SKINNY:  Gives good effort but only a limited athlete.  Free Agent.

=================================================

and from NFL Draft Interactive Jerman has trouble against speed pass rushers, and is only ok against run defense.

340321[/snapback]

Can you get the book on Spikes, Kelly or Thurman? I'd love to see the rundown. I've got a good idea that these guys that make this stuff up and talking out there ass!

Jeff

Can you get the book on Spikes, Kelly or Thurman? I'd love to see the rundown. I've got a good idea that these guys that make this stuff up and talking out there ass!

Jeff

340335[/snapback]

I don't have anything on Kelly or Thomas but here's CNNSI's predraft bio on Spikes

Takeo Spikes

MLB, Auburn

Name Jsy College HT WT

Takeo Spikes 55 Auburn  6007 234

40 BP SS LS VJ BJ Grade Rd.

4.6 27 N/A N/A 37 10’04” 7 1

Summary

He is one of the hottest young players in this draft, and probably the best MLB. He is an outstanding producer over the last 3 seasons, and he is another sideline to sideline guy. He has a great motor, he has excellent quickness to the hole, and holds up well at the POA, and he has the ability to avoid and slip blocks and chase down plays. He can also drop into coverage and can play inside or outside. He is a dominating player that is fun to watch. He will likely be gone by the middle part of the 1st round, if he can fit with a team picking that high.

Because god knows we need more Guards:

Chris Villarial

Bennie Anderson (2005 Addition)

Ross Tucker

Lawrence Smith

Ben Sobieski

Justin Geisinger (2005 Addition)

Justin Bannan

Not to mention the countless other camp fodder OG's we're bringing in. I feel like TD is trying the Patriots approach. Bring in cheap unknowns, plug them in, and watch them take off. The only problem is the Patriots have a super bowl squad around them. We don't.

We've had enough Guards come through. When are we going to see some Tackles? Shelton gets cut and we're focusing on Jerman? Whatever.

Chris Villarial

Ross Tucker

Lawrence Smith

Ben Sobieski

Justin Bannan

Not to mention the countless other camp fodder OG's we're bringing in. I feel like TD is trying the Patriots approach. Bring in cheap unknowns, plug them in, and watch them take off. The only problem is the Patriots have a super bowl squad around them. We don't.

We've had enough Guards come through. When are we going to see some Tackles? Shelton gets cut and we're focusing on Jerman? Whatever.

340468[/snapback]

but...

but...

but...

he's a free agent!

Chris Villarial

Ross Tucker

Lawrence Smith

Ben Sobieski

Justin Bannan

340468[/snapback]

Good point Rook. I'd feel a lot better with a few tackles stopping by also.

Guest BackInDaDay
Good point Rook.  I'd feel a lot better with a few tackles stopping by also.

340731[/snapback]

Someone please tell TD that the 3-4 is a D alignment. :)