More props for Steve Nash

Interestingly enough, as I've spent the last couple weeks realizing that I'm unconsciously rooting hard for the Suns every time I watch them, I've been thinking of ya' (is that unhealthy?)

Not so long ago I was poking much fun at the voters who gave Nash an MVP instead of Duncan, Iverson or a couple others. Now that I've actually seen the Suns a few times, Mr Nash has shut my fat yap. Watching him this series has been exhilirating and just when you think he can't do anything else, he pulls down over a dozen boards in the biggest game of the year!

For all his outstanding shooting, his subtly brilliant ball-handling and his inate ability to not only see the court, but to dictate how it flows, I think the thing that has surprised me the most is how good he's been running the half-court offense in the 4th quarter. Coming into the postseason it seemed like everybody believes the Suns might struggle because they couldn't run efficient half-court sets when opposing defenses were in playoff mode. Buuuullllshlt. He's consistently creating great looks for his teammates as well as himself almost every trip up the floor.

I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I'm actually looking forward to these conference finals because I think that for the first time in a long time the best 4 teams in the league will be involved.

Here's hoping you guys finish tonight so we can get these things started. Although it's not going to be easy beating a veteran team in an elimination game at home. Keep Finley in check, keep Stoudemire involved and keep Barbosa off the floor and you've got a shot.

Cya

P.S. Have you seen Nash dunk this year, or ever for that matter? I don't think I have and I'd like to see him flying through the air with that Kelly Leak hair to throw down on somebody. :)

Interestingly enough, as I've spent the last couple weeks realizing that I'm unconsciously rooting hard for the Suns every time I watch them, I've been thinking of ya' (is that unhealthy?)

Not so long ago I was poking much fun at the voters who gave Nash an MVP instead of Duncan, Iverson or a couple others. Now that I've actually seen the Suns a few times, Mr Nash has shut my fat yap. Watching him this series has been exhilirating and just when you think he can't do anything else, he pulls down over a dozen boards in the biggest game of the year!

For all his outstanding shooting, his subtly brilliant ball-handling and his inate ability to not only see the court, but to dictate how it flows, I think the thing that has surprised me the most is how good he's been running the half-court offense in the 4th quarter. Coming into the postseason it seemed like everybody believes the Suns might struggle because they couldn't run efficient half-court sets when opposing defenses were in playoff mode. Buuuullllshlt. He's consistently creating great looks for his teammates as well as himself almost every trip up the floor.

I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I'm actually looking forward to these conference finals because I think that for the first time in a long time the best 4 teams in the league will be involved.

Here's hoping you guys finish tonight so we can get these things started. Although it's not going to be easy beating a veteran team in an elimination game at home. Keep Finley in check, keep Stoudemire involved and keep Barbosa off the floor and you've got a shot.

Cya

P.S. Have you seen Nash dunk this year, or ever for that matter? I don't think I have and I'd like to see him flying through the air with that Kelly Leak hair to throw down on somebody.  :blink:

340953[/snapback]

Kelly Leak hair. :huh::doh: Thanks, that was a great post. They can run the half court because they can do the simple pick 'n roll every single time down the floor. I don't think he has dunked, he is one of those guys that just does simple lay-ups like they teach you in 6th grade. I think he can dunk though. Tonight will be tough but I don't see Dallas winning two in a row against them.