Titans RB Chris Brown

Brown's a peculiar runner and I can see TN fans watching his style figuring Travis might just be an improvement- and they could be right. In some way's like Duane Thomas, Browns more explosive than Travis but he seems kind of stiff hitting holes; even though he has some success getting through tight holes Travis should be even more productive between the tackles. It's an O that isn't looking for the RB to play much of a role in the pass game so overall the Titans should see Travis as a lot more vaulable than most teams do.

Brown's a peculiar runner and I can see TN fans watching his style figuring Travis might just be an improvement- and they could be right. In some way's like Duane Thomas, Browns more explosive than Travis but he seems kind of stiff hitting holes; even though he has some success getting through tight holes Travis should be even more productive between the tackles. It's an O that isn't looking for the RB to play much of a role in the pass game so overall the Titans should see Travis as a lot more vaulable than most teams do.

339792[/snapback]

this is a good assessment. his one asset vis a vis travis is that he does appear to be a good bit faster. that hardly makes him a better back though. beyond this injury, what are the others he's had? people refer to an injury history of which i'm unaware.

339792[/snapback]

Actually, Brown reminds me of Eric Dickerson. Tall, runs high without lowering his shoulder. Exposes the ball a little much but has been effective when healthy. Problem is he struggles to stay healthy, as was the case in Colorado during his college career. I'm sensing a pattern.

No surprise that Henry finds another team considering him. The Titans will stuggle badly this year, having just gone through cap hell. Brown will mend in time for the regular season but the Titans have a legit RB depth concern with his constant injuries.

Semms like TD to a certain extent has been vindicated today. With the Release of Shelton and if now he can get a trade done.

339895[/snapback]

When did Shelton get released...I think you are confusing him with

dante brown who was released after the signing of Lee.

He meant LT L.J. Shelton from the Cards, who the Bills could have potentially acquired from the Cards for trading Travis.

339957[/snapback]

Think about that now, how crazy would it be to trade a viable NFL 1000 yard rusher for a guy who can't play on the Cardinals?? Thank god they didn't bow to the player for player swap.

I think the Cards are better, and possibly a borderline wildcard team in the NFC....but they've proven nothing yet.

Actually, Brown reminds me of Eric Dickerson. Tall, runs high without lowering his shoulder. Exposes the ball a little much but has been effective when healthy. Problem is he struggles to stay healthy, as was the case in Colorado during his college career. I'm sensing a pattern.

No surprise that Henry finds another team considering him. The Titans will stuggle badly this year, having just gone through cap hell. Brown will mend in time for the regular season but the Titans have a legit RB depth concern with his constant injuries.

339930[/snapback]

That longer torso is a trait of all three runners we're talking about, and probably leads to the upright running by necessity- something a munchkin like Travis doesn't have to fight. I always picture Eric with good hip flexion while Brown in the limited times I've had watching him looks like his hips are welded in place to his spine. Duane Thomas as I recall had the same limitation- stationary hips with that upright style but the one thing both Thomas and Brown have is that open field gear that they can hit in stride to create separation. If I recall ED correctly he was pretty smooth through the full range of his speed?