Star Wars post about Ep III (spoilers inside)

well, for those that saw it, what did you think.

i thaught it was the best starwars movie, (competing with episode 5).

lots of action and good special effects.

funny at times, and violent. (killin the kids was unexpected..  :wacko: )

the only negative thing i could say about it was the emperor's face after the fight with S. L. Jackson. it looked like a holloween mask. (spen millions on special effects and spend 10 bucks on makeup).

and the idiot dressed as Darth Vader who the theater hired to do a little double light saber sword fighting thing while we were waiting fo rthe movie to start..  :wacko:

340032[/snapback]

I liked the movie, but a major qualm i had was that too many of the lightsaber duel scenes wree filmed too close up...too many face shots with barely seeing any dueling techniques, only flashing lightsabers...lucas needed to back up the cameras during a lot of the duels and show the actual fighting...

On the plus side, he did a great job with the writing of the sequence between anakin and obi-wan at the end...great battle, and great acting...

I only wish Samuel Jackson would have gone off shouting at some point like in all of his other movies...when hes fighting palpatine, i would have loved to hear "Anakin, dont be such a f*ckin B word, i'm gonna kill this mothaf*ckin sith, right the f*ck now..."

I liked the movie, but a major qualm i had was that too many of the lightsaber duel scenes wree filmed too close up...too many face shots with barely seeing any dueling techniques, only flashing lightsabers...lucas needed to back up the cameras during a lot of the duels and show the actual fighting...

On the plus side, he did a great job with the writing of the sequence between anakin and obi-wan at the end...great battle, and great acting...

I only wish Samuel Jackson would have gone off shouting at some point like in all of his other movies...when hes fighting palpatine, i would have loved to hear "Anakin, dont be such a f*ckin B word, i'm gonna kill this mothaf*ckin sith, right the f*ck now..."

340228[/snapback]

That would make it "R" rated - which would be a dumb move on their part. :wacko:

That would make it "R" rated - which would be a dumb move on their part. :wacko:

340232[/snapback]

oh i know, just wishful thinking, because Sammy look like he wanted to flip out on someone, be it palpatine or anakin :wacko:

340228[/snapback]

i do think they shot the fighting scenes to close, but i guess they wouldnt have looked as good if the camera wasnt as far back.

i can see Jackson quoting some bible passage right befor he tries to kill the palpatine. :wacko:

great acting fo the most part. GREAT space ship battle scenes.

I have a question. This may sound silly, but how were the lines at the concession stands? I love movie popcorn (and found out it's secret - it's popped in coconut oil - which is 90+ % saturated fat).

After the long waits that folks have spoken about, were there any fistfights or some such? :wacko:

340226[/snapback]

they were bad. the theater had 10 screens showing the movie. they actually had carts of stuff to sell you inside, where you were sitting in your seats, so you would not have to leave to go to the concession stands.

they actually had carts of stuff to sell you inside, where you were sitting in your seats, so you would not have to leave to go to the concession stands.

340253[/snapback]

BRILLIANT!

they were bad. the theater had 10 screens showing the movie. they actually had carts of stuff to sell you inside, where you were sitting in your seats, so you would not have to leave to go to the concession stands.

340253[/snapback]

That was a good idea. Probably thought up by some low-level worker that will result in a fat bonus for the big shots. :wacko::wacko: