Man on the run

Lot`s of excitement here in my neck of the wood`s .A fugitive somehow during transport beat a state trooper a mile down the road and stole his cruiser ..they found the car around here and have chopper`s dog`s and people on 4 wheeler`s around the wood`s here looking for him ..well time to get the weapon`s out and do some hunting 0:)

Be careful ! Could be a dangerous situation.

339936[/snapback]

No kidding, they just ended a manhunt in our neck of the woods, and its creepy thinking that someone could be watching you just trying to get into your house, or abduct you. This idiot tried to abduct a woman 3 times, failed each time.

Local authorities are on a hunt for a man they say is armed and very dangerous. Law enforcement officials also say he has a lengthy criminal record and was released from prison just this year.

The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office is looking for Glenn Wheeler, Jr. of Crawfordville. Authorities say two Wakulla County women have identified Glenn Wheeler as the person who broke into their homes, attacked them and tried to kidnap them.

"He then committed several burglaries of others residents there where there was no one home. Evidence there at the scene ties him to these burglaries," said MAJ Bill Poole with the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office.

The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office has been searching for Glenn Wheeler since Friday. They say the first woman was attacked Thursday night and the second on Saturday. Wheeler is considered armed and dangerous.

"He has made it known that he does not want to go back to prison, so we need people to proceed with caution and contact your local law enforcement, whether it be the Leon County's Sheriff Office or the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office," added MAJ Bill Poole.

The third time he called a woman and told her that her brother had been in a serious accident and that a trooper was on the way to pick her up. She got suspicious and called her brother. After being asured that he was safe, she called back the number (from caller ID) that had called her, and got his voice mail. She called police but he never showed up to get her.

What's the story?  Did they catch him?

340231[/snapback]

I didnt think I'd hold your attention for this long. Here's the news story:

Glen Wheeler, Jr., who is suspected of trying to kidnap two women, was arrested at 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.

A tip led deputies to Shell Point Wednesday afternoon where they spotted Wheeler inside a car. He's been on the run since Sunday after two women ID'd him as the man who broke into their homes, attacked them and tried to kidnap them.

Wheeler was arrested without incident at the intersection of Old Shell Point and Cornegay Way around 2 p.m. Deputies say they've been looking around the clock for Wheeler, so his arrest isn't just a sigh of relief for the community, but for investigators too.

MAJ Maurice Langston of the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office says, "During the time of his arrests, some of the deputies, after he had been handcuffed and placed into a patrol unit, heard people in a nearby restaurant applauding, so there's a deep sigh of relief."

Wheeler is facing a number of charges: kidnapping, burglary with assault, battery, attempted kidnapping, attempted burglary and grand theft auto.

Additional charges are also coming down from the Wakulla County Courthouse. There was another person inside the car with Wheeler. We are told that man hasn't been charged. However, he is being questioned.

340231[/snapback]

still out there the chopper is flying around the wood`s here even by my house with a search light last seen around noon 1 mile from my house ,he has eluded blood hound`s and and army of police in the wood`s ..he broke into my bosses house yestrday around 2 and then another around 6 hit the cop with a pry bar in the head and ran over him in the sqad car wrecked it half a mile down the road and fled in the wood`s ..he`s from Altoona ,was getting methadone treatment`s at a clinic a few miles away and freaked ..he has a long bad history...wish me luck as we sleep with my shotgun`s nearby

:)

damn...... just a little scared? i'd be crapping my pants

340763[/snapback]

my11 year old son and wife aren`t saying too much ,,I just can`t believe they haven`t caught him by now ..he`s been walking the creek to throw off his scent..there is some big wood`s around here..but they think he`s in a2mile area around my house..that chopper pilot has got to be wore out ..later gotta check the yard again

my11 year old son and wife aren`t saying too much ,,I just can`t believe they haven`t caught him by now ..he`s been walking the creek to throw off his scent..there is some big wood`s around here..but they think he`s in a2mile area around my house..that chopper pilot has got to be wore out ..later gotta check the yard again

340774[/snapback]

So what exactly are you doing, like what precautions do you take for this situation, and are you nervous about your wife and kids? best of luck to you

So what exactly are you doing, like what precautions do you take for this situation, and are you nervous about your wife and kids? best of luck to you

340776[/snapback]

keep everthing locked up my german shepard in the house and hope he stay`s away from here..Ido have lot`s of gun`s ..ammo since I`m a hunter..this nut has been without food for a day and a half in the wood`s and I`m thinking he`s getting close to breaking into a house again for food ..Me and the dog will be up for quite a while so they can sleep

keep everthing locked up my german shepard in the house and hope he stay`s away from here..Ido have lot`s of gun`s ..ammo since I`m a hunter..this  nut has been without food for a day and a half  in the wood`s  and I`m  thinking he`s getting close to breaking into a house again for food ..Me and the dog will be up for quite a while  so they can sleep

340784[/snapback]

You're a good man, keep up the good work, lock up tight, and best of luck to you. The guy in our area was nowhere near as bad, this guy seems smart and dangerous, two things you dont want.

340231[/snapback]

Finally caught ,this morning at 7 found sleeping in a broke down old van in back of someone`s yard..had stolen money and 2 hunting knives..and burned out from the chase..the officer is doing fine and back in town..bail is set at 1/2 million

still out there the chopper is flying around the wood`s here even by my house with a search light last seen around noon 1 mile from my house ,he has eluded blood hound`s and and army of police in the wood`s ..he broke into my bosses house yestrday around 2  and then another around 6 hit the  cop with a pry bar in the head and ran over him in the sqad car wrecked it half a mile down the road and fled in the wood`s ..he`s from Altoona ,was getting methadone treatment`s at a clinic a few miles away and freaked ..he has a long bad history...wish me luck as we sleep with my shotgun`s nearby

:blink:

340750[/snapback]

How many times have you heard me say "Ricky...put the pipe down. It'll lead to worse things"? He just never listens.

keep everthing locked up my german shepard in the house and hope he stay`s away from here..Ido have lot`s of gun`s ..ammo since I`m a hunter

Did you sit in a rocking chair with a shotgun in your arms, shooting at the first thing that moves???

:blink:

Finally caught ,this morning at 7 found sleeping in a broke down old van in back of someone`s yard..had stolen money and 2 hunting knives..and burned out  from the chase..the officer is doing fine and back in town..bail is set at 1/2  million

341598[/snapback]

Wow. Glad to hear he's been caught, the officer is on the mend, and that you and your family are safe!