Tennesee and Buffalo discussing Henry

Uh, Travis is not a free agent, he is under contract to the Bills. Thus, the only way he leaves is if the Bills release him or trade him. In neither event do we receive a compensatory draft pick in the 2006 draft for him.

340388[/snapback]

I disagree that there is nowhere he can start.

Philly (Obvious)

Tennessee (Brown is injury prone, and TH is from TN)

Arizona (JJ is a crapshoot at this point)

Pittsburgh (Is the bus REALLY coming back?)

Minnesota (Smith suspended for year.  TH is better than Bennett)

Cleveland (Lee Suggs?  Give me a break)

Jacksonville (Fred Taylor is done.)

Carolina (what is the status of Steven Davis?)

Tampa Bay (Pittman?)

San Fran (Barlow is not fitting in....Gore is not likely to be a starter)

Green Bay (Davenport is holding out, and green is in trouble with the law.)

And he could start in oakland and Atlanta, but that is not likely to happen.

Bottom line is that there are many teams where he would be the better man for the job. This is all barring injuries which will happen.  I really think he will be starting SOMEWHERE next season...

340723[/snapback]

First, the compensatory pick would be awarded NEXT season after he does become a free agent. Of course, the problem would likely be two less active seasons, so a 3rd is probably wishful thinking at that point.

Second, to refute many of the teams identified as TH targets:

Tennessee (Brown is injury prone, which is why Tenn is still in the mix, so this one is viable)

Arizona (JJ is a crapshoot at this point, but clearly more appealing to the cards than TH was which is why they would not surrender a pick for him).

Pittsburgh (Is the bus REALLY coming back? Yes, and so is Duce Staley. I may feel that TH would be an upgrade, but I doubt the Steelers are thinking that)

Minnesota (Smith being out helps the glut of RB's there. Adding TH would just muddy that picture again).

Cleveland (Suggs showed flashes, but they also just traded for Droughns, so they are not a player here.)

Jacksonville (Fred Taylor is done (allegedly) which is why they too are still viable.)

Carolina (Davis is likely done, but they have Foster, Goings and drafted someone who will also compete. They are not showing interest either.)

Tampa Bay (UH, THEY JUST DRAFTED CADDILAC WILLIAMS. No longer interested)

San Fran (They probably should be involved, but I've seen nothing indicating they are.)

Green Bay (Davenport and Green will be on the field by the season opener, so they will have no interest.)

He could compete in Oakland, but they just committed to Jordan, so they are NOT interested and Atlanta is happy with Dunn and Duckett, so they have no interest either.

Now I don't have TD's line tapped, so maybe some of these teams have interest, but even if so, they clearly are set enough to shy away from TD's asking price. All he has left now is to hope someone goes down and feels desparate enough to look this way again.

First, the compensatory pick would be awarded NEXT season after he does become a free agent.  Of course, the problem would likely be two less active seasons, so a 3rd is probably wishful thinking at that point.

Tennessee (Brown is injury prone, which is why Tenn is still in the mix, so this one is viable)

Arizona (JJ is a crapshoot at this point, but clearly more appealing to the cards than TH was which is why they would not surrender a pick for him).

Pittsburgh (Is the bus REALLY coming back? Yes, and so is Duce Staley.  I may feel that TH would be an upgrade, but I doubt the Steelers are thinking that)

Minnesota (Smith being out helps the glut of RB's there.  Adding TH would just muddy that picture again).

Cleveland (Suggs showed flashes, but they also just traded for Droughns, so they are not a player here.)

Jacksonville (Fred Taylor is done (allegedly) which is why they too are still viable.)

Carolina (Davis is likely done, but they have Foster, Goings and drafted someone who will also compete.  They are not showing interest either.)

Tampa Bay (UH, THEY JUST DRAFTED CADDILAC WILLIAMS.  No longer interested)

San Fran (They probably should be involved, but I've seen nothing indicating they are.)

Green Bay (Davenport and Green will be on the field by the season opener, so they will have no interest.)

He could compete in Oakland, but they just committed to Jordan, so they are NOT interested and Atlanta is happy with Dunn and Duckett, so they have no interest either.

Now I don't have TD's line tapped, so maybe some of these teams have interest, but even if so, they clearly are set enough to shy away from TD's asking price.  All he has left now is to hope someone goes down and feels desparate enough to look this way again.

340738[/snapback]

Good response. Yeah pretty much at this point Tenny is really the only option it appears and they drafted Nash last year mid round, and just picked up Reyes, so it would be questionable if they would chance it. Plus when Brown is only a 2nd year player and 1 year starter so it is hard to call him injury prone. But last year when he was starting he looked real good.

Agreed that SF should be looking but they just gave Barlow a huge contract bonus so it looks like he is going to stay the starter.

Arizona also has Shipp and Hambrick who have both started and have shown flashes in the past so they really don't need another.

Right on with oakland, they just gave Jordan 24 million, they are not trading for another back.

So in reality there are no available starting job right now in the NFL and only Tenny is a possibility but highly unlikely.

First, the compensatory pick would be awarded NEXT season after he does become a free agent. Of course, the problem would likely be two less active seasons, so a 3rd is probably wishful thinking at that point.

Pittsburgh (Is the bus REALLY coming back? Yes, and so is Duce Staley. I may feel that TH would be an upgrade, but I doubt the Steelers are thinking that)

Minnesota (Smith being out helps the glut of RB's there. Adding TH would just muddy that picture again).

Carolina (Davis is likely done, but they have Foster, Goings and drafted someone who will also compete. They are not showing interest either.)

Tampa Bay (UH, THEY JUST DRAFTED CADDILAC WILLIAMS. No longer interested)

Now I don't have TD's line tapped, so maybe some of these teams have interest, but even if so, they clearly are set enough to shy away from TD's asking price. All he has left now is to hope someone goes down and feels desparate enough to look this way again.

My point was to identify teams where he COULD start, not necesarily teams who are interested in him. With the exception of Tampa Bay (I forgot about the caddilac), I stand by my list.

My point was to identify teams where he COULD start, not necesarily teams who are interested in him.  With the exception of Tampa Bay (I forgot about the caddilac), I stand by my list.

340753[/snapback]

But Davenport just signed a new contract, and is working with Rosenhaus to get a long term deal. He commiteed to not sit out. So TH could not start there.

There is not one of those teams that he could start on, and only Tenny if the injury to brown is worse then reported.