Picard attacks coach with bat

Related to that story, I don't think it's a fair policy that school sport teams have that suspend players who miss practices or games for legitimate reasons, such as attending the school prom or going on a family vacation during spring break. There should be some leeway for valid reasons. These are high school sports; the kids aren't getting paid or receiving scholarships to play sports in high school (and if they were, that would be another problem).

Related to that story, I don't think it's a fair policy that school sport teams have that suspend players who miss practices or games for legitimate reasons, such as attending the school prom or going on a family vacation during spring break.  There should be some leeway for valid reasons.  These are high school sports; the kids aren't getting paid or receiving scholarships to play sports in high school (and if they were, that would be another problem).

340089[/snapback]

I'll assume that the team rules were known to all. Life has it's knocks.

Related to that story, I don't think it's a fair policy that school sport teams have that suspend players who miss practices or games for legitimate reasons, such as attending the school prom or going on a family vacation during spring break.  There should be some leeway for valid reasons.  These are high school sports; the kids aren't getting paid or receiving scholarships to play sports in high school (and if they were, that would be another problem).

340089[/snapback]

It wasn't the prom at her school, it was the prom at another school - not a valid reason to miss a game.

340089[/snapback]

Yeah, I hate when kids have to make choices where there are actually consequences. You know, like in real life. :wacko:

Apparently her dad agreed with you.